Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

'11 Spyder for Sale with no A/C & no Radio!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default '11 Spyder for Sale with no A/C & no Radio!

I found interesting the options on this used '11 Spyder. Carrara White/Carrera Red leather. Low mileage. Located in Carmel, Indiana. Perhaps one of you might be interested in pursuing it. I am not affiliated with seller or dealer. Just posted for general information purposes. Saludos, z356

"This 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder is quite unique in many ways. It was special ordered by a dear friend and long time loyal customer of ours who passed away recently. He had been a life long Porsche collector and auto enthusiast. The car features carefully selected options which he felt made this a true collector Porsche. The car comes with the following options: Carrara White exterior paint, black top, special order Carrera red natural leather sport seats, fabric door opening loops, leather sport seats, manual two panel roof, wheel caps with colored crests, NO air conditioning, NO stereo, floor mats in interior color, leather interior in natural leather and the following exclusive options: sport shifter, sport exhaust system and roll bar and center console painted to match the Carrara white exterior color. It has been driven just 451 miles since new delivery! This is an outstanding Porsche which was optioned to be true to the original Porsche build formula of making very fast, very light sports cars. It is an awesome tribute to our friend who was a true Porsche enthusiast!!!"
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

NO AC, NO Stereo..... NO bucket seats... WTH? LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

That is a very nicely optioned Spyder, especially for someone looking for sport seats. It is somewhat odd to forego the radio and A/C and then add sport seats but it could be a matter of being able to get in/out of the car.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Any wagers as to how many tens of thousands off sticker it'll take to move the car?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Assuming I didn't have a spyder already, I would have considered this car if it weren't for the sport seats. It's bad enough that they opted out of the buckets. The 'all' red seats make the car red overkill. The sport buckets would have had black inserts to 'balance' out the car nicely.

You're stuck with those seats on that car. All black carbon buckets to replace won't look right, and you can't order red/black buckets without shelling out a fortune.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
Any wagers as to how many tens of thousands off sticker it'll take to move the car?
Originally Posted by orthojoe
Assuming I didn't have a spyder already, I would have considered this car if it weren't for the sport seats. It's bad enough that they opted out of the buckets. The 'all' red seats make the car red overkill. The sport buckets would have had black inserts to 'balance' out the car nicely.

You're stuck with those seats on that car. All black carbon buckets to replace won't look right, and you can't order red/black buckets without shelling out a fortune.
So if someone wants to add Sport Buckets they would probably need to spend about $10K between acquiring the seats and having them recovered. I would expect that to be what any buyer would want off the MSRP of the car.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
So if someone wants to add Sport Buckets they would probably need to spend about $10K between acquiring the seats and having them recovered. I would expect that to be what any buyer would want off the MSRP of the car.
Plus the facts that it's used, already a full MY old, and has "451" miles. Take this car to auction, and it'll tank.

With the options specified, MSRP was probably $72-73. Dealer probably brought the car from the decedent's estate for mid-to-low fifties. Asking $65 for it... unless the right buyer comes along, I'd say high fifties will make the car move, maybe less. It would be interesting to call around to get trade-in prices for this configuration.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think it's a bad color combo once the bucket seats are installed although having deviating carpeting would definitely make it more attractive.

I say high 50's will move it quickly. 456 miles is barely used and as long as it's not cosmetically flawed it can be considered new to someone who wants a Spyder.

It will be interesting to see what happens to prices with the new model right around the corner now.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had the scratch, I would be on my way to buying this right now. It's new enough to not matter, and someone else already took the depreciation hit (unfortunately, the deceased)...
Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Wow, no buckets and then the sports seats are not heated. (the real benefit to sports seats vs buckets)
Anyway I've tracked two (small sample I agree) cars that recently sold without AC, a Carrara white with PDK here in Raleigh and recently a Guards Red, posted on Rennlist, and both sold below $60k. I'd be willing to wager that any Spyder without AC will not get over regardless of other options.

Quick Reply: '11 Spyder for Sale with no A/C & no Radio!