Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Current Spyder Market

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 12:36 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
ok, so i am looking at Spyder's and have seen prices mostly in the $60's. Is this where the market is right now on these cars? I live in florida so my driving season is all year round so I could possibly wait til winter if prices might be better. Somehow I think due to build numbers, they dont have too much depreciation left. Lastly, it seems like the 6 speed is more desirable and less of these were made.
I bought mine last August, and initially I was very bummed to see the prices drop just like every other P-car. Then, all of a sudden, this summer the prices shot back up to the point that I could sell my car for what I paid for it (but that ain't gonna happen, ever!).

So, will prices drop again in the fall?? I have no clue. All I know is I got mine, and I'm keeping it for a very, very, long time.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
balakris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_vetman
but red Spyders just didn't do it for me (please note that this is strictly just a personal thing).
She's mad at you:

Old 07-29-2012, 10:39 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

White, red, black, blue, silver. None would be a deal breaker for me. Sport buckets, manual, and AC would be my only deal breakers.

Prices are up since I bought but once you own one you will realize why.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:33 PM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by balakris
She's mad at you:

lol... your car honestly looks great.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:37 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1 especially when angry
Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
+1 especially when angry
Your post had me looking at the pic again and she DOES almost look angry!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
White, red, black, blue, silver. None would be a deal breaker for me. Sport buckets, manual, and AC would be my only deal breakers.

Prices are up since I bought but once you own one you will realize why.
I'm noticing this too. I did a quick search last night and noted that most of the Spyders were listed in the mid 60's to 70's. Yeah I know that list price doesn't equal sell price but the fact that we aren't seeing list prices in the high 50's like we did earlier in the ear may be indicative of a price increase. Then again it is summer and the Spyder is a summer car. We'll have to check back again this winter to see where things go.

But I guess in the end it doesn't really matter since I and know many others aren't planning on selling anytime soon.

Truthfully I have never been a big fan of red cars but I will honestly admit that the Spyder looks fantastic in red. The red really enhances the lines on the car and a side benefit is that the interior trim painted red matches the belts perfectly and gives it a cohesive look.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by

[QUOTE
Truthfully I have never been a big fan of red cars
Looks like your daughter would look good in a red one
Old 07-30-2012, 01:39 PM
balakris
Instructor

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Truthfully I have never been a big fan of red cars but I will honestly admit that the Spyder looks fantastic in red. The red really enhances the lines on the car and a side benefit is that the interior trim painted red matches the belts perfectly and gives it a cohesive look.
Same here. I never cared for red cars until I saw this Spyder. About the only other red I've liked Ferrari's Rosso Corsa. I think it's cars that evoke a classic design, look well dressed in red. The new angular styling trend (read Nissan GT-R, Lambo, et al.) gets away from the classic colors, and more to the newfangled ones.

Who's body looks better in a red dress Marilyn Monroe or Jillian Michaels?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by balakris
Who's body looks better in a red dress Marilyn Monroe or Jillian Michaels?
Well darling, in San Francisco or Key West, we can come up with much better than those two in a red dress!

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/imag...eas-photos.jpg

Saludos,
Eduardo
Missing the 'home scene' in Northern California!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

[quote=good hands;9726370][quote=

Looks like your daughter would look good in a red one [/quote]

Thanks! I know she agrees, she mentioned to a few people at the dealer that she liked the red one more than my Spyder. I asked her why and she said she liked the color.

Originally Posted by Z356
Well darling, in San Francisco or Key West, we can come up with much better than those two in a red dress!

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/imag...eas-photos.jpg

Saludos,
Eduardo
Missing the 'home scene' in Northern California!
You need to warn us when you post a link like that. I guess I should have paid more attention to the link details before clicking.

I agree that red only looks good on certain cars, older Ferrari's look great in red.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Ryan Perrella
Advanced

60,000 - 70,000 is the current market for the cars. Figure 60-65K unless you find a uniquely optioned car that justifies a price with a 7 in front.

The last one we had sold for $62,500 CPO.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:36 AM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I've been thinking about selling my 2011 Spyder so I can invest in some commercial real estate. I'm pleased to hear the price range is 60-65k for a nicely optioned 6spd in white. It's gonna hurt to let her go but that kind of money makes it a little easier. She is white, black interior, 6spd, AC, heated seats, sport exhaust, silver wheels, 5500 miles, garage stored with Suncoast indoor cover. Just ordered Lloyd mats in black with white piping and white embroidered Porsche lettering too. Is that price range a fair starting point?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:52 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay9722
I've been thinking about selling my 2011 Spyder so I can invest in some commercial real estate. I'm pleased to hear the price range is 60-65k for a nicely optioned 6spd in white. It's gonna hurt to let her go but that kind of money makes it a little easier. She is white, black interior, 6spd, AC, heated seats, sport exhaust, silver wheels, 5500 miles, garage stored with Suncoast indoor cover. Just ordered Lloyd mats in black with white piping and white embroidered Porsche lettering too. Is that price range a fair starting point?
If you had a Manual, Full Leather with Sport Buckets, I would be willing to buy.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts
Default Wanted: Boxster Spyder

delete.

Quick Reply: Current Spyder Market