Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Sport bucket seat adjust

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 02:31 AM
jfl503
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For you tall guys (with seat lowering rails), is this rennline kit a solution to fitting the belt receptacle? Are OEM sleeve spacers really 40$ each...??

https://www.rennline.com/Harness-Mou...ductinfo/SA03/
Old 05-15-2024, 12:42 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 183 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
All installed. My goal was to increase the seat rake as that’s most comfortable for me. At the same time, given my 6’ 4” height, I needed to maintain the gap between my legs and the steering wheel.

To do that, I kept the front at OE height and dropped the rear mount one hole. This increased rake by 4 degrees. I have not measured headroom as was not hitting it before but it should have increased by 16.5mm or 0.65”.

Luckily I had some seat belt fittings in my stash otherwise I couldn’t have installed the rails as supplied. The challenges are as follows:

1. There are no instructions with the rails.

2. The after market rails have threads inside the rails whereas the OE rails have raised threaded collets. This means you need longer bolts. The seat belt side can be fastened with the OE bolt but I was uncomfortable with the number of threads engaged.

3. The seat belt receptacle is concave. You need to use a collet etc to make it fit.

4. While the seat bolts in with the rails, I believe the method used for the front is twisting the rail underneath. It didn’t fit as easily as OE. I can’t be bothered playing with it but i would look at longer front bolts and collets.
Hi John. You and others have been really helpful in this thread.

Would you still recommend these lowering rails? Any issues with rubbing or marring the carbon fiber?

For #3, I think I understand what you are saying based on the shape of the bottom of the seat belt buckle loop that attaches to the seat. For #4, are you saying that you'd also recommend some sort of spacer or collet between the new rail and the side of the seat for the front bolt? As I understand your earlier post, Cantrell provides a spacer for the rear bolt, but not the front.

Quick Reply: Sport bucket seat adjust