Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Cayman R or Boxster Spyder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
bbbradley
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After having been a roadster owner for the last 11 summers I don't think I could give up the top down experience. Granted my top down drive is not nearly as quick as anything from Porsche, but it is still a fun ride.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spyder. It looks a ton more sexy.
Anyone can make a Cayman look like a "R".
Old 05-30-2011, 11:38 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by batty
PS. Make sure you get PSE!
I would have previously agreed, and did spec PSE on my Spyder, however if doing it over I now believe there is only one choice I swapped my PSE out and installed a Capristo full system (http://www.capristoexhaust.us/Capris...r-p/boxter.htm).

HP/TQ gain, valved for choice of sound level on the fly (key fob), 39lbs weight reduction off the ***, Ferrari sound. This is the ultimate Spyder set-up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scu7f3uQEK4

Originally Posted by Plavan
Spyder. It looks a ton more sexy.
Anyone can make a Cayman look like a "R".
Cayman vs Cayman R- various parts bin bits.

Boxster vs Spyder- So many changes not enough room to list.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Definitely the Spyder.

The Spyder is without a doubt unique and can not be easily duplicated. It's also one of the nicest Porsche designs since the 1998 993 C2S. The curves are perfect and nothing looks out of proportion. It also looks good from every angle which is rare these days. The design draws a ton of attention and is popular with every generation of car enthusiast. The top is a work of art and very well designed. It isn't difficult to install/remove, about 4 minutes if you take your time and if you want a partial convertible experience you can always leave the back off and roll the windows down.

More importantly it's a convertible which heightens the driving experience with the incredible exhaust sounds, mild breeze in the cabin, the smells from the surroundings like the autumn leaves, ocean air, woods and my favorite fresh cut grass.

I can't think of a better way to spend time behind the wheel than my Spyder. It is without question a car worth holding on to.

If I had to do it all over again I would probably add PCCB's to the option list but my primary reason for this is to reduce the amount of brake dust , no rusty rotors, better braking for the track (although I doubt I will track more than once or twice) and reduced maintenance.

Quick Reply: Cayman R or Boxster Spyder?