Notices

ATC

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:21 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default ATC

Finally got tired of towing other peoples used trailers, so with lots of smooth talking, and somehow convincing wifey how the new trailer would benefit her, I got permission to order a brand new 20 Ft. ATC trailer. I love it. I got it from the Becker/Quest/ATC dealer in Las Vegas, Scott Rausch was my sales guy. He has great follow up.

They keep no inventory...everything is a custom order.

Got all the extras delineated in the enclosure.

One nice feature that is N/C, spaced axels, the axels are about a foot further apart than a standard trailer. This makes for smooth towing...don't think I need a weight distribution hitch....towed in some strong wind in the Mojave Desert...the only time it felt a little jiggy was with a big tail wind.

Would I buy another? In a heartbeat.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Becker Pics.pdf (2.40 MB, 194 views)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Trailers of the East Coast
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATC makes a fantastic trailer, we've been a dealer for them for just over 10 years. Glad to see you took advantage of the escape door option, it's been a big one for my customers. We also get lots of compliments on the spread axle configuration in regards to stability and more flexibility with load placement.

What are you towing with?
Old 07-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trailers of the East Coast
ATC makes a fantastic trailer, we've been a dealer for them for just over 10 years. Glad to see you took advantage of the escape door option, it's been a big one for my customers. We also get lots of compliments on the spread axle configuration in regards to stability and more flexibility with load placement.What are you towing with?
I have a friend with a Featherlite of similar length...we paid about the same for our trailers. I feel sorry for him, with no escape door, no spread axels and no detailed finish on the interior such as I have on my ATC.

This build on this trailer is so well done, it's nearly beyond description. World Class? Indeed. The Best of the Best in my opinion, sort of a Rolex on four (4) wheels.

I am towing with a 2006 Tundra. Towing this with a 3,000 Lb car is effortless. I did use a hitch scale to get the car placement just right...have 600 Lbs on the tongue.

Once I saw the Escape Door on the Becker web site, that was it. I had to have one. It eliminate one of the major hassles, one that drove me in the past, to buying two (2) open trailers earlier, a Featherlite and a Trailex, that is...getting in and out of the car. In addition, no pesky ramps to deal with...and no opportunities to throw out my back pulling dealing with ramps loading and unloading....and no "tightroping walking" driving up and down those ramps, especially the narrow ramps on the Trailex. I never had an incident but it was always on my mind.

I didn't realize the benefits of the spread axel until i starting using the trailer. As mentioned above, I towed across the desert with some major cross winds, as well as not having to worry that an oncoming semi was going to upset the trailer. It just didn't happen.

It was easier to make the decision for the ATC/Becker/Quest being that the Trailex dealer wouldn't return my calls. That wasn't the case with Scott at Becker, Las Vegas. Incredible service.

Just like one wouldn't shop around asking, "How much for bypass surgery?" The cost of the trailer should not be a major concern, in that it provides so much value for the investment. The only scary thing for me, my dealer doesn't carry any inventory. I bought the ATC sight unseen. The Escape Door looked good on paper, but in person, OMG, incredible.

Am I pleased...you know it.
Attached Images  
Old 07-15-2016, 11:07 AM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking to upgrade to an ATC
Old 07-15-2016, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tasracer
I'm looking to upgrade to an ATC
PM me and let me know what you're looking for -- I've got plenty of ATCs in stock and capability to order anything you need.

- Matt @ TOEC

Old 07-15-2016, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor

Martin,

Glad to hear you're satisfied with it -- I like getting out there and getting real world feedback on the product, helps me take care of folks better. If you're ever on the east coast and need any help with your trailer, feel free to give me a shout!

- Matt @ TOEC
Old 07-15-2016, 01:42 PM
tasracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Website?
Old 07-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tasracer
Website?
www.trailerseast.com

- Matt @ TOEC
Old 07-15-2016, 02:45 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Hey Trailers of the East coast, have a question for you: I have a Quest 305 24' and am looking to add some things to the wall (maybe a gas can holder and a rack to store the car tie downs etc.) How can I determine the location of the vertical beams to screw into? Also should I just use sheet metal screws, or is there any way to through bolt? Mollys?
Old 07-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jlanka
Hey Trailers of the East coast, have a question for you: I have a Quest 305 24' and am looking to add some things to the wall (maybe a gas can holder and a rack to store the car tie downs etc.) How can I determine the location of the vertical beams to screw into? Also should I just use sheet metal screws, or is there any way to through bolt? Mollys?
Your Quest trailer should have 16" on center sidewall posts unless it was custom ordered with nonstandard specs.

The vertical seams on the interior aluminum walls in a 305 will typically fall on a post -- if you work your way over 16" from those seams you should find another post by tapping on the wall with your finger. It will sound hollow in the cavities and solid when you hit a post, just like finding a stud in a wall in your home. Repeat as necessary.

For things like gas can holders and strap hangers, we typically use a self drilling/self tapping sheet metal screw. 3/4" should be long enough to get through the aluminum and into the post without worrying about piercing the exterior skin, but make sure you take into account the thickness of the accessory -- the wall tubing is about an inch thick from interior to exterior wall.

For larger accessories such as tire racks or spare tire hangers, a molly bolt or nutsert inserted into the wall post would be more suitable due to the load.

- Matt @ TOEC
Old 07-15-2016, 04:48 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Your Quest trailer should have 16" on center sidewall posts unless it was custom ordered with nonstandard specs.

The vertical seams on the interior aluminum walls in a 305 will typically fall on a post -- if you work your way over 16" from those seams you should find another post by tapping on the wall with your finger. It will sound hollow in the cavities and solid when you hit a post, just like finding a stud in a wall in your home. Repeat as necessary.

For things like gas can holders and strap hangers, we typically use a self drilling/self tapping sheet metal screw. 3/4" should be long enough to get through the aluminum and into the post without worrying about piercing the exterior skin, but make sure you take into account the thickness of the accessory -- the wall tubing is about an inch thick from interior to exterior wall.

For larger accessories such as tire racks or spare tire hangers, a molly bolt or nutsert inserted into the wall post would be more suitable due to the load.

- Matt @ TOEC

Excellent info, appreciate it. Follow up questions:

1) What is the width of the vertical seams?

2) What is the depth of the vertical seam, in order to figure out what sort of molly to use?

Again, thanks in advance

Jeff Lanka
Old 07-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Martin,
Glad to hear you're satisfied with it -- I like getting out there and getting real world feedback on the product, helps me take care of folks better. If you're ever on the east coast and need any help with your trailer, feel free to give me a shout!
- Matt @ TOEC
No way of me EVER getting to the East Coast with my trailer...too damn far. Feel free to use my post as a testimonial. Selling those railers should be as easy as _________(Fill in the blank)
Old 07-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor

If memory serves me correctly, the seams overlap approximately 1" on each sheet. The interior sheets are .030" thick with a strip of 3M VHB tape between them and the posts. On the seams you will have two sheets and two strips of tape to punch through but the thickness when added shouldn't be much more than .250".

Let me know if this answers your questions.

- Matt @ TOEC
Old 07-15-2016, 05:16 PM
jlanka
Drifting

If memory serves me correctly, the seams overlap approximately 1" on each sheet. The interior sheets are .030" thick with a strip of 3M VHB tape between them and the posts. On the seams you will have two sheets and two strips of tape to punch through but the thickness when added shouldn't be much more than .250".

Let me know if this answers your questions.

- Matt @ TOEC

I used the wrong word. I meant to ask what the width and depth of the vertical posts is.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jlanka

I used the wrong word. I meant to ask what the width and depth of the vertical posts is.
No worries! The standard dimensions are 1" x 1.5" on the wall post tubing. The depth will be 1" and the width will be 1.5" looking at the wall.

- Matt @ TOEC

Quick Reply: ATC