Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

My NEW 987 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:01 PM
bensf
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I don't see any indication anywhere of there being an supercharger installed, though. OP has since deleted 'supercharged' from his sig. Was it all just a mistake?
I hope not, I was so excited about getting details on the supercharger.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Was it Champion Motorsport's car? I remember seeing this car from a year ago when I was shopping. I was toying around with ordering cream with cocoa. Sweet combo

http://chicagosportscars.com/car/29097290.html

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/show...6&d_id=1274#52
Old 01-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
Was it Champion Motorsport's car? I remember seeing this car from a year ago when I was shopping. I was toying around with ordering cream with cocoa. Sweet combo

Nice looking Spyder! I also debated about Cream White with Black Full Leather and Black Wheels. But after seeing the Basalt I was hooked.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ClintonM3

Was it supercharged a year ago?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
ClintonM3
Racer

Was it supercharged a year ago?
Sorry, I don't know. I did not make any inquiries on that car. I am not aware of any superchargers available on the market, just turbochargers. But hey, I didn't know there was a wide body kit for the Spyder either, what do I know.

I remember seeing it online and admiring the color combo. All together I thing the color combo costs around $8k, right? $3k for the paint, $5 for full natural leather.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Com'on, boatman. We're all still waiting for the details on this supercharger. It's been 2 weeks since you first posted, and you've gone radio silent. If the car truly is supercharged, we'd all love to hear more details about it. A dyno sheet would be great, and should be available since the car would have to be custom tuned.

If it was just a mistake and the car isn't supercharged after all, just blame it on your CFO and we can all have a big group hug. You still have a very nice and unique car. I'll be the first to admit I didn't know much about my car when I first bought it. All I knew at the time was that it was one of the most stunning looking cars I had ever seen, I was looking for a convertible, and I had to have it. The only thing I regret was not getting the car optioned the way I wanted it: With bucket seats. Silly me thought it wouldn't be a big deal to swap out the seats. I was right it would be easy, but I didn't realize how much it would cost...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

A misread...he was super charged about getting the Spyder
Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
RJ Boatman
Intermediate

The problem does not attribute to my CFO but rather the representation or misrepresentation of the salesperson. When I picked up the vehicle, it had been driven 2011 miles. I was told that the owner of the dealership had it built to his specifications/modifications/upgrades and that he had driven the vehicle for the initial 302 miles. After that, the vehicle was purportedly driven as a demo for an additional 1709 miles. It was then transferred to highline auto sales group where the original owner had a percentage of interest and sold on consignment as a used vehicle. Based on my previous career paths (City Police Chief, County-wide Organized Crime Unit Commander and DOJ/OIG Federal Taskforce Director), I do tend to be a little extreme in the facilitation of being either overly suspicious or insatiably trusting (You tend to always distrust those you are investigating and constantly trust those in your command); an admitted downfall on my part due to the fact that the same corruption in the criminal world can just as easily be found in the office down the hall and yet sometimes, the one(s) you are investigating really is/are innocent of the allegation. For the sake of conversation, let’s just say that the issue has become a legal matter of sorts and therefore not open for further discussion at this time. I do apologize for any representation/misrepresentation that I may have made by being an overly excited newbie in the P-Car world. I do “trust” that you are all actually concerned about my plight and therefore will be compassionate in any future forum dissertations.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:20 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

No worries. Sorry to hear about the dispute. Hopefully everything works out for you in the end. Best of luck, and hopefully you can share the story with us when it's all over.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
RJ Boatman
Intermediate

No worries. Sorry to hear about the dispute. Hopefully everything works out for you in the end. Best of luck, and hopefully you can share the story with us when it's all over.
Thanks Joe...
Old 02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Hope it all works out for you
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
bensf
Racer

Wow, that's a tremendous misrepresentation on the part of the salesperson/dealership. I hope you get compensation for lack of a supercharger. Hope you get past all this and are able to enjoy the Spyder. It's still an awesome car with or without a supercharger.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:03 PM
RJ Boatman
Intermediate

With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about - Henry Ford
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
RJ Boatman
Intermediate

My other P-Car...

https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...-rj-s-993.html
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I see "Victory Motorcars" is the dealership that 993 came from and I really hope you got a thorough PPI before purchasing it... Best of luck!

Quick Reply: My NEW 987 Spyder