Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Price to pay for a Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:28 AM
optimaxed
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Price to pay for a Spyder

What price should I be paying for a non-CPO syder (MSRP approx $70k) with 15k miles ?
Can anyone comment please ?
Old 06-05-2011, 06:35 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Originally Posted by optimaxed
What price should I be paying for a non-CPO syder (MSRP approx $70k) with 15k miles ?
Can anyone comment please ?
You need to specify more info:

1. What specific options? some options are desired more than others. MSRP means nothing if the options are wrong.

2. Where is the Spyder located? Price will vary based on location.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 AM
optimaxed
Advanced

Car has
Heated seats, xenons, ACC, dimming mirror, sound package/radio, sport chrono, roll bar, dials and sport chrono finisned in carrera white, upgraded wheel center caps.
Located in the SE
thanks
Old 06-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Somewhere around $5k below what they are asking...$57k. Option list is not that desirable imho, plus no sport buckets, no sport exhaust.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:03 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at 185 and 6' I fit the buckets fine, but I prefer the bun warmers which are not available in buckets.

CG-locks work just fine if you're not tracking and want a more snug fit. this is a wonderful street sports car, but not a track tool in any sense but a little clean fun so you can see it's limits which I suspect are quite good and more than adequate for getting a driver into trouble on the street. Enjoy it for what it is. If ya wanna track a 996 GT-3, built right can be had more inexpensively than one of these and is all most guys can eat...

15000 mi is a LOT. that would be the point for me

don't mean to negate other's POV, just stating mine...
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
optimaxed
Advanced

Thanks Dave, that's what I offered and they said NO !

Why do you think Sport Buckets are desirable ? When I lived in the UK I had the sports buckets on my E46 M3 CSL and Audi RS4 and found they lacked lumbar support but had great shoulder support. Also it they were a squeeze in the butt and thigh department !
Old 06-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

I prefer the shoulder and thigh support over the lumbar support. For me those seats are the perfect fit, and offer some weight savings (I think) over the p77 sport seats.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Btw, there's a similarly optioned white car with CPO at Autobahn in Texas for the same asking price and 1/3 the miles.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:35 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

Because it's one of many options that identifies itself as a Spyder. It's a no cost standard item that would otherwise cost a chunk of change on any other model. Personally I would never consider a Spyder without them... Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Why do you think Sport Buckets are desirable ? When I lived in the UK I had the sports buckets on my E46 M3 CSL and Audi RS4 and found they lacked lumbar support but had great shoulder support. Also it they were a squeeze in the butt and thigh department !
If you have never tried the sport buckets out, you owe it to yourself to so before buying a car just so you can make an educated choice.

There are lots of guys here that like them, as it goes with the weight saving theme of the Spyder.

I tried the sport buckets and I just didn't like them. I find the standard sport seats more comfortable, signficantly easier to get in and out of, and on a cold day having heated seats lengthens the top open driving season if you live in a colder climate.

Go to a dealer, try both types of seats, and then decide which seats you would prefer in a car.

Best regards and good luck,
Dino
Old 06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dino944
If you have never tried the sport buckets out, you owe it to yourself to so before buying a car just so you can make an educated choice.

There are lots of guys here that like them, as it goes with the weight saving theme of the Spyder.

I tried the sport buckets and I just didn't like them. I find the standard sport seats more comfortable, signficantly easier to get in and out of, and on a cold day having heated seats lengthens the top open driving season if you live in a colder climate.

Go to a dealer, try both types of seats, and then decide which seats you would prefer in a car.

Best regards and good luck,
Dino
+1
I love the sport bucket seats, but they sit too high in the Boxster/Cayman for me. I hated having to get the (less expensive, heavier) P77 seats, then pay extra to get alcantara inserts. The only thing worse would have been to buy the Sport Buckets and find that they didn't work for me in the car.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 PM
optimaxed
Advanced

Thanks for all your feedback and comments regarding the (non-heated) bucket seats !

Are they a pain to get out of ? (especially with the roof on)
Old 06-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I agree with Dino, go give them a try before deciding. Personally I tried both and I preferred the Buckets. If I had to do it all over again I would definitely get them again! Lately when I sit in other seats I feel like I'm not really part of the car, more like floating on top. The Sport Buckets embrace you and IMHO add to the already incredible feedback the Spyder offers. Once you have had the buckets for a few weeks every other seat just doesn't feel right.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Thanks for all your feedback and comments regarding the (non-heated) bucket seats !

Are they a pain to get out of ? (especially with the roof on)
Well they are definitely not as easy as a regular seat but once you figure out how to get in and out they aren't bad. I've found that placing your right leg into the car and then moving your rear into the seat while placing the palm of your left hand on the door sill is the not bad at all. It took me two weeks to figure this out and it's been easy every since.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:59 PM
pcw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I opted for the P77's and have mentioned it often. They were just a hassle to get in and out of. I love the look of the sport buckets but with no movement and the high side bolsters, just didn't work for me. I also added the heat. After a year of owning my car, I would still have made the same decision and ordered the P77's, they are great seats in their own right, maybe not an over priced sport bucket with carbon fiber, but to each their own.

pcw

Quick Reply: Price to pay for a Spyder