Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1984 Porsche 944

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:32 AM
86Meesta2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 Porsche 944

Year: 1984
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Mileage (numbers only please): 150000
Color: Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $3500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

Selling to fund the 996! When I got the car early this year it had been sitting for a few years. I put it up and went through the ENTIRE car to make sure everything was up to spec before I thought about driving it. Nothing was drastically wrong with the car, just minor oil leaks and the typical worn out components of a car of this age. Going through it, I replaced anything that was showing significant wear or was nearing the end of its expected service life. Here is a brief summary of the major work I did:

Timing and balance shaft belts
All oil seals on front of engine
Oil cooler seals
Valve cover gasket
Additional misc. gaskets: anything that appeared to be leaking or seeping, or was easy to get to while the front of the engine was apart got a new gasket.
I will note that the waterpump had previously been updated to the turbo style one, so I did not touch that
New battery
New reference sensor
New brake master cylinder, resurfaced front rotors (still enough thickness left to resurface another couple of times)
Replaced fluids (Oil, coolant, brake fluid in brake and clutch systems, and transmission fluid)
Flushed entire gas feed system, including removing gas tank to properly clean and acid etch. New fuel filter and in-tank fuel strainer. Cleaned and backflushed injectors, and replaced their o-rings.
Refinished Wheels
4 New speakers
Just the other week, the sunroof mechanism stopped working due to a broken limit switch drive dog. I replaced the broken part, and have cleaned, inspected, and lubed the whole mechanism.

The documentation on this car is great- I have literally tens of thousands in receipts from both myself and the previous owners, dating back to the 1990's! I even have the original window sticker! All the original manuals are included.
Of course, smog and registration are current.

Only non-op component is the AC, it blows warm.

Asking $3500/BO If interested please send an email or PM, preferably with your phone number included.

Last edited by 86Meesta2; 07-25-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM
86Meesta2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still available, open to reasonable offers

Quick Reply: 1984 Porsche 944