Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your opinions on warranty coverage

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023 | 01:51 PM
YHC
Instructor

I thought about leaving them as they are, or have dealer just replace the bracket. But, I am not sure if they are willing to do that and, even if theydo, they may make excuse for that if front bumpers fittment don't come out perfect. What do you think?
The following users liked this post:
CTB (11-14-2023)
Old 12-01-2023 | 06:04 PM
YHC
Instructor

Here are updates,
I talked to a tech about leaving them as they are, but he said that when it's pressurized to add freon, it could starts to leak. Even if it holds, it's going to fail sooner or later.
I knew that it will most likely be fine, but I went ahead with repairs since I was getting so sick of the whole thing.
PCNA didn't even bothered to do anything but to go with what dealer was telling them.
When all works were done after 5 weeks, there was an another issue of high voltage converter failure which was replaced under warranty.
When I received an invoice, I noticed that the parts prices were a lot higher than other dealers' online pricing.
I was quoted a total of $3740, and the parts were $2700 which was supposedly be wholesale pricing as if they were doing me a favor.
When I asked them to, at least, match the price of other dealers on parts, I was told that they discounted the labor cost to make up the differences in parts???

Moreover, initially, I was told that condenser and radiator are all one unit, but they are not.
When I asked for an explanation, I was told that the same bracket holds the condenser and radiator fan, thus they are all one unit.
However, there was no explanation for condenser on the driver side which wasn't damaged, and I was charged for two condensers???
I wouldn't mind paying for higher repair cost for Porsche if that's justifiable, even with added cost of driving a Porsche. If not, I will simply not buy a Porsche.
I am so disappointed and not happy with Porsche customer support and dealership experiences, although I still like a Porsche car.
I may be old, but I miss the time when a simple handshake meant something that could go a long way.

Also, I had a Taycan loaner with just 3000 miles, when I checked undercover below the bumper, it had a lot more and deeper scratches than mine.
I guess I will never know what really caused the damage on mine.

Finally, this message came up on PCM as I was driving home from dealership,
'Fast charging is no longer possible. Changing the on-board DC charger recommended'
Does anyone know what this is?
Do I need to replace the 150KW/400V DC Charger?
For members in SoCal, is there any dealership that you're happy with? (from Beverly Hills to Irvine)
Old 12-02-2023 | 12:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YHC
Here are updates,
I talked to a tech about leaving them as they are, but he said that when it's pressurized to add freon, it could starts to leak. Even if it holds, it's going to fail sooner or later.
I knew that it will most likely be fine, but I went ahead with repairs since I was getting so sick of the whole thing.
PCNA didn't even bothered to do anything but to go with what dealer was telling them.
When all works were done after 5 weeks, there was an another issue of high voltage converter failure which was replaced under warranty.
When I received an invoice, I noticed that the parts prices were a lot higher than other dealers' online pricing.
I was quoted a total of $3740, and the parts were $2700 which was supposedly be wholesale pricing as if they were doing me a favor.
When I asked them to, at least, match the price of other dealers on parts, I was told that they discounted the labor cost to make up the differences in parts???

Moreover, initially, I was told that condenser and radiator are all one unit, but they are not.
When I asked for an explanation, I was told that the same bracket holds the condenser and radiator fan, thus they are all one unit.
However, there was no explanation for condenser on the driver side which wasn't damaged, and I was charged for two condensers???
I wouldn't mind paying for higher repair cost for Porsche if that's justifiable, even with added cost of driving a Porsche. If not, I will simply not buy a Porsche.
I am so disappointed and not happy with Porsche customer support and dealership experiences, although I still like a Porsche car.
I may be old, but I miss the time when a simple handshake meant something that could go a long way.

Also, I had a Taycan loaner with just 3000 miles, when I checked undercover below the bumper, it had a lot more and deeper scratches than mine.
I guess I will never know what really caused the damage on mine.

Finally, this message came up on PCM as I was driving home from dealership,
'Fast charging is no longer possible. Changing the on-board DC charger recommended'
Does anyone know what this is?
Do I need to replace the 150KW/400V DC Charger?
For members in SoCal, is there any dealership that you're happy with? (from Beverly Hills to Irvine)
Long Beach is a good service dealer.
The following users liked this post:
YHC (12-02-2023)

Quick Reply: Need your opinions on warranty coverage