Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1974 Carrera time machine!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 PM
billswim
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 Carrera time machine!

Year: 1974
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 26743
Color: Black/Red interior
VIN: 9114400432
Price (no $ sign please): $70000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

This car looks like it just drove off the showroom floor!

I'm helping a friend/customer sell her late husband's car. Its kind of a sad story. He had an original RS touring model and when they started to get too valuable to drive he got this car in order to drive it. Shortly after getting the car, he got cancer and died only putting around 3000 miles on the car. It has sat in their garage for almost ten years and she's finally ready to let it go.

Sure, its not a long hood or short wheel base car but as the prices of those cars hit the stratosphere the next logical collectible is right here. This car is incredible! One of only around 500 US Model Carreras produced. Its a non-sunroof car with red sport seats, flares and duck tail all factory original.

The mileage really is ONLY 26K! I have books and records that will go with the car and be available to any potential purchaser to examine to prove the mileage claim.

The hood script is very unusual and rare. I have only seen it on this car and in magazines. The owner also has another hood without the script that can go with the car if the purchaser wishes.

Pictures cannot do this car justice.

I have been all over this car with a fine tooth comb and can only find a couple of things not perfect on it. The front bumper has been repainted at some time. The rear lower valence has been repainted as well and the textured part on the part near the bellows doesn't match on both sides. There is one small snag on the driver's seat outer bolsters piping. The steering wheel looks like its seen a bit of sun. All four inner fender wells have been dusted with a flat black. Someone's idea of "cleaning up" the area I assume. A concourse detail would probably clean it right up.

The car runs great! The case has already been time-certed at approximately 13K miles along with new exhaust valves at that time.

While bringing it back from storage it got a new battery. It had the fuel tank drained and flushed. The brake system flushed with new fluid and bled. The transmission was drained and filled with swepco. The oil was changed and filled with motul 5100 15-50. It will need tires as these Pirellis have been on there for a while and I wouldn't trust 'em and they feel funny at 60 MPH. The fuel filter was left installed as there is no original replacement available and the new owner can decide how they wish to perform the update.

The car is available to view in Oakland, CA. or I can take pictures of any area a potential buyer would wish.

I have helped ship cars all over the world and can assist in arranging shipping if the new owner wishes. Or they can pick it up and drive it home.

Call 510-420-1262 or e-mail billswim(at)sbcglobal dot net

I'm having a little trouble with pictures so heres a link to a flicker account with 20 or so pics of the car.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billswi...7636520512166/
Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM
billswim
Rennlist Member

Back to the front page. 700 views and only a couple of e-mails? I thought there would be much more interest in this car.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:14 PM
PushingMyLuck
Instructor

At this price level, is this broker/dealer territory?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:56 PM
docron7
Intermediate

Is it still available? If it hasn't sold why?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Polaris
1st Gear

I'm not the seller but I did speak with him and apparently the car was sold.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 PM
billswim
Rennlist Member

Yes, sorry the car has been sold.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:30 PM
BTR3.4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not mine, just passsing on info. Sale pending $100K USD. http://www.europeancollectibles.com/..._inv_id=Po2985.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:17 PM
DougM92
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BTR3.4
Not mine, just passsing on info. Sale pending $100K USD. http://www.europeancollectibles.com/..._inv_id=Po2985.
They told me $107K
Old 01-22-2014, 11:27 PM
BTR3.4
Instructor

Must of heard wrong on the sale price, i know they were asking $119K USD, so $107K USD it is. Great price.

Quick Reply: 1974 Carrera time machine!