Sponsored by:

2020 Taycan: First Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 12:46 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
i own and track a gt3, boxster, petevb owns several interesting ice cars - the Model 3P is fun to drive, the S was/is a blast but does not hide its weight well - the brakes suck but you don’t use them all that often - handling is decent - the low cg makes them really planted.
This is in line with what I've heard. Bad brakes are a deal-killer for me in any car...which may be part of why I like Porsches as much as I do. Trying to think of one with bad brakes, and coming up short. Even my 80-hp 914 came with 11-inch discs all around.

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Most people who gush about Tesla do so for reasons well other than driving. My theory, posted elsewhere, is that they actually do not like cars or driving and are happy that the interfaces are minimal and that Autopilot can take care of much of their driving chore. I know several owners who have come from sporty equipped BMWs and Mercedes (M3, AMG, etc.) and they get it, though. But most of them aren't evangelists about it.

I would agree with Dave. I own a 991.1 with a manual, and judging by that benchmark, the Model 3 does have a lot of positives going for it. The steering is quick and very precise. The power delivery is instant and also very easy to meter out. The body roll is kept well in check and the weight does not cause any issues. It reminds me a lot of my GTI that I got rid of to get it.

Where it does fall down is the seat and seating position. The seat is absolutely horrible for side support and combined with the vegan leather, any kind of significant lateral g's will have your knees bracing you big time. That and the driving position is much more upright than a 911, and it's even a little higher up than say a 3 series. And that does have a notable effect on how you can fling it into corners. I can only imagine if it had the bolstering of even my GTI, much less my 911. That and, as Dave says, the brakes aren't up to the task of the track. My AWD non-performance even is a little iffy on the street in hard driving.

That's why Dave, myself, and other Model 3 (and S) owners are excited about the Taycan. We know that an EV can be very fun to drive, but our Teslas are let down by compromises brought on by either design decisions, resources, lack of know-how, etc. They are still very enjoyable to drive, but they don't have the Porsche mojo.
Has anyone ever bolted a pair of Recaro into a Model 3? Doesn't seem like lack of recline would be a bummer with four doors…

I suspect I may like some aspects of the Model 3 better than the GTI four-doors I had, most notably getting to ditch FWD and its negatives amidst its positives. Hm. But, as noted above, brakes are a non-negotiable for me in a performance car. It will be interesting to see if the Taycan "wakes" Tesla up on seats, brakes, and some other items while Tesla continues to incentivize Porsche to improve the Taycan's range, charging infrastructure, etc. I think this rivalry is a good thing...the new Corvette vs Porsche, in more ways than one.

Last edited by stout; 09-27-2019 at 01:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 12:52 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,886 Posts

even the Chevy Bolt as an EV has decent attributes - it's amazing what instant torque (and plenty of it) and a low CG does - I'm not saying the Bolt is great - I'm saying it punches above it's class - it's a fun/nifty little run about with decent acceleration, super efficiency and really really easy to drive - and has the best CarPlay I've seen in any car (screen size & quality) - my kids LOVE it and consider it the perfect "1st car" for the aspiring driver

I've even done some limited track time with the Bolt (it's not a track car) for a Teen Driving clinic @ thunder hill - both I and the driving clinic instructors were impressed - it's just such a well done little hatch back - kudos to Chevy on this product.

nearly all of hte "tesla fan boy's" on this forum own both Porsches and Tesla's (and or other EV's) and have found EV's to complement their fleet but not replace it - I believe 100% of them rate that as the BEST daily drivers and occasionally fun - but none of those people would give up their Porsches.

once you go EV it's hard to go back, but that doesn't mean you don't appreciate what you had - it just allows you to more precisely articulate which car you need for which purpose

I can no longer bring myself to buy a gasoline powered car for general normal everyday needs - I am still very interested in ICE cars for the same reason @stout articulated - it has to be an interesting gasoline car

I high recommend true auto enthusiasts test drive a Model 3 and Bolt with an open mind and realize what nifty nifty and very practical little cars they are - and the Bolt can be driving off a lot new for less than a PCCB set of replacement rotors _BEFORE_ any EV incentives, and the Model 3P at $55k fully decked out is the screaming 4 door performance sedan deal on the market…please don't compare either of these cars to a Porsche, for example I'm hard pressed to find a 4 door hatch back gas car that is nearly as good as the Bolt

the trump card for daily driver is the easy fill up @ home, and zero maintenance make EV's the perfect car to flog for point A to point B work with minimal fuss.

I have zero plans to get rid of my GT3 or my Wife's Boxster - although she will be first in line for an EV Boxster from porsche.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 09-27-2019 at 01:51 PM.
whiz944 (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:21 PM
whiz944
Burning Brakes

Received 424 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
even the Chevy Bolt as an EV has decent attributes - it's amazing what instant torque (and plenty of it) and a low CG does - I'm not saying the Bolt is great - I'm saying it punches above it's class - it's a fun/nifty little run about with decent acceleration, super efficiency and really really easy to drive - and has the best CarPlay I've seen in any car (screen size & quality).

nearly all of hte "tesla fan boy's" on this forum own both Porsches and Tesla's (and or other EV's) and have found EV's to complement their fleet but not replace it - I believe 100% of them rate that as the BEST daily drivers and occasionally fun - but none of those people would give up their Porsches.

once you go EV it's hard to go back, but that doesn't mean you don't appreciate what you had - it just allows you to more precisely articulate which car you need for which purpose

I can no longer bring myself to buy a gasoline powered car for general normal everyday needs - I am still very interested in ICE cars for the same reason @stout articulated - it has to be an interesting gasoline car

I high recommend true auto enthusiasts test drive a Model 3 and Bolt with an open mind and realize what nifty nifty and very practical little cars they are - and the Bolt can be driving off a lot new for <$30 _BEFORE_ any EV incentives, and the Model 3P at 55k fully decked out is the screaming 4 door performance sedan deal on the market…please don't compare either of these cars to a Porsche, for example I'm hard pressed to find a 4 door hatch back gas car that is nearly as good as the Bolt

the trump card for daily driver is the easy fill up @ home, and zero maintenance make EV's the perfect car to flog for point A to point B work with minimal fuss.

I have zero plans to get rid of my GT3 or my Wife's Boxster - although she will be first in line for an EV Boxster from porsche.
Well said. I'll keep my ICE 2-seaters as long as I can. But for daily driving, it is EV all the way. My last two new car purchases have been, and any future car purchases will be, either plug in, or no sale. (Though my next may be another PHEV rather than BEV. I need to collapse two SUVs down to one 'rightsized' utility vehicle. PHEV may still be the way to go for a few years.) If/when Porsche comes out with an EV Boxster or Cayman, and can keep the MSRP in the 5-digit $ range, I'd be back at the Porsche dealer again with my nose to the glass. A $200k Taycan simply isn't going to happen.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:52 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

I'm coming in really late to this thread but I just wanted to say to Stout, thank you so much for the detailed write-up! Fantastic job and the photos are amazing, too!
stout (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:53 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,886 Posts

A $200k Taycan simply isn't going to happen.
I'm very very hopeful they don't neuter the 4S too much in performance area and then I can swap my 3 for a Taycan - but yeah I can not do a 170k Turbo or a 208k Turbo S properly optioned.
Toby Pennycuff (09-28-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
I'd like to drive a Tesla, too, and will try to do so in the next few weeks. May need to bug ChrisF, now that he's come over to the dark side (3.0tt) and because I just figured out he works a whole ten~ minutes from 000.
I'd say you should shoot for a Model 3 Performance as a comparison point, but let me know if a Model 3 Dual motor would be helpful. Plenty of free time to drop by these days...

Apart from the above, it also helps Porsche (and thus us) address some questions that are only going to become more pressing with time. Whatever one's feelings on such topics, it's good that our favored marque is better prepared and more agile than it was just a few years ago.
I do wonder if it will prove to be agile enough. Stepping way back I feel like the Taycan's not leading the target. The Model S was introduced in 2012. Seven years is a long cycle for the automotive industry and a lifetime in technology. It only took Tesla nine years to go from the original Roadster (barely more than a kit car built in a garage) to the Model 3, a car that is still so ahead in so many areas other manufactures are going out of their way not to compete with it.

Porsche has just put down a marker: an ultra premium electric for others to aim at. It's clearly a great car in many of the ways we'd hope it would be. However as a platform for war over the next half decade it frankly looks vulnerable to me. The "Porsche premium" has been justified over the years by the technical superiority of the cars. Sure the 991 Turbo might cost 2x the Nissan GTR or similarly quick Vette but it was measurably better. But is the Taycan going to be measurably better than its competition over its lifespan? Reading the Model S's spec sheet one could argue the answer is already no, but beyond that Tesla short cycles: there are 18 different versions of the Model S so far and one can be sure a new platform is on the drawing board. My bet is that this Taycan S will be competing against a car that's half the cost, has significantly greater performance, ~2x the usable range (once reserve miles are accounted for) charges faster on a better network and doesn't give up much if anything dynamically or on refinement. In fact the Taycan is almost what I'd wish for if I was Tesla- a competitor that justifies a high price-point that I can beat. The Taycan could easily still find a solid niche, especially if Tesla continues to ignore driver experience, but in many ways it seems to insure Tesla will focus on that area to deny competitors a foothold.

You mention the Taycan as a game-changer. I agree- the industry is at an inflection point. But it's not just just the cars that are changing, it's the way the game is played, and I feel Porsche will need to step lively if it's going to keep up. I recall a conversation with a Porsche engineer some years ago when the Taycan was just on the drawing board. He complained that Tesla was subsidizing their Model S with investor dollars and credits. Porsche engineers, meanwhile, were expected to make their standard profit margins- a daunting challenge. With technology from the Model 3 able to move Tesla significantly further down the cost curve that challenge has only gotten harder...
The following 4 users liked this post by Petevb:
daveo4porsche (09-27-2019), earl pottinger (09-28-2019), MM3.9GT3 (09-27-2019), stout (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 03:29 PM
Robert Quinton
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stout, any thoughts on PDCC and Rear Axle Steering as they seem to be expensive options on the Turbo? How about 14 way seats vs the 18 way? Were there any on your trip that allowed you to see the difference in seating comfort? Finally, Burmester or Bose?
Old 09-27-2019, 04:53 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

I don’t think Tesla can match Porsche at 1/2 the price. At some point, positive cash flow, and net margins will come into play. Porsche may have to reduce their gross margin, and net margin expectations to compete with Tesla on price (not match Tesla, but be within 20% on an apples to apples basis), or Tesla will have to increase prices to match Porsche’s driving dynamics, design, and handling.

Originally Posted by Petevb
I'd say you should shoot for a Model 3 Performance as a comparison point, but let me know if a Model 3 Dual motor would be helpful. Plenty of free time to drop by these days...

I do wonder if it will prove to be agile enough. Stepping way back I feel like the Taycan's not leading the target. The Model S was introduced in 2012. Seven years is a long cycle for the automotive industry and a lifetime in technology. It only took Tesla nine years to go from the original Roadster (barely more than a kit car built in a garage) to the Model 3, a car that is still so ahead in so many areas other manufactures are going out of their way not to compete with it.

Porsche has just put down a marker: an ultra premium electric for others to aim at. It's clearly a great car in many of the ways we'd hope it would be. However as a platform for war over the next half decade it frankly looks vulnerable to me. The "Porsche premium" has been justified over the years by the technical superiority of the cars. Sure the 991 Turbo might cost 2x the Nissan GTR or similarly quick Vette but it was measurably better. But is the Taycan going to be measurably better than its competition over its lifespan? Reading the Model S's spec sheet one could argue the answer is already no, but beyond that Tesla short cycles: there are 18 different versions of the Model S so far and one can be sure a new platform is on the drawing board. My bet is that this Taycan S will be competing against a car that's half the cost, has significantly greater performance, ~2x the usable range (once reserve miles are accounted for) charges faster on a better network and doesn't give up much if anything dynamically or on refinement. In fact the Taycan is almost what I'd wish for if I was Tesla- a competitor that justifies a high price-point that I can beat. The Taycan could easily still find a solid niche, especially if Tesla continues to ignore driver experience, but in many ways it seems to insure Tesla will focus on that area to deny competitors a foothold.

You mention the Taycan as a game-changer. I agree- the industry is at an inflection point. But it's not just just the cars that are changing, it's the way the game is played, and I feel Porsche will need to step lively if it's going to keep up. I recall a conversation with a Porsche engineer some years ago when the Taycan was just on the drawing board. He complained that Tesla was subsidizing their Model S with investor dollars and credits. Porsche engineers, meanwhile, were expected to make their standard profit margins- a daunting challenge. With technology from the Model 3 able to move Tesla significantly further down the cost curve that challenge has only gotten harder...
Old 09-27-2019, 06:54 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

This is in line with what I've heard. Bad brakes are a deal-killer for me in any car...which may be part of why I like Porsches as much as I do. Trying to think of one with bad brakes, and coming up short. Even my 80-hp 914 came with 11-inch discs all around.
My wife's 2018 Cayenne Hybrid has the worse brakes of any car I've owned in the last 10 years. It's even worse than her BMW i3 - I really don't know how they get it so wrong. It's marginally OK in Hybrid mode, but really bad in Electric mode.

I'm glad to hear the Taycan is better - I've always loved the 911 brakes.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:09 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
I don’t think Tesla can match Porsche at 1/2 the price. At some point, positive cash flow, and net margins will come into play. Porsche may have to reduce their gross margin, and net margin expectations to compete with Tesla on price (not match Tesla, but be within 20% on an apples to apples basis), or Tesla will have to increase prices to match Porsche’s driving dynamics, design, and handling.
We'll see, and we'll see if Tesla even wants to play the game. However the way Porsche has set itself up in some ways appears to play into Tesla's hands.

Porsche charges for performance: if you want more speed you need to pay for it. Over the years Porsche priced its models carefully so that the GT cars are the cheapest speed followed by sports cars then SUVs and 4 doors. Many were surprised by the Taycan's price, but it fits neatly into that hierarchy just above the Panameras:

If you look historically these values have barely changed over the years: Porsches have gotten more expensive at nearly the same rate that they have gotten faster, so price/ performance remains essentially unchanged. Other manufactures, however, are not playing by these rules as the chart below illustrates:

Other manufactures are increasing performance at an exponential rate. Porsche, meanwhile, has chosen not to. There are many good reasons for this choice, but it leaves them with one hand tied behind their back in any performance competition. Doubly so where electric cars are concerned precisely because adding power to an electric is so much easier and cheaper. Consider the massive engine and ten radiators in the million dollar Bugatti Veyron, then consider that today's 100k Model S is already capable of making just 22% less power and that gap is decreasing by the month. This leaves Porsche a real problem: the Model 3 Performance is already ahead of the Taycan Turbo S's range, power to weight ratio (when not using LC) and charge speed, yet it lists for just 30% of the price. That leaves lots of money left for Tesla to increase performance further and close the obvious gaps to the Taycan...

Given this how does Porsche respond if and when Tesla (or someone) effectively puts two Model 3 Performance drive-trains into a single car? Forget for a second the chassis: you've got 1100 hp, over 500 mile range, call it 5500 lbs without getting fancy or significantly less weight (and money) if you pull some batteries out. The numbers suggest Tesla should be able to sell a car like that soon for ~100k, yet if Porsche doesn't change their pricing structure they'd need to charge ~$500k for a car with that kind of performance. They seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. That's somewhat evidenced by reactions here to the Taycan Turbo S pricing, and I suspect it will become much more evident as Tesla and others pour on the power. Motor power for the Model S has exactly doubled in the last 7 years. You don't need to project that curve forwards very long for things to get interesting, and it's not clear to me how (or if) Porsche will reply. I'm guessing they're in part waiting for customer response to the Taycan to figure it out themselves...

Last edited by Petevb; 09-27-2019 at 11:31 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Petevb:
daveo4porsche (09-27-2019), destaccado (09-28-2019), Dyefrog (09-27-2019), MM3.9GT3 (09-27-2019), sunnyr (09-28-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 07:42 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Pete, I appreciate the well thought out points, and the graph. You are absolutely correct about how Porsche priced the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S. I am a Porsche loyalist, and a very good customer for them. But, I am a perfect example of someone who didn’t buy into that pricing model, regardless of my ability to afford one. I think the Porsche premium is way too high vs. the Model S P100D. Now, let’s see how the 4S price, and range compares to the base Model S 100D. In short, Porsche needs to rethink their EV pricing model.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:26 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I would agree with Dave. I own a 991.1 with a manual, and judging by that benchmark, the Model 3 does have a lot of positives going for it...
I don't completely discount your, Dave's, or other Porsche-owning-Teslalytes impressions. But, I've not read your detailed professional reviews of various Porsches. So, I can't get a 'baseline' for what's between your ears with respect to Porsches as an anchor for your thoughts on Teslas.

On the other hand I have read Stout's reviews of various ICE Porsches and of course the Taycan. So, when/if he provides his thoughts on a Tesla I'll have good data set all from the same mental context that I can then translate to my context.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:29 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
I don't completely discount your, Dave's, or other Porsche-owning-Teslalytes impressions. But, I've not read your detailed professional reviews of various Porsches. So, I can't get a 'baseline' for what's between your ears with respect to Porsches as an anchor for your thoughts on Teslas.

On the other hand I have read Stout's reviews of various ICE Porsches and of course the Taycan. So, when/if he provides his thoughts on a Tesla I'll have good data set all from the same mental context that I can then translate to my context.

Youre moving the goalposts. First, it was:

Originally Posted by worf928
I know a handful of Tesla owners reasonably well. They rant, rave, and gush about them. However, none of them - not. a. single. one. - have ever owned, or even driven for a short time, an ICE car worth driving. Thus, their opinions about cars mean as much to me as having someone tell me how wonderful my Twin-Screwed 928GT is ... because it’s pearlescent green.
Now I need to provide you a review history so you can judge whether my opinions are valid, not just own a good car? Well, I suppose there are a lot of poseurs that own them. But I doubt they’re on Rennlist.

If you’d actually like to read one of my reviews:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9925...a-s-owner.html
Old 09-28-2019, 01:53 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 687 Posts

I drove my 991.2 today, and came to the conclusion that only charismatic ICE engines interest me now. The 4.0 in today's GT3 and the 3.0 in today's Carreras certainly meet that threshold, making great noises while offering great power delivered in a deeply satisfying way. In other words, they still justify their presence with pure joy—and this is true with a 7MT or PDK. After driving the Taycan for a couple of days, I'm not sure other ICE cars do anymore—at least not for me. While I still like small/lightweight cars, larger "daily" cars, crossovers, and trucks with "ordinary" or even "good" gasoline engines suddenly seem a lot less compelling.

Were I making the call on the future development of models using gasoline engines that are less than truly inspiring, I'd start moving my resources toward the development of EV and PHEV replacements. Much to my surprise as a lifelong lover of four-wheeled things that run on gasoline, I'm a convert—at least as far as daily machines are concerned. For me, it's now only a matter of price point, timeline, and infrastructure. The Taycan is very appealing to me where previous EVs just haven't been. As for Porsche, I think it's in a very good position right now—with ICE, PHEV, and EV powertrains. While I saw its moves leading up to this point, I didn't realize just how prescient they were…
Well said Pete, I agree completely. My Tesla model 3 Performance is by no means a perfect car, but it has completed ruined non special ICE cars for me. I have no interest in 98% of the ICE cars on the market. Not for a daily driver, not a weak NA engine in a regular car, certainly not a big heavy laggy turbo sports sedan/SUV/Truck. My Tesla Model 3 Performance is such a fun daily driver, with insane instant torque, a much smaller footprint and weight compared to the Model S or the Taycan as the M3P is 900lbs and 1050lbs respectively lighter than those two other electic cars. My M3p also feels chuckable. Not chuckable like my 987.2 Boxster S, but reasonably chuckable for a heavier car due to the smaller wheelbase and insane torque. Plus the electronics are great, adaptive cruise control, maps, stereo, and I love getting carpool lane access in California. Also I pay 75% less for charging than I would for gas (particularly in CA). I can carry a decent amount of cargo and 4 adults comfortably. I don't see myself ever owning an ICE daily again. But I also plan to keep a special ICE car around forever like my 991.2 GT3. Although I've really enjoyed my M3P the past two months, there is nothing like a canyon run, track day, or long trip on fun roads in my GT3!

^ This fits with my theory that Teslas have been adopted by people who hate cars and want to you to know it (even though they are still driving a car), having moved from 240 DL > Legacy Outback > Prius > Tesla with a few side roads here and there to fill the various gaps. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions out there—Pete being a great example, along with some other Rennlisters and a few friends who know their way around a GT3, but then, there were 240 Turbos back in the day, too.

I'd like to drive a Tesla, too, and will try to do so in the next few weeks. May need to bug ChrisF, now that he's come over to the dark side (3.0tt) and because I just figured out he works a whole ten~ minutes from 000.
Plenty of people who hate cars, or who stress way too much about the environment buy many of the teslas, just like a Prius. These are the people who purchase a base model 3, which is just annoying to drive given the relative power, brakes, suspension, etc. I'd never own that car.

Originally Posted by manitou202
I own a Model X, but test drove a Model S and Model 3 prior to buying my Panamera. While the Model S was faster in a straight line compared to my Panamera, the overall driving dynamics were no where close. Panamera felt much more engaging and put together. My assumption is the Taycan will even be better than the Panamera. Model S felt more like a luxury sedan with a really big motor.

Model 3 performance was a different story. Very fun car to drive. Much smaller than the Panamera, so obviously not really comparable. But I'd bet it's on par with a BMW M3. Only downside to the Model 3 was the interior. While I appreciate the minimalist approach, it's not the same level as Audi, BMW, MB, etc. But if I was buying a car in that price range and wanted performance over fit/finish, Model 3 would be my choice.

So Tesla seemed to get the driving dynamics right on the Model 3. Not perfect, but damn good. If they can improve the new Model S plaid, then it could be much more competitive.
Much of the superior dynamics of the Model 3 comes from the weight and dimensions. It's not such a huge, heavy car like the Model S or Taycan. The 3 is a foot shorter and almost a 1,000 lbs lighter than the S, and around a 1100 lbs lighter than the Taycan. The Tesla model 3 Performance is fun to drive and feels relatively light on its feet given the weight.

Has anyone ever bolted a pair of Recaro into a Model 3? Doesn't seem like lack of recline would be a bummer with four doors…

I suspect I may like some aspects of the Model 3 better than the GTI four-doors I had, most notably getting to ditch FWD and its negatives amidst its positives. Hm. But, as noted above, brakes are a non-negotiable for me in a performance car. It will be interesting to see if the Taycan "wakes" Tesla up on seats, brakes, and some other items while Tesla continues to incentivize Porsche to improve the Taycan's range, charging infrastructure, etc. I think this rivalry is a good thing...the new Corvette vs Porsche, in more ways than one.
Agree bad brakes kill any car. The model 3 Performance comes with performance brakes, which are superior to the brakes on the other two model 3 options, but of course don't compare to GT3 brakes.

Regarding seats, I agree the model 3 seats aren't that great. I'm a bit crazy in that I installed 4 way 991 GT3 seats in my Tesla model 3 performance as you can see in the picture. Power works, seating position is better, and they grip me better in corners. Pic below. They actually blend reasonably well with the Tesla interior in black.

Pete, if you want to come down to LA sometime and drive my 991.2 GT3 and Tesla model 3 Performance (both with the same 4 way 991 GT3 seats) back to back, let me know.

Last edited by Drifting; 09-28-2019 at 02:18 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Drifting:
4pipes (09-28-2019), daveo4porsche (09-28-2019), destaccado (09-28-2019), MM3.9GT3 (09-28-2019), Needsdecaf (09-28-2019), W8MM (09-28-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-28-2019, 05:39 AM
Sulaiman
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently, it's wire only for now, with wireless to be supported later.

thanks for the answer

Quick Reply: 2020 Taycan: First Drive