Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder, Which Color Combo???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Dig-It
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I think that's the best!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

After thinking about it and looking at many pictures of the various colors I'm stuck between:

White/Black Interior Full Leather and Black Wheels
Black/Black Interior Full Leather

The white looks really good and I will say that very few cars really look good in white. The Black remains a favorite since I love the challenge of keeping a black car.

My only worry with white is that I plan on using a clear bra but the car will be indoors at all times except for when I'm driving it or at a car show. Hmmm
Old 01-15-2011, 10:37 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

black/cocoa.

or.....black/black.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
batty
Instructor

Afshin, I wanted a black spyder, and when it looks good, it looks the best, but in some photos the black top and the black body don't mesh well. In others they do? I wonder if its a product of lighting, maybe the guys with the black ones can chime in.

I went with white because it always looks good. Top down, top up. And, of course it was what the dealer had. I really felt I needed to see black in person with the top up to make a call and I never got the chance.

If I had it to do over I would make a greater effort to travel in person and see a black car. Not because the white looks bad, it doesn't. But a black syder with the boxster delete and a solo red spyder badge looks so hot!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

I have red with black full leather
Old 01-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've seen the black/black with top down in person and it was stunning. I've seen white/black in person also and I also thought it was awesome.

The thing about black is that I am a detailing perfectionist and I know I can make it look like a pool of oil.

I'm not too worried about how the top looks since it will be off of the car most of the time unless I get caught in the rain.

Heading to the dealer today and I'm going to have to make a decision......
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Dig-It
Advanced

Good luck!
Old 01-15-2011, 01:51 PM
wbgordon
Racer

I'm obviously partial to black/black, sans the stripe. I do think white with black wheels looks spectacular. I've yet to see one in silver but that probably looks great, too. I think the black wheels set off virtually any exterior color nicely.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:32 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wbgordon
I'm obviously partial to black/black, sans the stripe. I do think white with black wheels looks spectacular. I've yet to see one in silver but that probably looks great, too. I think the black wheels set off virtually any exterior color nicely.

nice wheels - are those HREs in 18"?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:40 AM
wbgordon
Racer

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
nice wheels - are those HREs in 18"?
That's just a photo off the net that I grabbed, though I can tell you those are 19-inch wheels, same as in my av. Don't know the manufacturer.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

So I haven't put a deposit down yet. I have two potential dealers to buy from and the one I prefer needs to verify the slot. I'm also hearing that paint to sample is available which completely changes everything for me.

I may opt for a custom color and forego the full leather. Or if they can delay the delivery a couple of months I will go for both.

The possibilities are endless with paint to sample.....
Old 01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I may opt for a custom color and forego the full leather. Or if they can delay the delivery a couple of months I will go for both.

The possibilities are endless with paint to sample.....
Indeed! A PtS Spyder, in Viper Green? with Air and a radio and you are good to go. Sure full leather's nice but PtS will put a larger smile on your face every day.
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Afshin,

Which dealers are indicating that PTS is available for the Spyder?

Thank you,

Steve

"only1buck"
Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you can do PTS, and you decide to go that route, keep a second choice in mind. I only know one guy personally that went with PTS on a 997S. He wanted a certain color yellow that Porsche had offered many years ago. Anyway, a while after placing the order, the dealer called and told him Porsche was having trouble duplicating the color and that Porsche told them the customer would have to choose another color. So the guy was them scrambling to find another color that he wanted. It's the only time I heard of that happening, so hopefully you won't run into that issue. I can't remember if the color he originally wanted was metallic or not.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 01-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dino944
If you can do PTS, and you decide to go that route, keep a second choice in mind. I only know one guy personally that went with PTS on a 997S. He wanted a certain color yellow that Porsche had offered many years ago. Anyway, a while after placing the order, the dealer called and told him Porsche was having trouble duplicating the color and that Porsche told them the customer would have to choose another color. So the guy was them scrambling to find another color that he wanted. It's the only time I heard of that happening, so hopefully you won't run into that issue. I can't remember if the color he originally wanted was metallic or not.

Best regards,
Dino
I've heard this happens very frequently even with colors which Porsche had offered in the 80's and 90's.

I really like the platinum silver, hadn't seen it on any other spyders and didn't know what to expect. I may go with the platinum silver with black full leather after seeing it......but I'm still going to check on the PTS.

Quick Reply: Spyder, Which Color Combo???