Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Software OTA failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021 | 06:34 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

The conspiracy side of me thinks porsche can do this. They haven’t as the dealers don’t want to lose the warranty service work and are working out a way to make it ‘equitable’ for their dealer service network, which of course, is where all the margin is on the dealer side.

Old 11-10-2021 | 07:22 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

I am not very happy about the recent AMC1 update and I am hardly inconvenienced. My main dealer is less than 5 miles from NJ residence and my alternate dealer is 5 miles from my weekend home. What ticks me off is that this recent campaign for the hazard light - collision avoidance has to do with not complying with US regulations. Why as a consumer should anyone be materially inconvenienced because PAG designed a system that did not meet US regulations? I have empathy for those that have to drive substantial miles, lose a day of work or family time because of this blatant OEM error. This should be compensated by PAG. It is just not right IMO.
Old 11-10-2021 | 07:45 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by kort677
you just do not have the facts right
Please provide link to where Porsche said all software updates would be OTA.
Old 11-10-2021 | 07:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

you method of conversing rarely varies, right to attacks once facts fail you
"thanks for playing"

Pot meet Kettle.
Old 11-10-2021 | 09:15 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

you method of conversing rarely varies, right to attacks once facts fail you
Doesn't sound like he is even attacking. He is just telling the truth. Seriously, if you like to complain so much about what Porsche offered and you think so much better of what Tesla offers, you are in the wrong car to begin with. Pointing out the obvious is fair game.
The following users liked this post:
SergeiSSH (05-24-2022)
Old 11-10-2021 | 10:58 PM
GT Rennsport
Advanced

there is a lively discussion on another Taycan forum regarding the OTA or lack of updates.
I am very frustrated about having to make an appointment and then lose use of the car for DAYS so the car can receive software updates.
I am currently awaiting to be contacted to receive the recall update regarding the "hazard light" issues, I am sure that this update will take a day or two as well.
currently the cars do receive minor updates like maps or weather or new which frankly do not come close to the capabilities found in Teslas or car from other manufacturers.
does anyone one else think like I do that Porsche has failed to deliver on their claims of OTA updates and do you feel that deceived by the marketing claims from Porsche regarding OTA updates?
My Taycan received a OTA update to the maps today. I have never had to wait more than a couple of hours for the two software updates on my Taycan at the dealer. So far, it does not appear my car is a candidate for the "hazard light" issue.

I'm not sure why you think it would take a "day or two".
The following 2 users liked this post by GT Rennsport:
Der-Schwabe (11-11-2021), gnop1950 (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021 | 08:08 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT Rennsport
I'm not sure why you think it would take a "day or two".
because my last three visits to the dealership for various software updates have all taken more than one day. in this case past performance is very indicative of what to expect in future visits
Old 11-11-2021 | 09:49 AM
gnop1950
Advanced

Smile

because my last three visits to the dealership for various software updates have all taken more than one day. in this case past performance is very indicative of what to expect in future visits
Could this be more of a specific dealer issue rather than a general Taycan/Porsche issue?
At any rate, I'm getting my Taycan because I want a car that drives like a Porsche and it sounds like that's what I'll get so I'm happy. I'll put up with the software issues until they can be fixed.
Old 11-11-2021 | 11:11 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gnop1950
Could this be more of a specific dealer issue rather than a general Taycan/Porsche issue?
At any rate, I'm getting my Taycan because I want a car that drives like a Porsche and it sounds like that's what I'll get so I'm happy. I'll put up with the software issues until they can be fixed.
I cannot say if it is a porsche or dealership issue, I've only been to MY dealership with this car.
enjoy your new car
Old 11-13-2021 | 08:30 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

I'd say it's a dealership issue. I emailed my service advisor on Thursday requesting an appointment for the hazard light recall update. He scheduled it for the following day, arranged valet service, picked up the car at noon on Friday (yesterday) and it was back in my driveway by 5 pm.

Last edited by dgtarga; 11-13-2021 at 08:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
gnop1950 (11-13-2021)

Quick Reply: Software OTA failure