Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

PSE or Remus

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
Default PSE or Remus

I am torn between staying OEM and getting the PSE installed on my Spyder or going with the Remus System in Black. Is it really worth an extra $1000 for the PSE to turn the sound on and off. PSE installed is $3300 with tax and Remus will end up about $2200. How do the two compare side by side as far as sound. I do not like super loud so that is why I narrowed it down to these two. I'd appreciate your thoughts........
Old 10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Craig, I went through the same debate several months ago. Remus eliminates 2 cats, so it is supposed to make more power. I'd say it feels like it does make more power, but I can't confirm without before/after dyno runs. Definitely get the tips coated black like I did. They will look perfect on the spyder. I still think my remus is too quiet, and would probably go louder if I could do it again. I would guess that PSE and remus are similar in terms of sound, but it would be interesting to do a side-by-side comparison with someone sometime. In the end I decide to go remus over PSE because
1) cheaper (but not by much)
2) easier to install (I didn't want to bother with installing a button that I will have to push everytime I start the car)
3) theoretically more power

The argument FOR PSE, IMO, is warranty. A remus should not void your warranty, but can cause a hassle. I figured it's easy enough to swap exhausts if there was ever an issue.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

If I were buying an exhaust for the Spyder I would choose either the PSE with button or something made of Titanium.

The Titanium Exhaust would be my preference since it will further reduce weight from rear of the car. Weight loss, better sound and possibly more horsepower!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

The problem with titanium is that it's double the cost. Double. Not worth it. Titanium is pretty, but you'll never see it since it's under the car. The weight savings won't be anything noticeable, either.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:48 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is no Spyder but I do have the PSE and love it. I like the ability to turn it on or off specially when the wife is in the car with me. She hates it when I have it on.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
The problem with titanium is that it's double the cost. Double. Not worth it. Titanium is pretty, but you'll never see it since it's under the car. The weight savings won't be anything noticeable, either.
I agree, the cost for Titanium is very high and you really can't see it so you lose that benefit. But there is something to be said about reducing a decent amount of weight from the rear of the car which currently carries most of the weight. I would hope that a kit costing as much as it does would also increase Hp. Overall reducing weight and adding Hp can be significant.

If I hadn't ordered PSE I would seriously consider Titanium to continue on what Porsche started. Besides, I have no intention of selling the car and you only live once!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Craig67
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys.......gives me some points to noodle on..........
Old 10-21-2011, 02:01 PM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I agree, the cost for Titanium is very high and you really can't see it so you lose that benefit. But there is something to be said about reducing a decent amount of weight from the rear of the car which currently carries most of the weight. I would hope that a kit costing as much as it does would also increase Hp. Overall reducing weight and adding Hp can be significant.

If I hadn't ordered PSE I would seriously consider Titanium to continue on what Porsche started. Besides, I have no intention of selling the car and you only live once!
Good point especially when you consider that PSE installed cost about the same as the Remus Titanium uninstalled. It seems like installing the Remus is pretty straight forward thus saving on installation expense.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 PM
porsche.fan
1st Gear

Thumbs up Speaking of titanium

was at the Porsche rennsport reunion last weekend at laguna seca. saw and felt how light that titanium system was from remus. very nice. pretty impressive. i already told my cayman / spyder buds. i only got a brochure from them, so I can't post anything here about it. but their web site is; www.remususa.com
Old 10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
GMP Performance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We sell the Remus exhausts all the time...top notch even after all these years..We now have Titanium systems for the 987...

Remus Titan2 for 987b/c

Quick Reply: PSE or Remus