Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB 997.1 GT3 - Clean, Stock, White

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Pucker
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTB 997.1 GT3 - Clean, Low Miles, White

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 18000
Color: White
Price (no $ sign please): $88000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Finally ready (after years of stocking the change jar) to make my dream car purchase.

That said, I'm looking for...

-Very clean 997.1 GT3
-White
-Steel brakes (or NO track time PCCBs)
-18k or fewer miles
-Predominately street miles
-Clean DME report
-2 or fewer owners preferred
-Complete Service records
-No paint/body work
-No stories
-Basically one that's led an easy life.

I know, a lot to ask...but this will be a once-in-a-lifetime purchase for me, so I'd like to get it right the first time. BTW, thanks to Rennlisters for sharing their passion and knowledge.

Please contact me at mrw1775@gmail.com if you have the car I've described. Thanks.

Last edited by Pucker; 09-22-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-07-2014, 01:09 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

I thought I saw a white 7.1gt3 for sale last week here in the for sale ads. The guy bumped his ad like crazy. But I can't find it anymore.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:39 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,795 Likes on 1,671 Posts

I've got a white one that I'll part with. pm me for details. 32k odo
Old 09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Pucker
Intermediate

4.0, saw that too...he pulled his ad.

RAudi, looking for 18k miles or less. Thanks gents.

Last edited by Pucker; 09-08-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 47 Posts

There is a pretty nice white on ebay similar to what you are looking for (auction #251634450450). 12.2km miles. Its a PCCB car, but he has steel rotors on it (still has the carbon rotors tho). He has a BIN for $83k. Looks quite clean save for a (very) small dent on the right rocker panel just behind the passenger front tire.

Seems pretty good w/ answering questions. I'd consider making an offer, but I'm just not ready to pull the trigger yet (have to sell my '00 Boxster S first).

Good luck! You're looking for what I want too! LOL
Old 09-07-2014, 10:23 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Pucker
4.0, saw that too...he pulled his ad.
I'm assuming he sold it/traded it in to Palo Alto Volvo/McLaren...? It's listed here.

I also saw this but the post was removed so I couldn't read the whole thing:

I talked with one of the salesmen at Palo Alto and another person is doing a PPI on it tomorrow (they already have an agreed upon price but no deposit). He's going to email me if it falls through (which, based on that "BEWARE" CL posting), it might.

Anybody know anything about that car?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:45 AM
limitedslip
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 68 Posts

^interesting, curious to know.

A quick google search of the previous owner's name reveals a blog post where he talks about how worn the brakes are; and another where the car is advertised at 77.5 (was asking 82+ here on rennlist if I'm not mistaken).
Old 09-08-2014, 12:47 AM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by limitedslip

A quick google search of the previous owner's name reveals a blog post where he talks about how worn the brakes are; and another where the car is advertised at 77.5 (was asking 82+ here on rennlist if I'm not mistaken).
He lowered his price to 77.5 after a couple of days at 82k...and then the post disappeared. I thought someone bought it...
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Mike, I have waffled back and forth with selling mine. In fact, I went through this again 2 weeks ago. Yes, I have exactly the car you are looking for as you know from reading past posts. The biggest issue with this car is that every time you drive it you feel like life can't get much better at that very moment in time. I keep asking myself what I would replace it with and can't come to a conclusion where the GT3 goes and a new car takes that garage stall away. I rarely drive it, and selling would make sense, but I have a feeling if I sold it my 6 year old would smother me in my sleep.

<---See my avatar
Old 09-08-2014, 10:21 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 711 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Mike, I have waffled back and forth with selling mine. In fact, I went through this again 2 weeks ago. Yes, I have exactly the car you are looking for as you know from reading past posts. The biggest issue with this car is that every time you drive it you feel like life can't get much better at that very moment in time. I keep asking myself what I would replace it with and can't come to a conclusion where the GT3 goes and a new car takes that garage stall away. I rarely drive it, and selling would make sense, but I have a feeling if I sold it my 6 year old would smother me in my sleep.

<---See my avatar
I sold my .1 two years ago thinking that it was just a car and could easily be replaced with another one. Boy, was I wrong... There is nothing close to giving the GT3 experience. I did regret selling the car, but a year and a half after selling my .1, I was lucky enough to be able to afford a 997.2 and replaced the empty spot in my garage.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:07 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by limitedslip

So I again spoke with the salesman at Palo Alto Volvo and he said that, before they go the car, during a PPI, a mechanic found a coolant leak. But when they (they being Volvo or McLaren, I don't know) inspected it, they didn't find any issues.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:27 PM
r6elmo
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

they said they are asking 79-80K for the car at volvo. Sounds like there's a lot of interested parties. They are waiting on PPI, i think it's the local porsche dealership doing it before they try to actively sell it.

No clue on what price they have in mind to purchase said vehicle.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:34 PM
mnorek
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a perfect, carrara white 2007 997.1 that I'm about to post for sale. Xenons, upgraded stereo, rain sensors (complete waste since it hasn't seen but a couple of showers), self-dim mirrors and not much else (no nav). It is exquisitely kept, radically over-serviced and lovingly cleaned and detailed, BUT, with track time. I ordered it new and it was built on what I have been told was the last day of production for the 2007s. I have the certificate from Porsche around here somewhere. It's a single-owner car with 10,822 miles as I parked it in the garage a few minutes ago.

If I lied and told you it didn't have track time, you wouldn't know, since the car was my dream car and treated as such. It's front end has been clear wrapped from day 1 and headlights covered while on track and it's never been off the track surface. I have another track car so used this only at a handful PCA events, in between instructing.

The front clear wrap just re-done last summer all the way to the A-pillar and the rear corners and bumper. Well, also, there are race buckets seats, harnesses, a bolt-in (or out) DAS roll bar, GT3 cup arms and pucks all the way around, Guard differential (replaced the only piece of junk on the car that Porsche made) and some other parts most would appreciate. Also available as part of the package are a set of track wheels. If you want only a street car, I could restore it to completely stock within a few hours of work, well, except for all of the really nice suspension bits and Guard differential, which I guarantee you you would want if you drove one with and one without back to back.

Anyway, if you change your mind about the track use or just want to let your eyes and hands be the judge on cosmetics of a car lovingly used as it was meant to be, let me know. I can send pictures I took this morning, coincidentally. If you change your mind, please PM me. If anyone else is interested, please do as well.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Pucker
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies Gents...appreciate the responses and feedback from everybody. I know my car is here, somewhere...
Old 09-10-2014, 11:07 AM
ugotgrossed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Formerly Known As: 2008whitegt3

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

i have high option ($141k) 2008 white 6k miles in 100% pristine condition up for sale. Looking to get $105 for it.

Quick Reply: WTB 997.1 GT3 - Clean, Stock, White