Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1995 Carrera 4 (993)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
nonsense55
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Carrera 4 (993)

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 82000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WPOAA29255323956
Price (no $ sign please): $30000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Edit: PPi revealed cylinder 1 leak down out of spec range. Car runs and drives as it should with no CEL or excessive oil consumption. It may continue working fine for many miles. The mechanic (previous buyers mechanic) is still a fan of this car and he and I agree that it should be driven until symptoms show up. I understand this top end service can be expensive and am negotiable on the price to account for the risk. That being said, I do not have to sell and will continue using it before I give it away.

Very good mechanical condition with no leaks or issues. New rear main seal and clutch at 68k. The car has upgraded wheels (MY02's) with newer tires. Stock cup wheels are included with michelin snow tires. Well maintained with a decent record file. It has been used and enjoyed so it has scratches, rock chips and a couple dings. If you are looking for a garage queen, this may not be the car.

Clean Carfax is available showing that i am the 4th owner (3rd owner was a close friend of mine).

Wish I could keep it but with 2 young kiddos it just doesn't get the use it deserves.

Located in Denver, Colorado
Attached Images      

Last edited by nonsense55; 08-30-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice looking 993. Driven year round? GLWS.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
nonsense55
8th Gear

Sale pending!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 PM
nonsense55
8th Gear

Default Back on the Market!

PPI/leakdown discovered 5 perfect cylinders and 1 that was out of spec. The car runs perfect and will likely continue running perfect for many more miles. The previous buyer couldn't stomach the thought of a potential top end rebuild in the forseeable future so his search continues. Me and the mechanic that performed the test agree that the car should be driven until it shows signs of a problem at which time it would get a fresh top end along with the other PM items that are cheap to do while your in there. I know some of you will take this chance and I am negotiable as there is inherantly more risk here but I will keep it rather than give it away.

Thanks for looking!
Old 08-30-2012, 10:15 PM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

why don't you post the price of a top end rebuild, may be someone will be interested to do it now and drive worry free !
Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 PM
DALLWA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who did your Leakdown? I'm outside Boulder and just curious on a good shop to recommend for a PPI?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:20 PM
nonsense55
8th Gear

Default PPI at Eisenbuds

Eisenbuds in Denver off of 8th and I25. They seemed very knowledgable and helpful, it will likely become my service shop.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:43 PM
nonsense55
8th Gear

Originally Posted by philooo
why don't you post the price of a top end rebuild, may be someone will be interested to do it now and drive worry free !
Good idea, I have heard anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on how far you want to go and who you feel is most qualified. If anyone has experience with this or knows first hand what it will cost I would love your insight.

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by nonsense55
Good idea, I have heard anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on how far you want to go and who you feel is most qualified. If anyone has experience with this or knows first hand what it will cost I would love your insight.

Thanks!
The car I'm buying had a top end rebuilt for $7k; at least that's what I was told.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:11 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

Does MY95 come w/ CEL light?

Is CEL a product of OBD II standards? Someone please correct me if I misspoke...
Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 AM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Eisenbuds in Denver off of 8th and I25. They seemed very knowledgable and helpful, it will likely become my service shop.
John (Eisenbud) has been servicing Porsche's in the Denver area for as long as I can remember! He's a great guy with a great reputation and as long as you can stomach his slightly dirty shop and slightly off-putting personality, I would consider him the best in the Denver area.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pm sent
Old 09-02-2012, 09:20 AM
BLT4SPD
Pro

PPI/leakdown discovered 5 perfect cylinders and 1 that was out of spec. The car runs perfect and will likely continue running perfect for many more miles. The previous buyer couldn't stomach the thought of a potential top end rebuild in the forseeable future so his search continues. Me and the mechanic that performed the test agree that the car should be driven until it shows signs of a problem at which time it would get a fresh top end along with the other PM items that are cheap to do while your in there. I know some of you will take this chance and I am negotiable as there is inherantly more risk here but I will keep it rather than give it away.

Thanks for looking!
How "out of spec" are we talking about here? Did 5 come back under 5% and 1 came back at 25%? Could you/would you provide the actual numbers?
Old 09-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Midtec
5th Gear

Default Still Looking To Sell?

Hi,

Are you still looking to sell?

Did you get a copy of the engineers report? I may be interested in a deal where the top end rebuild cost less a % recognition of the benefit to the new owner is included.

I am based in Denver.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
nonsense55
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Midtec
Hi,

Are you still looking to sell?

Did you get a copy of the engineers report? I may be interested in a deal where the top end rebuild cost less a % recognition of the benefit to the new owner is included.

I am based in Denver.
I can hook you up with the tech that did the leakdown at Eisenbuds. Let me know if you would like to see the car and figure out a deal.
Thanks

Quick Reply: 1995 Carrera 4 (993)