Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Post pics of your Spyder.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what camera/lens you use? those shots are awesome
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
great pics! any go-pro?
As requested. From Thunderhill. Best lap time recorded is 2:12, top speed on straightaway 126mph. Definitely much more room for improvement. Not with a go-pro, but should suffice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dE1jMcmmOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFET29wOh9o
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

awesome!!!! thank you.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
TheKane
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Spyder Pics

Here are some of mine.
Attached Images     
Old 04-29-2011, 03:26 PM
bensf
Racer

Originally Posted by orthojoe
^Damn! Those are some awesome pics! Love the blue spyder! I'm giving the spyder a rest from the track for a while. Time to switch back to my Evo X for the next few track events. Let me know when you plan on going back to the track! I still haven't decided on my next event yet.. maybe infineon in July.
The photographer really has an eye for cars. I was trying for Infineon on May 19th with HOD but have a work conflict. I may do Thunderhill with HOD in June. Which organization at Infineon in July?

Originally Posted by mile2424
The blue spyder looks great!!!!
Thanks, love the white. White was my first choice but couldn't locate one optioned the way I wanted back in October and went with the blue.

Originally Posted by allegretto
Mile 2424, is that New Orleans or...???

benSF- looks like Aqua Blue, my GT-3 color. About my favorite Blue Porsche makes, a little less red/purple than Cobalt. Gorgeous.

Waiting for the rain to stop here...
Yes, it's Aqua Blue. Bought it sight unseen. I'm surprised at how much attention it gets. I hope it doesn't turn into a speeding ticket magnet. Trying to limit all my speeding to the track.

Originally Posted by orthojoe
As requested. From Thunderhill. Best lap time recorded is 2:12, top speed on straightaway 126mph. Definitely much more room for improvement. Not with a go-pro, but should suffice.
Great job. I can only get up to 116mph on the front straight and 2:24. I would love have your lap time.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by bensf
The photographer really has an eye for cars. I was trying for Infineon on May 19th with HOD but have a work conflict. I may do Thunderhill with HOD in June. Which organization at Infineon in July?

Great job. I can only get up to 116mph on the front straight and 2:24. I would love have your lap time.
Thanks. It took about 5 HPDEs before I really started to get the hang of things and started to get better lap times, so you'll be there soon enough.

The July 1st event at infineon is with Trackmasters. They are a good group to run with, but not quite as novice friendly as HOD. If you decide to run with HOD in June, let me know.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your Spyder.....