Taycan Allocations / Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 01:30 AM
Xec
Instructor

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Taycan Allocations / Pricing

Hey all,

Dad is in the market for a new Taycan. What’s the situation on these nowadays? Two of my local dealers seemed eager to take an order. Dare I ask if discounts exist like Macans?
Old 12-22-2022, 09:43 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

they are eager to take a deposit!

i think msrp is norm.
Old 12-22-2022, 10:39 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Xec
Hey all,

Dad is in the market for a new Taycan. What’s the situation on these nowadays? Two of my local dealers seemed eager to take an order. Dare I ask if discounts exist like Macans?
Yep… they want your deposit. Delivery maybe November 2023. Been there, didn’t do that.
My suggestion is look for existing stock. Might not get exactly what you want. With Porsche everything is an expensive option, from # of motors to emblem on tire valve caps. Don’t know anyone doing less than MSRP, I don’t blame dealerships, considering the supply limitations.
Some dealers charge MSRP+ $999 for various document fees. Others outright try to rob you with DMU (dealer mark up) or some other acronym $10k up to maximum pain threshold.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:53 PM
zmah
Advanced

Received 269 Likes on 42 Posts

I put in demand orders (no deposit) beginning of April with 2 dealers. I finally received my allocation today from a high volume dealer in a nearby major metro south east city, Late Feb freeze date, est mid May delivery. MSRP
Old 12-23-2022, 12:41 AM
StuM
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

My dealer gets a few in periodically and they seem to sell rapidly. They talk of an asking +$10k ADM, but do hint at wiggle room for prior customers. They do load up their lot cars with options, though, so buyers can get hooked with unwanted, costly options, They also say they’ll gladly accept a customer spec’ed order, without deposit until build date in locked in and to be delivered/sold at whatever the MSRP is at the time of delivery. (Here in Ca, they can’t legally keep a deposit regardless of cause) They do project roughly a one year wait for ordered cars…..with a wink!
Old 12-24-2022, 06:53 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by zmah
..I put in demand orders (no deposit). …MSRP
No deposit order and MSRP? You lead a charmed life. My dealership $5k deposit and $10k above MSRP. Supply and demand x 3; i.e., shortage, demand, and only dealer in 500+ miles
Old 12-24-2022, 02:31 PM
inkatouring
Three Wheelin'

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm canceling a CT4 allotment from a dealer in the southeast that locks in January because my local dealer (west coast) got me an allotment at around the same time. Both required refundable $5k deposit and are MSRP. I can put you in contact with the southeast dealer if you're interested.

A little back ground that may be helpful: I was put on my local dealer's list in April and he thought it would be a year to 18 months. About a month or two I found the southeast allotment and asked my local guy if he could match; he said no but had a CT GTS build for MSRP (I passed on that because the GTS, although more attractive to me, wasn't worth $25k more). I went forward with the southeast dealer but my local guy got the current allotment, which is about the same build date. I went local because, well, local. In talking with my local guy he let me know that folks on the list have been dropping off when the allotments become available, largely due to the layoffs in the tech industry (local dealer=silicon valley). The southeast allotment was available, I think, because the area where that dealer is located doesn't have the same sort of demand (at least for electric cars) as larger metro areas. Point being, dealers in different locales are facing different markets and you might be able to take advantage of that.....
The following users liked this post:
rennandstimpy (01-01-2023)
Old 12-25-2022, 12:13 AM
zmah
Advanced

Received 269 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
No deposit order and MSRP? You lead a charmed life. My dealership $5k deposit and $10k above MSRP. Supply and demand x 3; i.e., shortage, demand, and only dealer in 500+ miles
For clarification, no deposit to put in the demand orders

only once i actually received the allocation (8 months later in this case), I paid a $2500 deposit
Old 12-27-2022, 03:04 PM
gekko4711
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered a Taycan GTS in November of 2021. In November of 2022, I got impatient and bought a GTS that closely matched my spec. The GTS that I ordered just arrived at the port, and I will take delivery this year, so I will look to sell the GTS that I have now (since I certainly do not need 2 of them).

The GTS I will sell is mint has about 5,400 miles, is black over grey, has a CPO for Porsche, PPF, ceramic and tint. Only looking to get out of it what I paid. PM me if you are interested, and I will send specs.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:06 AM
JChen
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Should be no discounts but order for MSRP. Would look around to see if there's any existing stock instead of the long wait.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:24 PM
gekko4711
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Last I talked to my dealers; they were 12-14 months out. There is some pre-owned stock showing up in all models. I looked for a long time and could not find any new stock in a build that I liked.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:44 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gekko4711
Last I talked to my dealers; they were 12-14 months out. There is some pre-owned stock showing up in all models. I looked for a long time and could not find any new stock in a build that I liked.
Exactly what I did. Mine doesn’t have ALL the specifications I wanted, pre wire DashCam, variable light sunroof. But has the specs which were deal breakers. I was not going to give $5k deposit for an item I may (or may not) receive in one year.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (01-01-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 09:02 AM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

A lot depends on where you live. Allocation is now broken down by model variant with sedan and “Turismo” combined, except for RWD and 4CT as they are unique. So, when you ask your SA about allocation it will depend on which variant, RWD, 4CT, 4S/CT, GTS/ST, T/CT, TS/CT. Note: There are NO GTS allocations available pretty much anywhere unless someone backs out. The rest are pretty much available but at varying quantities by variant.

I sat down with my SA last Thursday (12/29) and placed an order for a 4SCT March build. At the time they had 7 4S/CT allocations, 2 in Jan, 3 in Feb and 2 in March. Jan and Feb were configured, Jan had locked. 1 of the Feb slots was available and changeable, the 2 March allocations were available and un-configured, I took one of those.

Orders at MSRP with no deposit required as I am a multiple repeat customer and will be consigning my 718 Spyder with them in Feb. “Walk Ins” off the street do require a deposit but for the most part can get an allocation. A referral from an existing customer will get preference.

The dealer is Porsche Jacksonville (FL), PM me and I will give you my SA contact and let him know I referred you.
The following 2 users liked this post by mjw930:
Dr. G7 (01-04-2023), GSchaefer (12-11-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 09:49 AM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mjw930

The dealer is Porsche Jacksonville (FL), PM me and I will give you my SA contact and let him know I referred you.
Porsche Jacksonville you say? Hummm

I sent you a PM
Old 01-12-2023, 11:11 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

We have available Taycan allocations at MSRP if anyone is interested lmk

Quick Reply: Taycan Allocations / Pricing