Sponsored by:

Energy Efficiency CT4s vs Tesla Model S

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 05:37 AM
PickledRamps
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by earl pottinger
Are you letting your emotions about Elon colour your opinions.

If the cars were so bad, they would not be selling. The other EVs are already out there and people still buy Tesla cars.

As for openning the charger network, did you have the strange idea that charging would be free for non-Tesla cars?

No, the money coming in from people who want a charger that that works when they arrive at one they never being to before, ensures Tesla is going to make tons of money from it's chargers.

Think razor blades. It does not matter if you make the razor or not, as long as you can sell blades for the life of the customer.

Earl Colby Pottinger (BEV Lover)
I recognize that Porsche is a superior product to Tesla. And that is coming from someone who is actually quite happy with my 2020 Model S. However, the newest Model S feels 80% as good as a Taycan with 2x the convenience. And with the latest price reductions, a compelling value proposition, if one can consider 100k for a car "value". Reportedly a new brake package is coming for the Model S as well. Of course, Porsche never competed on price, and I have had endless frustration with Tesla Customer Service; one cannot contact the company to resolve even the simplest of issues. As with everything, pros-and-cons
The following users liked this post:
earl pottinger (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023, 05:51 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,887 Posts

Originally Posted by PickledRamps
I recall reading somewhere that Porsche either has an app or is developing an app that allows one to activate charge at the various networks outside of EA and then somehow consolidates the billing. Is that true?
Yes, Porsche has developed an app called "Porsche Charging Service" which allows users to charge their electric vehicles at various charging networks, including networks outside of Electrify America (EA). The app consolidates billing for all the charging sessions into a single invoice, making it easier for users to keep track of their charging expenses. The Porsche Charging Service app is available for Porsche owners in selected regions.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:40 AM
PickledRamps
Track Day

This is how people who troll a forum to try and cause conflict usually act.

Also you have not followed up with any further details that would have us believe you are even interested in answers, it looks like someone just trying to have fun of others.

I really have no idea what you are talking about. One cannot just "listen"? A constant barrage of opinion is required? And what is it that is "fun" here?
Old 02-04-2023, 05:52 PM
earl pottinger
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Yes. you can

I really have no idea what you are talking about. One cannot just "listen"? A constant barrage of opinion is required? And what is it that is "fun" here?
You can just listen, I did for months before posting. But if you just post and then no-one see nothing from you later, you are acting the same way as a person trolling a forum and since no-one hears anything else from you that is what they will assume. Because there are so many people who are just trolls.

Let's put this a different way, you are talking with some friends. Suddenly a stranger comes to your group and asks a question, then steps back and does NOTHING to indicate they listened to any answers. They say nothing, they respond to no-one, they do not even have a facial expression you can see, what do you think of them?

Old 02-04-2023, 06:17 PM
PickledRamps
Track Day

You can just listen, I did for months before posting. But if you just post and then no-one see nothing from you later, you are acting the same way as a person trolling a forum and since no-one hears anything else from you that is what they will assume. Because there are so many people who are just trolls.

Let's put this a different way, you are talking with some friends. Suddenly a stranger comes to your group and asks a question, then steps back and does NOTHING to indicate they listened to any answers. They say nothing, they respond to no-one, they do not even have a facial expression you can see, what do you think of them?

Nothing. I would think nothing at all. Because I don't feel the need to make conclusions and judgements with nearly no information, which appears to be a prerequisite for online discussion. This has been an unpleasant experience, to put it mildly.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:22 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,887 Posts

Nothing. I would think nothing at all. Because I don't feel the need to make conclusions and judgements with nearly no information, which appears to be a prerequisite for online discussion. This has been an unpleasant experience, to put it mildly.
great then what are you doing here?
Old 02-04-2023, 07:03 PM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

nothing of value being posted, thread is closed

Quick Reply: Energy Efficiency CT4s vs Tesla Model S