Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo 951 Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Speedsportsracing
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo 951 Race Car

Year: 1950
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: Orange
Price (no $ sign please): $22900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo Race Car
Vin WP0AA0953GN150133
Allright here is the story...

I bought this car last year from one of my clients to race the Local 8 Hour enduro and the 25 hours of Thunderhill.

So I took the car to get completely prepped for the races ahead. It was already a Porsche Club of America PCA race car that was grouped in to GT3-S and SCCA ITE. So as a race car it was very complete and competetive. I had the car setup with a quick fill endurance fuel filling system and a Piaa lighting system thhat could be put on quickly for the night time runs.

In prepping the car we went through the car completely, and added some more performace and reliability items. Most all parts came from Lindsey Racing.

Brand New Light Weight Racing Clutch, Lidsey Racing stainless header, Complete exhaust system, 3" turbo to muffler and 4" back, Godzilla blow off valve, new fuel pressure regulators, new coil, all new wheel bearings, New rotors and Enduro Carbotech brake pads, Rebuilt limited slip rear diff and bearings, Stohr Carbon fiber rear wing center mount all custom, Lidsey motor and transmission mounts. New Water pump and timing belts, and re sealed engine completely, new starter, master cylinders, fuel injection harness, lindesy racing MAF and intake.

It already had the full cup style suspension with adjustable camber plates and full mono ball suspension, sway bars with adjustable ends, brake ducts, newer 996 brake calipers, stainless brake lines, oil cooler, OMP racing seat, we put in new harness belts, Roll cage with 1.5" main hoop and side bars.

I spent about $15k in getting the car ready for the races. But... in the first race in the 6th hour when a new driver got in and miss read the tachometer sticker (with the upgrades and more boost it redlines at 5500 RPM not the 7800 that the tach show, overboosted the motor and blew the head gasket...)

So again we pulled the motor out and I bought a used 951 engine and had it fully rebuilt, all new valves, piston rings, bearings, seals, and racing updates. When we took it apart I found that tha turbo had a bad vane on the intake side so I had it updated to a KKK/Garrett hybrid that has more midrange boost and quicker spooling (it cost $1400). I have not raced the car since it was redone so, it is all fresh.

Just Broke in new engine on Dyno at Loynings Engine Service, 345hp Mild Tune

It also has a fiberglass light hood and front bumper with splitter, AMP transponder with laptimer, sliding seat rails, omp steerign wheel with quick disconnect, oddessy light battery,

The car comes with lots of spares too

Two sets of 18" CCW Wheels ( one set is new never run )

New brake rotors never used

New Fuel pump and filter

New Brake Pads front and rear Carbotech

Brake and Clutch master cylinders

Full set of lug nuts and other hardware

Used Race 951 engine with bad headgasket- I did not take it apart as-is

and more stuff that I am forgetting

Car has PCA logbook and SCCA Logbook

Call me for more information 503 819 9007 Matt or email matt@speedpsorts.net

Link to lots of pictures at photobucket

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/y...l/944%20Turbo/
Attached Images