Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

996 TT to Boxster Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the turbo's are all AWD. if i sell this RS, i will miss the fun of the RWD slip that is oh so easy to induce when you crack it off start.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Funny but my 02 Boxster also can be driven at 100mph (or more) for as long as I choose to do so. The car is a roadster, obviously, but it has some GT characteristics, too. I would dare say this is true of all modern Porsches.

Modern Porsches (and I suspect older Porsches too but I've never driven one) are very fine cars and are extremely stable and well-planted at speed and are imminently suited for high speed cruising.

This is not the sole realm of the Turbos.

(As an aside, my 03 Turbo can of course also cruise at 100mph all day long the only real difference between it the Boxster (besides the V-max difference which I have yet to obtain in either car) is the Turbo requires more frequent gas stops.)

Sincerely,

Macster.

Hi Macster,

Perhaps I did not convey my friend's statement clearly enough, and/or possibly you are focusing a little too much on my first statement about the car being able to cruise all day at triple digit speeds.

His statement, "That it was so drama free that you could practically drive it at 100+ mph with one hand on the wheel and drinking a soda at the same time," was in his mind (and mine also) a testiment to how capable and effortlessly it could be driven with very little driver input.

He had thought the 996TT would be his dream car. He spec'd it exactly how he wanted it. He even had some mods done to bump up the power. However, for him the 996TT was just not as much fun to drive as some other Porsches or other brands of cars he had owned.

No car can be everything to everyone, and for him it was probably not a good fit.

Best regards,
Dino

Quick Reply: 996 TT to Boxster Spyder