Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

GT3 RS 4.0 steering wheel on my spyder

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Z356,
Thanks for all the information. I am now more informed for my next Porsche, which I don't have planned yet, but am sure will happen at some point. It looks like all your research will pay off well as your car will be quite unique.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 AM
WAY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Car will be here in about one week and I will take photos. Attached is one shot of the black carpets in my Spyder with the 'Carrera Red' interior that my dealer sent ahead. Saludos, z356
Love this leather piece! Does anyone know if there is a way to order this retrospectively in cocoa?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Where there is a will, there is a way, Way! Yes, I ordered it from a US dealer that has a wholesale parts business - Suncoast - for my .1 997 S (Signal Green). That was back in March and they were nearly US$1K. Mine were in regular black leather and, at the time, they could have been ordered them in any of the colors Porsche offered. Here is the rub for Cocoa, mate. It is no longer being offered on any vehicle at Zuffenhausen. It was dropped as a leather color option a few months back. So they may not be able to do them for you if they have run out of the leather. But it is best to contact them and ask - via your dealer or direct to Porsche Exclusive.

Saw photos of your Black/cocoa Spyder at the other thread. Beautiful! What part of 'down under' are you from? Saludos, z356
Old 09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
WAY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Where there is a will, there is a way, Way! Yes, I ordered it from a US dealer that has a wholesale parts business - Suncoast - for my .1 997 S (Signal Green). That was back in March and they were nearly US$1K. Mine were in regular black leather and, at the time, they could have been ordered them in any of the colors Porsche offered. Here is the rub for Cocoa, mate. It is no longer being offered on any vehicle at Zuffenhausen. It was dropped as a leather color option a few months back. So they may not be able to do them for you if they have run out of the leather. But it is best to contact them and ask - via your dealer or direct to Porsche Exclusive.

Saw photos of your Black/cocoa Spyder at the other thread. Beautiful! What part of 'down under' are you from? Saludos, z356
Thanks for the info! I will ask my dealer tomorrow. My dealer is actually owned by the factory, so if they can't get it then no one can I suppose. I am in Melbourne.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS 4.0 steering wheel on my spyder