Notices

22' vs 24' ATC or InTech trailer

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 10:40 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
I have a custom 22 ATC...will be at COTA with PCA in a few weeks if you want to see it and try loading into it. It will be for sale when my liftgate is done sometime in the next 12 months. Gen set, AC, cabinets, multiple in floor boxes, fuel tank, winch, dual side doors, escape door.....all options.
Thanks for the offer! I needed to get something in motion in time for some of the car shows/events this summer. I ended up custom ordering an ATC in 22 foot. It is a Quest 405, but I am doing a lot of customizing. Deleted base cabinets to leave a true 22 foot box (so like a 24 foot with base cabinets). Kept upper cabinets in front, and added same over the passenger side wheel well. Full escape door. Carpeted half walls, E-track and A-track everywhere, insulated, pre-wired for A/C. Compartments in floor for tire, battery, etc. Recessed motorcycle wheel chocks, lots of extra LED lights, upgraded axles and wheels (Alcoa 16 inches), etc. etc. etc. Pick up 6/29.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:00 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

lol i have a 20, then 24, the 342 then 34 then 36 then 48
i dont carry tools and usually only one cars.
but i dont like to pack.
with big trailers, i TRULY just shove throw dump stuff into it. i have a good friend with 24' all his stuff fit in it, but must load in a particular order.
i come off track HOT, straight into triailer then shove throw dump stuff in, in 15 mins i am on the fwy home.
NOT kidding, i have many witnesses watching me doing that.

i know you are not using yours for track, but you will have more things than you think.
i have known no one who had a big trailer and voluntarily choose to go smaller.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:19 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
lol i have a 20, then 24, the 342 then 34 then 36 then 48
i dont carry tools and usually only one cars.
but i dont like to pack.
with big trailers, i TRULY just shove throw dump stuff into it. i have a good friend with 24' all his stuff fit in it, but must load in a particular order.
i come off track HOT, straight into triailer then shove throw dump stuff in, in 15 mins i am on the fwy home.
NOT kidding, i have many witnesses watching me doing that.

i know you are not using yours for track, but you will have more things than you think.
i have known no one who had a big trailer and voluntarily choose to go smaller.
now you know one... 24 ft enclosed down to 22 ft enclosed
Old 06-08-2018, 12:44 AM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
I have a custom 22 ATC...will be at COTA with PCA in a few weeks if you want to see it and try loading into it. It will be for sale when my liftgate is done sometime in the next 12 months. Gen set, AC, cabinets, multiple in floor boxes, fuel tank, winch, dual side doors, escape door.....all options.
do you have the lower cabinets? any pics?

22' trailers seem to be a rare bird. Which is odd because when I do the measurements it seems like plenty of space. The front and rear tie down points on my 18' flatbed trailer are 15' apart.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:09 AM
lmnsblu355
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
do you have the lower cabinets? any pics?

22' trailers seem to be a rare bird. Which is odd because when I do the measurements it seems like plenty of space. The front and rear tie down points on my 18' flatbed trailer are 15' apart.
The difference btwn the 22 and 24 ft ATC is one foot in front of the axles and one foot behind. You will only notice the one foot difference in front of the car. With lower cabinets, you may feel a little tight if going into the trailer with the car loaded up.
Pic attached is my ATC 24 with car pulled forward enough to bring tongue weight up to 700 lbs. In a 22, the nose of the car would be 1 foot closer to the front of the trailer. This is more of an issue with rear/ mid engine. Front engine car would be much closer to back of trailer.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:45 AM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for the photo! That seems like tons of room to me. I don't really have any need for room in the trailer when the car is loaded. Just enough to make sure I can comfortably secure it. When we get to the track we unload trailer first thing to secure the parking space anyway.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:33 AM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I did the Intech 22' box with the full 4' V-nose and the V-nose cabinets. Awesome trailer extremely well made and looks great. I like the extruded floor for longevity and cleanup. Little hard on the knees though!!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:43 AM
jrbkarter
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mikew968
I did the Intech 22' box with the full 4' V-nose and the V-nose cabinets. Awesome trailer extremely well made and looks great. I like the extruded floor for longevity and cleanup. Little hard on the knees though!!
That is my only major complaint as well, you really don't want to be down on your knees in shorts on that deck for very long. Does make sweeping the trailer our after every event nice and easy though!

Quick Reply: 22' vs 24' ATC or InTech trailer