Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2018 991.2 GT3 Manual, LWB, GT Silver: Looking for driver-grade 964 or 355

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2018 991.2 GT3 Manual, LWB, GT Silver: Looking for driver-grade 964 or 355

Year: 2018
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 4262
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: GT Silver
VIN: WP0AC2A96JS176948
Price (no $ sign please): $157950
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hello Everyone,

I've decided to list my GT3 on Rennlist. I have a race car for the track, to which I'm overly attached. I lack the necessary self control to drive the GT3 at non-arrest-me speeds on the street.

No scratches, scuffs or stories. Notable options include: 3 pedals, lightweight buckets, extended range fuel tank, leather/alcantara dash/interior with platinum stitching, wheels painted in satin platinum. Otherwise, I tried to spec things as light and as close to the original spirit of the GT3 as possible. Frankly, I wish there was a factory, 5-lug, wheel option.

The front clip, headlights, a-pillars, mirrors, and leading portion of the roof were paint corrected and clear wrapped before the car left the dealer. Clear, Euro, LED side-marker lights were installed (originals on hand). Hard wired for Valentine One. Can't prove it, but I did have the necessary self control to follow the recommended break-in procedure. Aligned and corner-balanced. Recent oil change completed at AutoMetrics. Over-rev report in hand and can be emailed (88 range-1 ignitions. 9 range-2 ignitions. 0 range-3+ ignitions). Sorry about the cell-phone-quality pics. Happy to send specific pics to interested parties. Kindly just PM me.

Now the fun part. Potential, partial, trades: Looking for a driver's-grade 964 (must be coupe, manual, 2wd) or a Ferrari 355 (GTB, manual). Assuming straight/no-story, maintained & rust-free, I'm okay with higher mileage examples. I'd like to keep 964 prices in the $50s / 355 prices in the $60s, but it completely depends on the car itself.

I had previously listed this GT3 at a local high-line, boutique, dealer. Owner is a great guy, who will facilitate this sale; aid with title transfer, registration, financing suggestions, transport, etc. If anyone feels more comfortable working through a dealer, please let me know and I can get you in touch (price would increase by approximately $3000 + transport). Otherwise, I'm happy to personally answer any questions. Location is Charleston, SC.

Thanks for looking!
Chip

Last edited by Apex 153; 09-20-2019 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Mileage Update
Old 07-23-2019, 06:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

Beautiful spec, where are all the manual die hards?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:21 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,055 Likes on 669 Posts

Hmmm, I love this opportunity. I even have a 2WD 1991 964 in Guards Red,... except I'd want closer to $115K on the trade (it's a 964 Turbo, & I've owned it for 15 yrs, so its a bit tough to let go of it). Plus, already have a 2010 GT3 in Aqua Blue, and I am just dying to understand the difference between my GT3, and a 991.2 GT3 in Manual. Manual is the only way to go. But my biggest problem is that if, after driving a 991.2 GT3 manual like this for a while, if I decided that I wanted the 964 Turbo back, there are just too few of them to choose from to purchase back. errrg.
.... Plus it appears you've already owned one of those in your past,... and at the price point you want, you are probably really just looking for a NA 964 C2.

I don't think my situation helps you at all. But I definitely believe this car could sell quickly out-right at that price. I would love to own this for a while & really get to know it.

GLWS or Trade!!
=Steve
Old 07-25-2019, 04:15 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Thanks for the compliment Peter!

Hi Steve- Thanks for your post! A 964 Turbo was in fact my first 911 about 15 years ago. Unfortunately, I had no clue what I was doing at the time; early apex'ed, ran out of room, tried to save it (versus going straight off and easing her back on), hit the grass sideways and backed her into a wall at about 55. The engine and gearbox didn't react well... I lost a beautiful car that day, but at least only my ego was hurt. I wish I could reason with my younger self!

I still have a soft spot for 964 Turbos, but you're right; I am looking for a "regular" C2. The goal is to lighten it up a bit, do some suspension work & build a nice 3.8 engine as my own outlaw project. This is why I'm looking for a straight car, that needs some love, versus an investment grade 964. If something changes, we definitely have each other's info.

If I was in your position, I certainly wouldn't mind hanging onto a 997.2 GT3 and a 964 Turbo: Best of both worlds! I'm pretty thrilled with the manual spec on this one. IMO it's the best shifter I've had in a Porsche. The 991.2 GT3 is a much lighter shift than the 997.2 GT3 though. As a whole, the car is insanely fast, capable and comfortable. It just has a different feel. It's feels more nimble than it should at its weight. I assume the rear wheel steering is the game changer. I did briefly consider a Touring, but was sold on the wing once I saw the updated air intakes for the .2. However, had there been a duck-tail option, I would have been all over it. To each their own I guess.

Here's a shot of my 964 back in the day and of my race car, which is obnoxious... ...and insanely fun.

Have a great rest of your week and thanks again for your post!
Chip

Carlos, Chip, Adam @ Moroso '04 (1st DE)

Schlitz #40 / Arista #1

Last edited by Apex 153; 07-25-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:11 PM
faszinated
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hell of a car!!

Your GT3 looks phenomenal!!! I can understand wanting something a little less potent though! 155 on a public road is no good for anyone’s drivers license.

Then again, those old 964 turbos were pretty potent in their own right. You might not be able to help yourself in one of them! I always felt that someone who can drive one of those at 10/10ths can probably drive anything.

Anyways, I have a 1985 Carrera with 300,000 miles but no rust. Its seen some track use... ok A LOT of track use, but the halfshafts were just replaced 10 years ago or so.

It’s not a 964, but I could throw in a pink cashmere sweater if you have interest...
Old 07-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Oh boy... Let the barrage begin. Guess I shouldn't have posted a pic of the original DE misfits. 155 would certainly qualify as arrest-me-speed, but whaaaat? I'll take a pick sweater over a pink 996 with a piston through the crank case! As for that 300K 911 with new half-shafts, would this be the one to which you're referring? Good times at Winterfest that year. Or was it the 48? We need to get the band back together soon!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:04 PM
faszinated
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the car!! What a legendary machine. The only way to make it faster is to put someone else in the drivers’ seat. Someone named Peter, for example... and then bet him a round of drinks that he cannot find 2.5 seconds a lap during his first time out in the car... and then find yourself buying not just a round of drinks, but also some new half shafts���� Good times!!!

For the record, 155mph just sort of ‘happened’ when I last drove a GT3 (not this one, no worries to anyone buying). It was completely irresponsible to do on a public road and I would never go that fast on purpose, but MAN! those new GT cars are just so fast!!! I had no idea I was going that fast until I looked down!! Anyways, just another advantage to the manual, I guess. You don’t go 150mph by accident because you would have to shift and you would notice that you jus pulled 5th gear!!��

Also for the record, that wet sump in the pink Porsche with a ‘crankcase problem’ was definitely a manufacturer’s defect. If the car had been built correctly, it would have had a dry sump and less catastrophic ends.

Lastly for the record, for any of you who do not know the seller, he is impeccable about his cars and is a very diligent driver. You won’t find a nicer gt3. Good luck and god speed.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

For the record... The bet was 2 seconds per lap at Sebring. I didn't have to buy drinks, as the hot shoe racer beat my time by "just" 1.5 seconds. The secret was downshifting to 2nd in an additional two corners. I realized quickly thereafter that 1.5 seconds in a DE wasn't worth the increased wear and tear. Glad all the bets went to to an amazing charity as the bill after that event was an eye opener.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Happy Monday Everyone,

Responded to PMs. Sorry about any delays in follow-up.

Regards,
Chip
Old 08-10-2019, 09:07 AM
dennywags
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I would assume the 9 range 2 over revs were from hitting the rev limiter going slightly down hill.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:55 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately.

Not too many hills in this neck of the woods unfortunately... Planning a trip to NC soon to remedy my curve deficit!

Two possibilities for the range twos:
1) I was a little eager on a downshift to 2nd, but caught it quick.
or
2) I spun the rears going over a metal expansion joint on a nearby entrance ramp.

(9 range-2 ignitions = under 2 hundredths of a second of operating life)
(88 range-1 ignitions = under 2 tenths of a second of operating life)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Cheers, Chip

PS- Still looking for the right 964 (or 355, but not so much).
Old 09-20-2019, 04:33 PM
Apex 153
Intermediate

Bump with a mileage update. Have a great weekend everyone!
Chip

Quick Reply: 2018 991.2 GT3 Manual, LWB, GT Silver: Looking for driver-grade 964 or 355