Sponsored by:

Ready for Pickup!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 06:27 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,115 Posts
Default Ready for Pickup!

Thanks @C.J. Ichiban and Porsche Fresno for the seamless experience!
looking forward to getting it in a couple days.

The following 15 users liked this post by Spyerx:
abatis (01-11-2022), AlexCeres (01-11-2022), Der-Schwabe (01-13-2022), freqflyer (01-24-2022), GoTexas (01-12-2022), itrsteve (01-14-2022), mdrobc1213 (01-24-2022), mikes70 (01-13-2022), mrcarlo (01-12-2022), n2cars (01-11-2022), Needsdecaf (01-12-2022), PierreTT (01-14-2022), seanhaus (01-26-2022), whiz944 (01-12-2022), Wrtflyr (01-13-2022) and 10 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-11-2022, 08:15 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

U will soon forget about ur ice cars

My wifes ct4 is pretty much perfect do all car

Debating selling my turbo s for another
The following users liked this post:
Spyerx (01-12-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 09:53 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Izzone
U will soon forget about ur ice cars

My wifes ct4 is pretty much perfect do all car

Debating selling my turbo s for another

this is good to hear. Won’t be ditching my smelly antiques anytime soon…. I’ve been without a daily for over a year. Needed something. Wife loves her macan. More the size/drive is good for her.
i can see her commandeering this. She wants a macan ev. This seemed like a good utility all
rounder daily. “Free” fuel (Solar and via ea) and a 2 yr service interval are super attractive!
Needsdecaf (01-12-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 11:18 PM
abatis
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a 2021 Gentian Blue CT and love it. This weekend I picked up 5 x 50lb bags of animal feed and $500+ of groceries. Just two modest bottles of vino so the rest was bulky bags. All fit with the seats folded down. Sure my Cayenne would have been more practical especially with the snow tires on it. But not as fun to drive as the CT. I also had to drive down 1.3 miles of pure ice road to get from my house to the highway. I took it easy but had no slippage with the 4S tires. You will enjoy your new beautiful machine!

Last edited by abatis; 01-11-2022 at 11:52 PM. Reason: update info
The following 2 users liked this post by abatis:
mdrobc1213 (01-24-2022), Spyerx (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 10:40 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
this is good to hear. Won’t be ditching my smelly antiques anytime soon…. I’ve been without a daily for over a year. Needed something. Wife loves her macan. More the size/drive is good for her.
i can see her commandeering this. She wants a macan ev. This seemed like a good utility all
rounder daily. “Free” fuel (Solar and via ea) and a 2 yr service interval are super attractive!
Awesome spec!

Looking forward to hearing your comments regarding practicality of the Taycan CT vs. the Macan. I'm trying to figure out if it's practical enough to replace my wife's 958 Cayenne or if we need to go something bigger, like wait for the Macan EV or close my eyes and buy a BMW iX.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:56 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Awesome spec!

Looking forward to hearing your comments regarding practicality of the Taycan CT vs. the Macan. I'm trying to figure out if it's practical enough to replace my wife's 958 Cayenne or if we need to go something bigger, like wait for the Macan EV or close my eyes and buy a BMW iX.
i done with bmw. Had many…. Those teeth!
my last daily was a 991 only briefly and while a good car i like some space for utility. I drove a 958 prior for several years as my daily. It was really good. The macan is similar but smaller, more fun to drive. So i should have a decent compare. I suspect it’ll work well.
i think the macan ev is going to be, by far, Porsches biggest selling car even.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spyerx:
mdrobc1213 (01-24-2022), Needsdecaf (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 11:24 AM
smohr33
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

Congrats, you will love the car. You're going to want another if the wife steals it, they make everything else seem inferior once you spend time in it.

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Awesome spec!

I went from Macan to Taycan (sedan). Have had Cayenne's and wife currently drives an X5. iX is in consideration for her next.

You probably already know this, but Cayenne to Taycan CT will be a HUGE difference. Cayenne/Macan are true SUVs, lots of ride height, wheel travel, approach angle. Taycan (even CT) is very much a low, long, and wide car. You sit way down low in any Taycan.

I've sat in a CT, and have daily driven my sedan for almost a year now. You are going to lose utility vs Macan/Cayenne/iX, the cabin is just much smaller/tighter. Frunk is basically useless, and trunk space on both the CT and sedan is really hurt by the angle. It seems like you can fit a decent amount in, until you try and close it. I barley managed all four 20" summer tires in my car, it was a real struggle. Pretty sure the X5 or a Cayenne could swallow 2 sets.

The driving experience is worth the space compromise for me though. Taycan is such a capable and fun car to drive, really can't say enough good things about it.

Last edited by smohr33; 01-12-2022 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-12-2022, 05:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,077 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Nice looking car but needs clear side markers. Now I can test out the car for a bit before I decide to order one.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:20 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 76 Posts

Love the color on your CT, seeing it makes me wonder if I should have ordered my CT in that color. Oh well, can always change it up next time!
Old 01-12-2022, 07:20 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Nice looking car but needs clear side markers. Now I can test out the car for a bit before I decide to order one.
Car was picked up, will see it in the AM.

Yeah, agreed. They are sitting on the shelf here at home ready for install. Along with a rear mat.

This is the full build spec. Dealer spec (but a good one) If I ordered it I'd have skipped the charger, 19kw internal charger, and probably have ordered a boring color like silver or white.... but otherwise its spot on. Exterior Color 1A Gentian Blue Metallic

Top Color 1A

Interior Color AR Leather Interior in Black

KB4 19.2 kW On-Board Charger

8IS Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)

KM2 On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger

G1X Single-Speed Transmission on the Front Axle, 2-Speed Transmission on the Rear Axle

9M3 Heat Pump

GM3 Porsche Electric Sport Sound

QW5 Porsche Intelligent Range Manager

9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System

NW2 Mobile Charger Connect

5KA Rear 2+1 Seats

KA6 Surround View

3S2 Roof Rails in Black Aluminum Finish

6W3 License plate mounting at the front, small

2V4 Ionizer

4L6 Automatically dimming exterior and interior mirrors

QQ1 Ambient Lighting

3FG Panoramic roof, fixed

79J Lane Change Assist (LCA)

1G8 Tyre sealing compound and electric air compressor

4GP Windscreen with grey top-tint

8LH Sport Chrono Package

6XV Power Folding Exterior Mirrors

EH2 25 ft Charging Cable

Q1J Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package

4A4 Heated Seats (Rear)

4D3 Ventilated Seats (Front)

4X4 Side airbags in the rear

1N3 Power Steering Plus

54C 21" Cross Turismo Design Wheels

VC2 HomeLink®

0NA Deletion of Model Designation

NG1 Preparation for rear bike carrier

P4X Premium Package
usctrojanGT3 (01-12-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 07:03 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 279 Posts

Spyerx, the color looks really great! I am looking forward to your review.
How much in incentives did Govy Newsome and the Feds provide?
I am going to be first inline to buy that car when the autonomous/driverless option becomes available!

Last edited by Igooz; 01-13-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:29 PM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 137 Posts

Did the dealer order for stock? Or you ordered a dealer spec?

What was your lead time? may be trading in our Macan GTS to go this route....

curious....I'm in Livermore and am debating Livermore Porsche or Fresno (as I'm hearing nothing but great things from CJ's dealership)....

thanx, M
Old 01-13-2022, 08:41 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Igooz
Spyerx, the color looks really great! I am looking forward to your review.
How much in incentives did Govy Newsome and the Feds provide?
I am going to be first inline to buy that car when the autonomous/driverless option becomes available!
let’s see…. In trying to balance my carbon footprint from all the old **** i drive….
30% tax credit on my solar system
30% tax credit on the charger install
$750 point of sale discount on the car
and if bbb doesn’t pass and they keep with the current legislation $7500 tax credit on my fy22 taxes….and not to be political but if the @ssclowns in office now have their way I’m sure they’ll wipe all that out with increases in other areas….

but i digress…..

i didn’t get a penny of handouts for any of these Covid programs but I’m gettin mine now!!!

only drove a bit this am but first impressions are good!

Originally Posted by mikes70
Did the dealer order for stock? Or you ordered a dealer spec?
What was your lead time? may be trading in our Macan GTS to go this route....
curious....I'm in Livermore and am debating Livermore Porsche or Fresno (as I'm hearing nothing but great things from CJ's dealership)....
thanx, M
this particular car was ordered as dealer stock in Aug i think? I liked the spec so i grabbed it in October while it was being built. cj does most of the dealer stock builds and they are way more interesting than most other dealers stuff.

i don’t know what current allocations are like. I talked to a couple dealers here in SoCal and none had open builds before late spring.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:06 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Thanks @C.J. Ichiban and Porsche Fresno for the seamless experience!
looking forward to getting it in a couple days.

VERY VERY pretty.
LMK if you can fit a bicycle in the back without taking the front wheel off!
Old 01-14-2022, 10:31 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgfen
VERY VERY pretty.
LMK if you can fit a bicycle in the back without taking the front wheel off!
@mooty bring a bike over! Frankly. If i rode a bike. I’d get that Rube Goldberg rear carrier. And hire the lady from the Porsche video to install it for me. J
:-)

the car does look really nice. I like the color.

oh…. So i drive it a bit last night. Flogged crap out of it in sport plus. It’s good. It does weigh 5k lbs but it hides well. Chassis flat steering feels right. A really fun daily drive. Better than my old tank cayenne. I’ve driven cars with rws and the chassis control thing and well…. I don’t think needed. Maybe on race track you get more body control and rotation but in our canyons and roads meh.
anyway so acceleration is fine, it’s instant but doesn’t melt head like turbo s does and that is ok. Ran down battery to 50%. Wife seems to enjoy it too.

then went to hell mall (Irvine spectrum) and wired into the ea thing. Saw a couple of those in my opinion ugly rivian trucks …. Made sure my account was turned on and plug and charge box ticked. And it works! No cards no apps just plug and go. Plugged in and about a minute later it’s taking 120kw on a 150 charger. Took about 15 mins and we’re back up to 85% and went home.

Oh negative. Fking parcel shelf is rattling like a maracas i need to look at it in daylight i suspect not installed right.

the dash tech and controls are fine. I’m not really much of a gadget person anymore. So set all that up and forget it. the new nav is good. The dash i love it actually. I need this glass dash on my 71. Motec sells one!

oh, the sport chrono. So that stupid *** clock. They keep making them bigger. At least you can turn the light off at night. It’s not like there are 3 other clocks on the dash. I wish i could have the dial with individual mode and no wart. Maybe i need to see about ordering a blank dash panel and removing it like i did on my 991.

what else…. B pillar entry. I’m not that tall so not a problem.

rear seat room. It’s fine.

glass roof…. Will verdict that in summer but it makes interior feel very spacious

order the lambo wheels they look fking great.

accel and brake feel are very natural even with regen on. Porsche did this right.

stereo Apple play and all that crap work fine. The built in “Apps” like weather and news meh. Will never use them. Ok maybe if bored out of skull on a road trip.

the center console access is stupid. You gotta contort yourself to open while seated. The wireless charger works fine. Phone gets hot. Whatever. Fry it as long as it charges.

what else….. oh. The “mobile charger connect” there is a reason the bag comes with tie downs the fking thing weighs like 30 lbs with thr 25ft cord. it’s going up in the frunk as a travel charger only.

thinking of daily drivers over past few years. Cayenne good. Macan (wife’s) pretty good. 991 didn’t love a 991 as a daily. Bmw 550 that i liked. So i think I’ll like this.

I’ll drive it some more today and post some more random thoughts.

pokingaround (01-17-2022)

Quick Reply: Ready for Pickup!