Allocations and Deliveries?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 03:48 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
That's what you think.

To Porsche, it was just a advertising campaign. They just want you to go to your dealer to buy a car, that's it.

You simply think too much.
This was OPs original post:

Originally Posted by evanevery
I'm a long time BMW owner/fan, and this will be my first Porsche, so this is a process I'm not familiar with. I'm wondering if anyone has additional insight...

Is Porsche unwilling to allocate cars to insiders any sooner than the above schedule? Are they incapable of planning production/deliveries that far in advance? Is this normal for Porsche?
After explaining it to him over and over, he refuses to accept the facts that we, Porsche owners who have experience and have gone through the process multiple times, are telling him about the sale process.

He and others can ignore what we tell him and remain ignorant.

Dan (thinks this conduct is what it must be like on the Bimmer forums)
Old 10-28-2019, 04:10 PM
evanevery
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

{Yawn}

Yes, I think the program is pretty vacuous. No, I've never seen as useless a program from BMW. Yes, these forums are pretty much all the same. (Thank you for proving that point... I guess it should have been a hint when you talk about yourself in the third person.)

Can we please get back to posting ALLOCATION and DELIVERY updates? (Should they occur). I'ld hate to chase away folks who actually have some value to add...
Old 10-29-2019, 12:14 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

After explaining it to him over and over, he refuses to accept the facts that we, Porsche owners who have experience and have gone through the process multiple times, are telling him about the sale process.

He and others can ignore what we tell him and remain ignorant.

Dan (thinks this conduct is what it must be like on the Bimmer forums)
Literally the process is exactly the same for every manufacturers. They all have dealers and the steps are exactly the same.

No manufacturers gets money from end user directly. Well except Tesla.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:18 AM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evanevery
{Yawn}

Yes, I think the program is pretty vacuous. No, I've never seen as useless a program from BMW. Yes, these forums are pretty much all the same. (Thank you for proving that point... I guess it should have been a hint when you talk about yourself in the third person.)

Can we please get back to posting ALLOCATION and DELIVERY updates? (Should they occur). I'ld hate to chase away folks who actually have some value to add...

Many customers who have converted their deposits into a Turbo or Turbo S have already config-ed their cars, and Californians will get the first cars before end of year.

What else do you want to know? If it's about your own order, then you should be bugging your dealership's sales manager, he is the one withholding build slots and not confirming which client will get his first slots. Perhaps he is waiting on who'll pay him ADM.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:27 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

So to interject here……...

I literally just got a note from my salesman. He has an allocation for me NOW for a Taycan 4S with a lock date of Nov 11.. I'm reviewing/revising my build and will finalize it with my sales person tomorrow! No forecasted delivery date as yet, but I see this as a GREAT sign!!!

Toby
The following users liked this post:
Cpoarchy (10-31-2019)
Old 10-31-2019, 05:51 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
So to interject here……...

I literally just got a note from my salesman. He has an allocation for me NOW for a Taycan 4S with a lock date of Nov 11.. I'm reviewing/revising my build and will finalize it with my sales person tomorrow! No forecasted delivery date as yet, but I see this as a GREAT sign!!!

Toby
Sweet! Congrats!

Post build code when done if you don't mind. Always love to see people's builds.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:14 PM
Cpoarchy
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 54 Posts

Toby, checked my build and price went up, did you get yours locked? Just curious
Old 10-31-2019, 06:44 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Sweet! Congrats!

Post build code when done if you don't mind. Always love to see people's builds.
PLMQX5T0

Nothing fancy. I was tempted by the Frozen Blue Metallic (similar to the Light Blue Metallic on my '79 930) and have seen the Gentian Blue on a 992 (it's GORGEOUS!), but in the end stuck with the metallic Carrara White. Was truly tempted to order the Mission e =wheels, but you're forced into PSCB in addition to the high cost of the Mission e wheel. AND the Mission e wheel is a 5-spoke wheel and not a 6-spoke wheel like the show cars.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:46 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cpoarchy
Toby, checked my build and price went up, did you get yours locked? Just curious
Did not notice any price differential. However, the "builder" (me), did fall victim to upgrade-itis! Not too much though.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

PLMQX5T0

Nothing fancy. I was tempted by the Frozen Blue Metallic (similar to the Light Blue Metallic on my '79 930) and have seen the Gentian Blue on a 992 (it's GORGEOUS!), but in the end stuck with the metallic Carrara White. Was truly tempted to order the Mission e =wheels, but you're forced into PSCB in addition to the high cost of the Mission e wheel. AND the Mission e wheel is a 5-spoke wheel and not a 6-spoke wheel like the show cars.

Nice build, should be a great car. CWM will look fantastic on this shape. Only think I personally don't see value in is the passenger display but can't blame you for getting it. Keep us posted with when you hit build status. I can't wait to see these cars hitting the ground here.

Price wise, at $135k, that build is really a compelling car. A lot more desirable, to me, than a Panny 4S.

Also, hopefully you'll grant me the favor of a test drive once you get it! I'm up in DFW about once a month for a project right now.

Last edited by Needsdecaf; 11-01-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:16 PM
raydog9379
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice build, should be a great car. CWM will look fantastic on this shape. Only think I personally don't see value in is the passenger display but can't blame you for getting it. Keep us posted with when you hit build status. I can't wait to see these cars hitting the ground here.

Price wise, at $135k, that build is really a compelling car. A lot more desirable, to me, than a Panny 4S.
Looks nice! I figured around 130-140k for a nicely equipped 4S, so you didn't go crazy with the options. I would say passenger display will prob. be one of the more must have's on the car since it's an advanced tech type car and people would expect it at resale. I spend a decent amount of time on Ferrari forums and you should see how much they charge for a passenger display. Many guys order it because it's starting to get right up there with the LED/carbon wheel as a must have type option.

Just a heads up on the thermal windshield in case folks don't know... if you have a toll tag/pass and/or gate entry similar type pass that you will need the license plate version of the toll pass from the state. My case, I have both with an iPass in IL for tolls and my neighborhood uses a similar device for gate entry... so I'm generally opting for cars without thermal windshields since I have to deal w/ 2 tags and only one spot for them (unless someone makes a different thing that would house both on your front license plate).
Old 11-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Guards Red Car
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by raydog9379
Just a heads up on the thermal windshield in case folks don't know... if you have a toll tag/pass and/or gate entry similar type pass that you will need the license plate version of the toll pass from the state. My case, I have both with an iPass in IL for tolls and my neighborhood uses a similar device for gate entry... so I'm generally opting for cars without thermal windshields since I have to deal w/ 2 tags and only one spot for them (unless someone makes a different thing that would house both on your front license plate).
I would truly HOPE that Porsche will use the same Integrated Toll Module Technology offered in the Audi e-tron!!

Audi e-tron will be first model to feature vehicle-integrated toll module technology
https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/263
Old 11-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Guards Red Car
I would truly HOPE that Porsche will use the same Integrated Toll Module Technology offered in the Audi e-tron!!

Audi e-tron will be first model to feature vehicle-integrated toll module technology
https://media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/263

The e-Tron also have a fully integrated Homelink system, it can store 8 remotes and also GPS coordinates so the remote buttons pops up whenever you are near the garage doors.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:03 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Also, hopefully you'll grant me the favor of a test drive once you get it! I'm up in DFW about once a month for a project right now.
Thanks! My sales person has entered the build info into the Porsche system so we just need to re-confirm things prior to 11-Nov. No idea how long it will take to get a Build date. And once it arrives, I will let folks know. If you're still coming north to DFW, let me know.

Toby
Old 11-01-2019, 07:41 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 178 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks! My sales person has entered the build info into the Porsche system so we just need to re-confirm things prior to 11-Nov. No idea how long it will take to get a Build date. And once it arrives, I will let folks know. If you're still coming north to DFW, let me know.

Toby
Generally if they have a fixed date (V250) then they have a production start date (V260) and finish date (V300). I think my past GT3's went into production roughly 2 weeks after the fixed date but they may have a longer delay between the two for a new car like the Taycan. Ask your dealer to send you the build tracking sheet.

Quick Reply: Allocations and Deliveries?