Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1993 911 RS AMERICA

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 05:21 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Year: 1993
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 82507
Color: Gran Prix White
VIN: WP0AB2961PS419166
Price (no $ sign please): $103991
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

2006 when this was a community, not F Chat douchebaggery in disguise!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:17 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
?...
Prices are not set, offers buy cars
Actually bids do.

A little levity is always good.

Beautiful car, best success with the sale.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:37 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 881 Likes on 366 Posts

It seems like the only thing that's changed is the negative remarks. Don't remember that happening in the past. There isn't any person or dealer that can control the up and down swings in value. The run up over the past 5 years is certainly connected to the stock market...seen this story before. IMHO the next 5 years will look very different. Additionally I don't think it make you less of an enthusiast if you sell your car for a big profit.

I think Rennlist should eliminate commentary on pricing.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:45 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm not one to usually harp on ads but as a past RSA owner this one is extraordinarily poorly presented by the dealer. Not just in the general lack of attention to the details of the car (smile, pull strap end caps) itself but in the lack of knowledge of the history of the car (AC/no AC).

RSA's aren't that unique but unique enough that I can see a mainstream dealer having trouble with selling a 23 year old limited production car.

Caveat emptor buying a car like this from a dealer with so many holes in the story and lack of attention to detail. It seems like they put the cart before the horse in getting this ad out.

Hey guys, we have just acquired this stunning 1993 911 RS America in Gran Prix White with Black interior.
The car has 82,507 miles and is Very well documented. The interior and the exterior of this car is in exceptionally good condition with no accidents and Zero paintwork. The car is fully stock except for the mounted fire extinguisher.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:37 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i used to not like have some issues with "flipping". the word sounds negative. but that's only b/c i missed out buying the car that went to flipper. it's really my fault. mkt is transparent. who pulls the trigger first wins. as a buyer, i have missed cars i wanted b/c i hesitated. sometimes a mere 3 minute more. no , i am not kidding. our group has also missed great buys for 8 figure real estate deals b/c i faxed my signature page 51 min. slower than our competitor. i will never forget that deal. as a seller, i make no promises and treat everyone the same. who's greenback shows up first gets the car. and if you dont pick up your car once paid, i will keep on driving it (but of course, i tell you all that first) i do not hold guy to a buyer's head.

crazy prices? nothing is crazy, i offered my 4.0 for$300k for a few hours just for giggles. no one took it. now it's 400k.

i bought a RS3.8 at 190k (17000 miles) when there were at 150 mkt. b/c i wanted THAT car which had no options. it had to be THAT CAR. so i paid up for it. only turned out i dind't really like it all that much. so i sold it. a friend wanted it cannot decide. i sold to someone else at 160 (that's 20k lost in 17 days). that friend then decied he wnated it. so i told him where the car went. he offered 200k to buy it back. and he now has that car. so the only person at fault is my friend. be a man, and make a fkg decision. put the rubber on or take a risk. and if a flipper got the car, then he's faster and better than you are, so he is entitled to get a profit. this is called FIRST TO MKT. if apple released iphone V1 today, apple stock would be likely down to $.50/share. but they were the first true smart phone. today all phones are smart. but iphone was first...

dont be mad, be fast.
like i teach my kids, do not walk, always run, get it done and do not trip b/c daddy as well as others will only laugh at you. tough love.

no, i and many of my friends pay up for the cars. that's why the RS i keep are not just another RS. and my track beaters are usually cleaner than most ppl's weekend drivers.

will the bottom fall out, sure it will. just make sure you fall on soft mattress.
will stock bottom out. sure it will, so we should all stop equity trading?
will we die some days, sure we will.. so should we stop living?
will the cars continue to go up in price, maybe maybe not. if you (generic you, no one specific) bought RS when i sold my first one, you be laughing yourself to death. i sold my 2010 RS in 2011 for 125,000$. my good friend who's got an amazing collection of cars, told me that i single handily destroyed the RS mkt..... how would i know it's 200k today.... so i cannot say it will not be 300k tomorrow. thus when i see an zero option RS, i buy, when i see it. i dont like to wait for mkt to go up or go down. i live now, i buy now, i drive now. tmo i may not be around. just few months ago, some moron in a 991GT3RS almost hit me head on when i was cycling. others who likes to wait, it's your choice. i know a few 50 year old virgins. but i think they waited too long and now stale you know what i mean...

yes, i wish too. then i would not have to pay $100k for a freaking slow generic 911 carerra.... but 2007-8 is better still, mkt tanked. ppl defaulted... but i do not want to take toys away from others when they are hurting. i do not want to see economy down. 10% unemployment rate does no one any good. i dont care how wealthy you are, you may be fine but watching others hurting is not my style (again, YOU is used as generic pronoun, i dont mean JDHertz in particular). but i do know what JDH meant. when porsche was just a car it was cool. but you know what. it is still just a car. it cost more now, but get one, take care of it and drive it. my is covverd in dirty rain water now. spent all day cleaning two of them. that's part of the fun. buy once then you can have fun a long time. way better than sex. buy many times and fun for few mintues.

personally i do not understand RSA. i LOVE POWER STEERING. when your rotator cuff has had 10 surgeries, anything heavier than cadillac deville of the 80s is too heavy.... i like C2 way more. but some ppl love RSA. that's fine too. there aren't that many, a

No sunroof and it would be in my driveway.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:57 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,622 Likes on 2,308 Posts

trust me,the car u got instead is way better than rsa
drive it
then all of a sudden that rs3.8 is only good enough to take to Safeway or take the kids to school.

keep the red car
it's as idiosyncratic as ur $$$$ FJ but it is what it is

the new car u getting is the new paradigm

flying a mustang is all
cool. but I really prefer full avionics and such on he super hornet.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I wish we could rewind to 2006 when these were all just used cars. I really dislike what the increased values have brought to this hobby. The Porsche world will never be the same again, unfortunately...
What he said x a billion
Old 01-31-2016, 12:18 AM
sturm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy ****e according to the VIN- That's my old car- sold in June of '14 to the east coast!!!

If that's the same motor its a Gamroth 3.8; And a MAF; and B&B headers

Weird; I wonder if this has been bouncing from dealer to dealer for the past 2 yrs. It cleaned up nicely.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:02 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I wonder if the "fully stock" is still "fully stock"?
Old 02-01-2016, 03:37 PM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sturm
Holy ****e according to the VIN- That's my old car- sold in June of '14 to the east coast!!!

Weird; I wonder if this has been bouncing from dealer to dealer for the past 2 yrs. It cleaned up nicely.
Funny, I saw your car at Cantrells and I wanted to buy it and do a motor swap with my RSA track car -- but it had been sold already.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sturm

I wonder what dealer will buy it next? lol
Old 02-01-2016, 07:00 PM
cts993
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
I see plenty of RSA's for sale at $100k +, given what normal C2's are selling for price doesn't seem out line. So here is thing I don't get- I would assume that anyone on this site is a reasonably well skilled capitalist - if we weren't good a making a few $$ we wouldn't have money through away on expensive toys. Why is it not ok for car dealers, sales people, mechanics etc to make money- doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think I'd want anyone on this site to dictate what the profit margin for products I sell out to be. If sh*ts too expensive it doesn't sell, if it sells price was ok, not that complicated.

Phil
Amen brother
Old 02-02-2016, 02:45 AM
sturm
Racer

Originally Posted by FJSeattle
Funny, I saw your car at Cantrells and I wanted to buy it and do a motor swap with my RSA track car -- but it had been sold already.
Small world, Colin's a great guy I had him broker the sale for me.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:40 AM
Row
AutoX

Extremely Clean. GLWS
Old 02-15-2016, 10:38 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem here with selling a car for a profit, even if it's considered flipping. Buy low, sell high. They are in this as a business, they have overhead, and we should expect them to make money so they will be able to stay in business. No different than any of us in business.

I do have a problem with a car not represented correctly, especially by a PORSCHE dealer, they should know better. They advertised as "fully stock", it's not. Let the buyer beware, pay for a good PPI. I do wish they would take more time representing this car properly, if they don't know it's not hard to find out.

Don't get me wrong, this still in fact may be an excellent car to buy, and PORSCHE North Houston may even be willing to correct some of these items. John even said they are already working on some of the items. Whether it's a great,good, or bad deal just depends what you are looking for and what your price point is.

The door handle clips are obvious, as is the lack of AC compressor, even tho the COA and options codes say it has AC. Guess no one else noticed the KN filter and hot film sensor in place of the true stock AFM, (appears to be an Autothority MAF).
It does appear to maybe have a different exhaust, hard to tell from the current pics. Also it appears a weird exhaust trim on rear bumper around the exhaust tips. Hmmm, two exhaust tips ? RSA's didn't come like that. Missing blower motor ? Want me to keep going, it's like where's Waldo.
Carpet looks a little wrong too even tho I can't tell for sure from current pics. RS emblem on rear deck lid is wrong too, lacks the "America" portion and may be the incorrect size. All pretty obvious stuff, at least to me, although I do get hired out to do PPI's on a regular basis for Porsche's so I probably am more critical than most people. Of course I'm just checking out pictures online.

John, Feel free to call me if I can help with details. Rodger,Gerald, even Gary Schultz all have my cell phone number.
Cheers,
Viking

Quick Reply: 1993 911 RS AMERICA