Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

SPB West Coast Tour - 2018

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 10:27 AM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPB West Coast Tour - 2018

These kinds of trips take awhile to plan but wanted to start getting organized now.

This year - a couple of Texas SPB racers joined me for an east coast tour. We did Road Atlanta as our east "head up" race and have kept our cars, trailer and hauler in NJ. Then we've been flying in, driving our truck/trailer to Limerock, Watkins, and Monticello. We are finishing up with NJMP and then Summit will be our return "head back" to Texas trip.

Provost has supported us both between races and at the track and I couldn't recommend them higher. Amazing group who will do anything to make sure you stay on the track. Trust me, I've tested them with some shenanigans and never missed a race.

Now we want to do the same thing in 2018 but on the West Coast and race Thunderhill, Auto Club, Buttonwillow, Laguna, Sonoma, and the return "back to Texas" trip will be Utah Motorsports.

Now that you have the backdrop. I'm looking for help on:
Who is the "Provost of the West" that we can rely on for off and on track support that will show up to most of the races above? I'd like to be in the San Jose area as that seems to be the most central to all the tracks and have less driving to wherever I'm going to be storing our rig and near a decent airport.

Any feedback or input would be very appreciated! We look forward to bringing some numbers out west with some Texas racers your way. I did that at Laguna a couple years ago and had a blast - great group of SPBs out there.

Last edited by FeuerRacing; 07-18-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:55 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow - that is some cool stuff. Livin the dream Chris.

{{{jealous}}}
Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

Whew. Does that mean the East can get back to normal in 2018? Now if we can just get Todd Lamb to go full-time MX5, Hunt McMahon to go full-time modeling, and Robbie Provost to retire to the old folks' home...
Old 07-18-2017, 11:17 AM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Originally Posted by PLNewman
Whew. Does that mean the East can get back to normal in 2018? Now if we can just get Todd Lamb to go full-time MX5, Hunt McMahon to go full-time modeling, and Robbie Provost to retire to the old folks' home...
HAHA! I'm still thinking of renting one of Robbie's SPBs for the big races.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:30 AM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

2018 will be my first year in SPB, but I would be interested in future 'coast adventures'.

I told my wife I wouldn't start my shenanigans until my daughter heads to college in fall 2018 (but I'll sneak in CoTA in spring).

Btw, someone has to be the back marker to get in the way of all those fast SP1s so the SPBs can go play.

Mike
Mike
Old 07-18-2017, 12:12 PM
C4 Pazzo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That sounds like a great plan, Chris.

BRRacing has supported club racers at all those events and is located in Los Gatos, right next to San Jose.

SP Motorsports also supports club racers. They're further up HWY880 in Hayward.

TRG recently announced they are again supporting club racers. They're about 20 minutes from Sears Point in Petaluma.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:49 PM
katmeho
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've run full arrive and drive with BRR most of this season on the west coast and they got me to COTA this year as well. Extremely happy with them and their support. PM with questions or more needs.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:04 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just hope the west coast gang will be ready for you.
You blew our doors off at MMC!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:16 PM
PLNewman
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts

He blows everyone's doors off. He practices. He reviews videos. He does data. He has a simulator. He lives at a race track. Seriously...he LIVES at a race track.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:26 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

I was thinking about a swing to Mosport and Road America next year or I might join you for part of the tour. Laguna Seca would be great if it wasn't the same weekend as the glen. I couldn't agree more on Provost Motorsports. Max will get it done if it's possible. Now if I could just have a ride along mech. when parts fall off.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:58 PM
Yellow996
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

Chris, with your schedule IMSA or World Challenge might be cheaper!

You're spot on with the work of the Provost team!

Scott, come race at Daytona with me!
Old 07-18-2017, 04:59 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PLNewman
He blows everyone's doors off. He practices. He reviews videos. He does data. He has a simulator. He lives at a race track. Seriously...he LIVES at a race track.
He shattered the track record at MMC IN THE MORNING WARMUP for crying out loud!
Old 07-18-2017, 05:13 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow996

You're spot on with the work of the Provost team!

Scott, come race at Daytona with me!
Your car has been there a few times, it should know it's way around. I'm thinking Pitt this year. I'll do Daytona next year if I don't do Sebring. Still up in the air on that. If they would bring back the Night Race...
Old 07-18-2017, 08:39 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

If you are serious I'll build a car - just texted you
Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 PM
FeuerRacing
Instructor

Originally Posted by txhokie4life
2018 will be my first year in SPB, but I would be interested in future 'coast adventures'.
Come practice with us as MSR - everything is off-chamber and it will make you fast - especially when the track is wet as the sealer turns it to an ice rink regarding grip...

Originally Posted by C4 Pazzo
That sounds like a great plan, Chris. BRRacing has supported club racers at all those events and is located in Los Gatos, right next to San Jose.

SP Motorsports also supports club racers. They're further up HWY880 in Hayward.

TRG recently announced they are again supporting club racers. They're about 20 minutes from Sears Point in Petaluma.
Thank you for this - will reach out to them. We're already considering TRG on the list as one of the racers going did a PWC event with them.

Originally Posted by katmeho
I've run full arrive and drive with BRR most of this season on the west coast and they got me to COTA this year as well. Extremely happy with them and their support. PM with questions or more needs.
PM Coming

Originally Posted by gums
I just hope the west coast gang will be ready for you. You blew our doors off at MMC!
They're getting a pretty good head's up and should give them and us something to shoot for.

Originally Posted by sbelles
I was thinking about a swing to Mosport and Road America next year or I might join you for part of the tour. Laguna Seca would be great if it wasn't the same weekend as the glen. I couldn't agree more on Provost Motorsports. Max will get it done if it's possible. Now if I could just have a ride along mech. when parts fall off.
Let's see how it plays out on the schedule as it might not overlap. I'm sure Max can jump on a plane and get to the westcoast as well.

Originally Posted by Yellow996
Some day the goal is to move up - with the east and west coast adventures the Feuer Racing team has taken - we're building experience for those events. But right now - it's not in the cards but hope it will be soon.

Originally Posted by gums
He shattered the track record at MMC IN THE MORNING WARMUP for crying out loud!
Although it was almost 80 degrees. Most all track records are in the morning because the cool air makes the cars breathe and they have more power! Was fun to pull off though.

Originally Posted by audipwr1
If you are serious I'll build a car - just texted you
Replied back... plenty of good cars on the market if you decide to do something last minute. But we're 100% doing this so long as I'm still alive and not in prison.

Quick Reply: SPB West Coast Tour - 2018