Notices

Some Trailer Love

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2020 | 11:02 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Some Trailer Love

Back in February, when "things" were normal, I made a sweet deal on a new Bravo, Star Aluminum 24' enclosed trailer. Nice features, spread axles, "new" style escape door with removable fender liner, cabinets.... and the build quality is significantly better than my old CargoPro Stealth 24' aluminum trailer. I rented a (brand new) diesel, Ford F350, 4 door, long bed. Compared to my Ram 1500, with a Hemi, this baby towed like a freight train! Yes, the trailer was empty, but the fuel mileage was 15 +. Picked up the trailer in Bowling Green, Kentucky and busted a move back here, right before we got 3 successive ice/snow storms. Needless to say, I've needed to wait for the crap to melt before I could get in and "tidy up" a bit. Yesterday, was pretty nice around here. Sunny, almost warm, so I decided to show the trailer and accessories some love. I took the "stuff" out of the garage (including Nespresso maker!) and organized the trailer a bit. All my tie downs got WD40'd. Just have to get the additional ramps built and installed and I should be all set, this way I can simply drive into the trailer (last one had a winch, hopefully, not this time).

I am hoping that by June, it will be safe to go back out in the wild and we'll have a driving season, albeit a shortened one.
The following users liked this post:
Manda Racing (04-15-2020)
Old 04-02-2020 | 06:09 PM
dave-C2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking good, Scott.
In a pinch you tow it empty with your Q7, if it has the tow package.
Although they aren't well known, based on recommendations from some dealers the Bravo trailers offer good value and good construction.
FWIW I was looking at 20ft V nose trailers and the Bravo trailers are heavier than a comparable ATC Quest but lighter than InTech.
Old 04-03-2020 | 09:58 AM
SWK6Cup

^ @ Dave C-2 Thank you!

Unfortunately, the Audi does not have the tow package. So far, based solely on a visual, I am pleased with what I see.
Old 04-05-2020 | 10:40 PM
jmrdmd
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 65 Posts

Beautiful trailer! Best of luck with it! I picked up a new Intech 24’ in January. I’m going to go pull it around this week so the tires don’t flat spot! Sorry about the sideways pic.

Best

Jan

Old 04-06-2020 | 08:49 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,532 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Nothing better than spending some time tricking out your trailer! I have a 12 year old Pace 27 foot steel enclosed trailer. Behind my Ford F350 diesel is tows like it is't even there. Thanks to hitting a boulder I have two new axles so everything that rolls is brand new.

Last time I used it was last fall - hoping things get normal so it can roll soon.
Old 04-06-2020 | 09:50 AM
SWK6Cup

@Jan: enjoy the new trailer....hopefully, we get to use it this year.......
@ Luigi! Hi Buddy! Been a while, scary this Covid-19 thing. How did you hit a boulder? Where you 4 wheelin' with your F350 and trailer? Looking forward to seeing everyone, catching up, driving, enjoying a cigar, or two!

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane!
Old 04-06-2020 | 01:17 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,532 Likes on 1,981 Posts

Originally Posted by SWK6Cup
@Jan: enjoy the new trailer....hopefully, we get to use it this year.......
@ Luigi! Hi Buddy! Been a while, scary this Covid-19 thing. How did you hit a boulder? Where you 4 wheelin' with your F350 and trailer? Looking forward to seeing everyone, catching up, driving, enjoying a cigar, or two!

Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane!

I was using my trailer as a moving van a couple of years ago, patting myself on the back that I was saving money, when I guy comes around the corner in the middle of the road, and forces me tight to the apex where there was a boulder. I was going maybe 25mph and the impact caused the leading cast aluminum wheel to explode, shifted both axles, and left a gash down the side of the trailer. In retrospect it would have been cheaper to have a moving company move everything two or three times after I got the trailer repair bill.

Weather is nicer and been outside with a stoogie, bourbon and a nice fire the last two nights.

Hope you are well and that we can swap some smokes at the track soon!
Old 04-07-2020 | 10:26 AM
SWK6Cup

Ouch! Bummer, that it always seems to wind up costing more, for whatever reason.

Been trying to keep busy around the property. Cleaning up all the downed trees and branches, some lawn stuff, too. Enjoying the outdoors in the woods, with a good stick! Looking forward to seeing you, in the near future!

I am hoping my car comes home this week. Had the motor completely refreshed over the winter. It has been a long time since she was here. This will also give me a chance to really try to spruce her up, clean her and give her a shot of wax......a good day or two of fun activities, with a stick, of course!
The following users liked this post:
LuigiVampa (04-09-2020)
Old 04-07-2020 | 11:09 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Good idea!

Originally Posted by jmrdmd
Beautiful trailer! Best of luck with it! I picked up a new Intech 24’ in January. I’m going to go pull it around this week so the tires don’t flat spot! Sorry about the sideways pic.

Best

Jan

I am going to hook mine up and drive a little today....cure a little boredom.

Old 04-08-2020 | 09:49 AM
SWK6Cup

Enjoy the tow!

Quick Reply: Some Trailer Love