Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1990 Slate Grey 964 (911) C2 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 04:11 PM
stinkydog
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1990 Slate Grey 964 (911) C2 coupe

Year: 1990
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 121000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Slate Grey
Price (no $ sign please): $18500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

(more photos at https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...ey-964-c2.html)

1990 C2 coupe
Manual Transmission
Slate Grey Exterior
Linen Interior (partial leather)
8-way power seats
Sunroof
121k miles. Less than 30k miles on a top end rebuild w/ new clutch, oil lines, etc.
Mostly original and unmolested!

Located in: Missoula, MT

Asking: $18500 to Rennlist members

I'll be working on selling my 964 over the next few months, and would prefer to offer it to my fellow RLers first.

It's a Slate Grey exterior, partial leather linen interior with 8-way power seats and sunroof. Options include A/C, cruise control, and an upgraded radio.

I bought this car in 2008 from a private party in Long Beach, CA. He was the 2nd owner (from ~1992-2008) and had all his servicing done at Steve Taub Porsche and then Redline in Santa Monica. ( I have all previous service records from 1990-2008).

In addition to normal maintenance, the car had a lot of minor repairs (oil leaks, sunroof, etc.) - but also had a full top end rebuild at 95k miles, in addition to a new clutch, new oil lines, and various other repair/replacement parts. The car was inspected at Redline before being shipped to MT. There were 102k miles on the clock when I bought the car. Current mileage is 121k. I've done all my own maintenance (w/ records). The most recent valve adjustment was performed at 117k.

I've done quite a bit of 'proactive' maintenance over the past year or so - new belts, new belt sensor, O2 sensor, DME relay, new coils and coil wires, replaced a CV boot, brake pads, cleaned intake system, etc... (I can provide a more detailed list).

I've made a few minor upgrades during my ownership - mainly a Dansk G-pipe and a Steve Wong chip. I also added a remote keyless entry (patched into the central alarm system)

This car is in great mechanical condition - no oil leaks, runs strong, major systems well-maintained, etc. It's a great driver. No mechanical issues. I use a Scantool OBD interface w/ my laptop to run diagnostics, set idle adaptation, etc. The car has never been tracked and has always been garaged.

No body leaks (and the sunroof works perfectly).

Included is an Alpine CD changer (in the frunk), with the Alpine head unit. (This was a US dealer installed option). CD player and radio work great. The rear speakers are pretty new and work well. Front speakers would cut out, so I never really used them.

Cosmetic issues:

The right front wing was replaced (dented by an errant motorcycle in a parking lot). On the bright side, the paint on that wing is flawless.

Otherwise the main external paint cosmetics are:
- bumpers and rockers are in great shape with just a bit of road rash and a few small scratches on bumpers
- some road rash on the frunklid and both mirrors
- some dings on the frunklid
- one small ding/dimple on passenger side door
- several tiny dings and paint gouges in the driver side door
- shallow dimple under the fuel filler door
- cracks in plastic spoiler

I'd give the paint 7/10 overall - wings and roof being 8-9/10. Driver's door is more like a 6, as is the lower frunklid area and the two mirrors. If I could repaint just one area, it'd be the driver's door.

The trim pieces are all in excellent condition. Lights and lenses are in great shape.

The windshield has no cracks or major gouges, but plenty of micro-pitting.

The interior is in good shape. Driver's seat has a chronic tear/gouge in the upper bolster(a previous owner must have carried keys on their belt?), and typical lower bolster wear. Passenger's seat has a bit of bolster wear. Rear seats are in great shape, as are the folding cargo shelves. Headliner is in fantastic shape with just a couple of small defects. The plastic trim on the transmission hump has some gouges (I think the previous owner carried guitar cases or something back there). Carpet is good - original floormats are so-so but are covered with black aftermarket mats.

The dashboard is in fantastic shape, and all switches/gauges work properly. The one exception: cigarette lighter is currently inoperable (I do have a spare, yet to be installed).

Frunk carpet is in good shape, except for a tear along a front seam, and a few nonworking snaps. Spare tire and tool kit are all present and in excellent condition.

Stock D90 wheels are in good shape - no scrapes/cracks/dings, and just a bit a curb rash on the lips. The car is currently wearing Pilot Sport A/S 2 tires which are in great shape with about 10k miles on them. It's a good highway tire for cold weather - definitely not a sticky summer tire.

Mechanically, the car is sound and has had a lot of time & money spent on eliminating oil leaks (there are currently no leaks).

The engine compartment is clean. Upper insulation is currently falling down, but I plan to address that with a piece of aluminum. As mentioned above, there are new belts, belt sensor, ignition coils, coil wires, and the intake/AFM system was cleaned last year. There is a drilled airbox. The A/C is currently running on Freeze-12 and blows cold (or rather, what passes for "cold" in these cars).

The suspension is stock/OEM. A suspension upgrade was next on my list of projects, but unfortunately I won't have the opportunity to work on it. Suspension and steering are still tight. There are new brake pads and wear sensors on all 4 corners. I just replaced a torn right rear CV boot.

The sunroof and spoiler work perfectly. No water leaks anywhere.

Also included in the sale: original secondary exhaust, original DME chip, OBD scantool & software, valve adjusting screwdriver, 12 new plug wires, and a few other spare parts/964-specific stuff.

A couple short videos:

I've added more photos in a rennlist album here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...ey-964-c2.html

and I do have a more extensive album of photos available.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
kaiv
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you send me your contact information. Being a new member I do not have access to private messages. Thanks! kaiv_one@yahoo.com
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

very interseted! What are the '90's missing that later year 964's have?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Very cool car! GLWS, I'm sure this one will go very fast!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM
powderzone
Instructor

Nice car! If I had the room I'd be looking for a 964 just like this. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Todeshandler
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

message sent!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM
stinkydog
Instructor

Update: I have a buyer/deal, but if that falls through I will be offering the car to those who IMed me (in chronological order). I think I've replied to everyone who PM/emailed me, but apologize if I missed you - I've had a lot of responses.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:05 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkydog
Update: I have a buyer/deal, but if that falls through I will be offering the car to those who IMed me (in chronological order). I think I've replied to everyone who PM/emailed me, but apologize if I missed you - I've had a lot of responses.
GLWS!!
Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM
stinkydog
Instructor

The car has been sold - thanks for the interest!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:12 AM
pdudley
4th Gear

Default Please remove ads for items that have sold

Please remove ads for items that have sold.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 AM
swesna
Burning Brakes

pdudley great enforcement...can you go through all of the listing and flag all of them.

Quick Reply: 1990 Slate Grey 964 (911) C2 coupe