Notices

ATC Trailer - Bad Customer Service, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017 | 10:25 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 962 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgarvish
I love this forum as there is always helpful information being shared. Thanks to everyone for all of the helpful input. I especially liked the video that ShakeNBake included. I sure don't want that to happen!

All that said, I understand from my salesman that ATC has acknowledged that they messed this up and are currently working with their engineers to redesign the trailer to get the tongue weight down per our discussions.

Also, just to be clear I have a Ford F250 to tow the trailer when it is loaded but for various reasons I need one of the SUVs to tow it when it's largely empty and that is something that was discussed in agonizing detail throughout the design process.

One other option I've been considering is a weight distributing hitch. If ATC can get the tongue weight down to 750 lbs and then I use a weight distributing hitch that should work, right? Anyone's thoughts on that would be much appreciated.
I knew you had a plan!

You need to hold those guys accountable. They should be able to give you a trailer that is perfectly balanced empty.
Old 11-27-2017 | 08:08 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts

The OP stated he does not own a GT4 anymore
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'll requote myself so you can see that I've already acknowledged agreement with your points and moved past them to the real matter at hand -- how to get his GT4 to the track. ... Cheers!
Old 11-27-2017 | 03:19 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 900 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgarvish
One other option I've been considering is a weight distributing hitch. If ATC can get the tongue weight down to 750 lbs and then I use a weight distributing hitch that should work, right? Anyone's thoughts on that would be much appreciated.
My SUV (Q7) owners manual specifically states that a weight distribution hitch is not recommended so I would check with the owners manual of your SUV. Also, I have yet to see a car/truck where the max allowable tongue weigh is different with or without a weight distribution hitch.

Quick Reply: ATC Trailer - Bad Customer Service, Please Help!