Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987 Spyder Alignment Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 07:47 AM
alemaniac
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach L
It's not really camber that causes premature wear; it's toe. Neutral toes means you can get away with quite a lot of camber. I would run about -2.3 since you have the GT3 LCAs to do it.

I do 3-5 track events per year and occasional autocross, but 85% of my driving is spirited street driving. I run -2.3 to -2.4 up front.
-2.3 up front Camber?
rear a tad more (-) then?
How about toe? Better going for 0?

appreciate the help @Zach L

Old 10-05-2022, 02:29 PM
Zach L
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by alemaniac
-2.3 up front Camber?
rear a tad more (-) then?
How about toe? Better going for 0?

appreciate the help @Zach L
Dedicated track cars will be -3.0 or more camber for front, with street/track cars running somewhere between -2.7 to -2.3 front camber. Whatever the case, you'll want to run the same or less camber in the rear, to deter understeer.

Most are going to run 0 toe up front, and the biggest question is rear toe - it comes down to personal preference between braking stability and cornering. Here's my current settings after installing the GT3 LCAs. Done at a shop near COTA that sets up a ton of Porsches. This is pretty typical and somewhat mild for a car that sees the track... very streetable.

Last edited by Zach L; 10-05-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:21 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach L
Dedicated track cars will be -3.0 or more camber for front, with street/track cars running somewhere between -2.7 to -2.3 front camber. Whatever the case, you'll want to run the same or less camber in the rear, to deter understeer.

Most are going to run 0 toe up front, and the biggest question is rear toe - it comes down to personal preference between braking stability and cornering. Here's my current settings after installing the GT3 LCAs. Done at a shop near COTA that sets up a ton of Porsches. This is pretty typical and somewhat mild for a car that sees the track... very streetable.

Awesome and thanks so much!! Very helpful.

Quick Reply: 987 Spyder Alignment Numbers