Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1989 944 S2 3L 16V 10k on complete engine/suspension rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:46 AM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 1989 944 S2 3L 16V 10k on complete engine/suspension rebuild

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Cont. Porsche Models: 944S2
Mileage (numbers only please): 127500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Linen Metallic/Black
VIN: WP0AB2941KN452478
Price (no $ sign please): $10950
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

For your consideration is my 1989 Porsche 944 S2 3.0L 16V for sale in outstanding condition. VIN WP0AB2941KN452478 Beautiful Linen Metallic exterior (paint code LM1U- a cross between silver and tan- commonly called "champagne") over a black interior. She has 127k miles on the frame but only 10k flawless miles after a complete engine and suspension rebuild with over $9000 in upgrades and new parts.

I have all maintenance records and receipts dating back to the original delivery date of 6/90 and although she has had several owners it is quite apparent that she has been well taken care of. I purchased her from a fellow PCA member who had intended to set her up for racing but ran out of time and funds so she has not seen the track. As such the engine is reliably strong and pulls steady with her new clutch, smooth transmission and solid motor mounts and she handles very well with tight renewed suspension. The paint is all original and in excellent condition and the interior shows very well with minimal dash cracking which makes me believe she has been garaged most of her life.

This is my fourth 944/951 series car as I have been an enthusiast for these fine vehicles dating back over the past 25 years. By far this is the nicest one yet with a great balance of power, handling and low maintenance expense - especially compared to the turbos I've owned. I know my way around these engines, and have been able to perform most of the maintenance on my vehicles going back years. As a doctor I can afford the upkeep so you can rest assured that this car has been well taken care of and kept in top running order. Even though she has 127k miles she runs, drives and handles superbly with no issues.

I had a complete pre-purchase inspection performed by a reputable Porsche repair shop that specializes in and races 944's prior to my purchase and the car was rated highly in all categories ( please see copy of the report). She did have an A/C leak which has since been repaired with all new parts and does have a very minor steering pressure line leak (maybe 2 drops in a month). The engine bay is otherwise clean and dry with no oil or coolant leaks. She also had a history of minor front bumper damage some 12 years ago on a title search which was fully repaired otherwise no there is no accident history.

You may find another car with lower mileage (beware how easy it is to disable the odometers on these cars) and you can probably find one cheaper but IMHO if the repairs noted below have not been performed then the new owner will surely be the one incurring the expense to sort out issues which are certain to arise. I had intended to keep this car for a long time and build a 3.0L Turbo motor from this well sorted platform but have not had the time to do so and now am relocating hence the reason for the sale. I have most of the parts for such a build including a Vitesse/Garret Stage 2 turbo, Vitesse MAF with chips, 951 DME, tuning modules/software and a new OEM factory wiring harness which I will make available for sale separately should the buyer be interested. These parts are not included with the sale of the vehicle.

Specifics:

Note- all items below completed during full engine out rebuild at 116k unless otherwise noted. With all receipts

ENGINE

3.0 liter DOHC 16V

- Top End: Reconditioned Head and valve seats with all new valves and guides.
Reconditioned Lifters, stock cam
New Victor Reinz Head Gasket.
Fuel Injectors cleaned and reconditioned by WitchHunter Performance with flow matching

- Bottom End: New Main and Rod bearings.
New Goetz Piston Rings
All new seals including RMS and Oil Cooler
New oil pan gasket
Crankshaft Mic'd and polished
Block cleaned, Cylinders deglazed, honed

- Clutch: OEM Porsche Performance clutch placed at 106k with new clutch master and slave cylinders.

- All new belts, rollers, tensioners including the cam chain, tensioner and guide

- New Water Pump, 80C thermostat, hoses and cooling fan relay. Always runs normal temps even middle of summer in Florida

- New fuel lines, FPR

- New Idle Control Valve, Distributor Cap, Rotor, Spark Plug Wires

- A/C system conversion to R134. New A/C compressor (not rebuilt) 120k with all new seals, evaporator, drier and recharge. Blows nice and cold

SUSPENSION/BRAKES/WHEELS

Yellow Koni adjustable shocks on the rear with OEM front springs/struts

New control arm, sway bar, drop link and steering rack bushings

New Solid Motor Mounts

New Porterfield brake pads

New Brake Rotors @ 90k miles.

New Front Wheel Bearings

New OEM Porsche D-90 rims @ 90k miles. Falken tires with good rubber

INTERIOR

-Porsche Recaro 8 way powered heated black leather seat upgrade ($1000)

-Custom stereo install with Alpine AM/FM/CD player CDM 9803 50W x 4 Stereo Amplifier with 6 Disc CD/MP3 Changer and integrated Alpine XM satellite receiver system.

-Speakers upgraded to full MB Quart 4x6's in front and 6 1/2" speakers in the rear that sound fantastic. Also have an Alpine 10" subwoofer with separate power amp if desired

-New front carpet set with OEM high-end Porsche logo mats

-Dash in excellent condition with minimal cracking

-New Shift Boot, Console Hinge

She needs nothing and I would have no hesitation to sell to friends or family or to drive her to Alaska. All electronics work normally except the dash clock which has the common LCD screen separation. The paint has some very minor scratches and rock chips but otherwise is very good as you can see from the photos. All original print materials, tire pump and spare tire, sunroof bag, and tool kit come with the vehicle. I'll also include some spare parts- A good used starter, new regular motor mounts, new CV boots and other miscellaneous items if desired. Thanks for looking!

Retail new: $45,285 NADA Valuation $13,600

Asking $ 10,950.00

Sold as is with no implied warranty and all sales final.
Attached Images          

Last edited by michael2e; 05-05-2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-28-2014, 06:20 PM
FarEastGrappler
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice ! Hope my NSX sells fast so I can pick up at S2, maybe this one
Old 04-29-2014, 01:28 PM
xcusemi
Rennlist Member

Pls let me know more info on ur NSX. You can PM me the info
Old 04-29-2014, 01:56 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Very nice. GL
Old 04-29-2014, 02:41 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys - she should make somebody very happy. Cheers!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:09 PM
FarEastGrappler
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by xcusemi
Pls let me know more info on ur NSX. You can PM me the info
Sorry to hijack your thread, but as a newbie I cannot PM. On a related note, if I sell my NSX soon, I am Seriously interested in this S2

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...NA1150MT002031

I bought my dream car almost 2 years ago. Baby girl #2 coming June (and Baby girl #1 entering preschool in Sept) prompts sale, and I am Thrilled about the growing family ! I am planning to have pics and video done this weekend weather permitting, and list it after the weekend. You can email me

dcunananmd at gmail dot com (sorry not sure if Noobs can post actual email)

for details, ie. I ditched the Chromes and went OEM 97-01 rims, Clear Bra, etc

Thank you, and please save that S2 for a fellow Physician enthusiast, hehe
Old 04-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Bk944968
Intermediate

Default S2

Interested in your s2 . Please call my cell 845-346-5340 Bart. Also, send photos of the seats and seat power buttons.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:30 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Interior photos added

Quick Reply: FS: 1989 944 S2 3L 16V 10k on complete engine/suspension rebuild