Notices

f250 platnum black - hot interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018 | 07:44 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default f250 platnum black - hot interior

Picked up a new platinum last month. Black on Black. Man is the interior hot. During the winter, I'm having to blast the AC. all the black off the dash just radiates the sun. I hate to see what this thing is like during the summer. I'm concerned I might have to trade it in for a white one.

anyone else have that problem?
Old 12-12-2018 | 08:41 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 105 Posts

Granted mine is white, but I haven’t noticed that it’s hotter than anything else in the summer. Get some ceramic tint and make good use of those AC seats!
Old 12-12-2018 | 10:16 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Where do you live that the truck is painfully baking even in winter?
You can use one of those silver reflecting windshield covers. I'm too lazy and impatient with folding them to bother, but plenty do.

I have a black on Black 2500. It isn't a problem. At the track I usually keep the window cracked anyway.

If you have a Platinum, you should have remote start like my Black on Black Ram 2500 Laramie. A blessing - especially in winter.
Either way, you can fire it up and let the A/C or heater do its thing. If you have a diesel - it is kinder to let the engine warm up at least a little before driving anyway.

I've had other Black on Black vehicles. Sure gets hot in the summer. A minute or too of blasting A/C fixes that.
Old 12-13-2018 | 01:34 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Try using the xpel tint or any of the other ceramics on the windshield, it blocks almost all of the UV and heat. I've started adding it to all windshields and glass roofs, and I can barely tell its on.
Old 12-13-2018 | 03:49 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Try using the xpel tint or any of the other ceramics on the windshield, it blocks almost all of the UV and heat. I've started adding it to all windshields and glass roofs, and I can barely tell its on.
I'm in Texas and this is my first new vehicle in a long time. I did schedule an appointment with a tint shop to get a good ceramic tint put on. They said in texas its legal to even put clear tint (uv and head block) on the front windshield. Was just super surprised how warm this thing is inside.
Old 12-14-2018 | 11:26 AM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got a black on black F-250 crew cab and while it does get warm in the summer time, it's not any warmer than my other lighter color cars.

Now, I did notice a big difference after I got the front doors windows tinted.

Also, remember that you've got a BIG dashboard now. so you've got lots of area for the sun to heat soak it. You'll find out the cooled seat will be your best friend
Old 12-15-2018 | 06:52 PM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In AZ some of us tint all of the windows including the windshield (very light tint) with 3M Chrystalline which is very effective at blocking heat and UV. I was a bit skeptical that this was really effective so I measured the interior temp of my car fully tinted with a buddies (same car, similar color) with regular cheap dealer tint and nothing on the windshield. On a 115 degree day my car was 32 degrees cooler. Additionally you get the health benefit of less UV rays hitting your skin.
Old 12-16-2018 | 05:53 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 129 Posts

Window shade - I have one works perfectly for this

Quick Reply: f250 platnum black - hot interior