Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Strut/Suspension failure already? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 911 Strut/Suspension failure already? Help!!!

Hey guys, 2024 911 base, 4k miles. I baby this thing and have absolutely no idea how this could even happen.

1. Is this covered under warranty?
2. Exactly what is the issue?

This really sucks. It doesn't seem to drive different. I only noticed it today when I was inflating my tires a bit.

Please and thank you!

Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
3520MMF
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks like a shipping transport puck left in to me.
The following 4 users liked this post by 3520MMF:
Capaldi (Yesterday), mattchow (Yesterday), russbert (Yesterday), TimD (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Wat?!?
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
null
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 223 Posts

Yup.

I'm surprised you didn't notice it handling like crap.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8442...in-shocks.html
The following users liked this post:
Capaldi (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Its not handling like crap. TBH it's my first 911 but its handling fine. No funny noises, no pulling right or left. Worst part is its already been to the dealer once for a window repair. They said they did a thorough inspection and everything looked fine. I am literally scratching my head here.
Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

That orange thing is a shipping block and not part of the suspension. Try to remove that orange shipping block. It may improve your ride quality if it was impeding your suspension travel.
Capaldi (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Hey, Yes I'm reading up on this now. I am going to have THEM remove it and replace any damage it probably caused after 4k miles have already been driven. This is unbelievable. Not only do I feel stupid for not having seen it after 6 months but I'm also pretty furious at the complacency at the dealership.

I take full responsibility for not having seen it this whole time, but wtf man?!?
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Unfortunately it's something that's not too uncommon for Porsche and other brands as well. In fact, I've seen this on pretty much every single forum I've been on for all the cars I've owned. Generally, it's immediately noticeable b/c the ride quality is bad and/or the car looks raised a bit.
M3Inline6 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

The ride seemed a bit 'stiff' to begin with but I came from a 2022 Porsche Macan GTS so everything seemed stiff compared to it. Other than that, there really was no indication this was left in. No funny noises, no weird bumps or grinds. I feel like an idiot though, so thats cool.
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 447 Likes on 216 Posts

So in 2021 I purchased a new Mustang Mach-1 from a Ford dealer 90 miles from my house (only dealer that had the color I wanted). Drove it home, front end felt overly stiff to me so I opened the hood and then I looked behind the front wheels (just as your pics do) and sure enough they had left the shipping blocks in place. (yours look all fubared up, mine were still in one piece) Next day I called and talked to the service manager, he said no way that would happen.....I snapped some pics and sent them to him. I jacked up the car and removed them myself. I waited about three days to hear back from the service manager but never did. So I brainstormed a bit and called the office department about a week later and asked for the title clerk and asked her to "verify my VIN number",(ha-ha) so she did. Then I asked her if the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) sheet happened to be in my file, she said yes, I said can you scan it and send me a copy for my records? And she said sure, no problem, and she did! It showed that their Ford Technician had checked the box that he had removed the shipping blocks and both the tech and the service manager signed off on doing so. Couple of days later I sent a copy off to said service manager and asked him to call me back on this matter. I am still waiting on his call........

Sorry this same thing happened to you on a new Porsche, mine caused no damage, but were only in for the 90 mile drive home but like you I was super p/o'd that it happened, let us know your outcome please.
The following 2 users liked this post by Motorin Mark:
Capaldi (Yesterday), Icegrill (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Motorin Mark
So in 2021 I purchased a new Mustang Mach-1 from a Ford dealer 90 miles from my house (only dealer that had the color I wanted). Drove it home, front end felt overly stiff to me so I opened the hood and then I looked behind the front wheels (just as your pics do) and sure enough they had left the shipping blocks in place. (yours look all fubared up, mine were still in one piece) Next day I called and talked to the service manager, he said no way that would happen.....I snapped some pics and sent them to him. I jacked up the car and removed them myself. I waited about three days to hear back from the service manager but never did. So I brainstormed a bit and called the office department about a week later and asked for the title clerk and asked her to "verify my VIN number",(ha-ha) so she did. Then I asked her if the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) sheet happened to be in my file, she said yes, I said can you scan it and send me a copy for my records? And she said sure, no problem, and she did! It showed that their Ford Technician had checked the box that he had removed the shipping blocks and both the tech and the service manager signed off on doing so. Couple of days later I sent a copy off to said service manager and asked him to call me back on this matter. I am still waiting on his call........

Sorry this same thing happened to you on a new Porsche, mine caused no damage, but were only in for the 90 mile drive home but like you I was super p/o'd that it happened, let us know your outcome please.
Wow! I'm sorry that happened to you as well. Victims of complacency. I'm going to ask for the PDI report like you did as well so thank you for that. I'm also going to insist they change the suspension, do an alignment and whatever else I can think of. I'll keep everyone posted. My service appointment is tomorrow. Everyone keeps asking how I never noticed, especially after 4k miles. I just don't know.
Motorin Mark (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:54 PM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 447 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Capaldi
Wow! I'm sorry that happened to you as well. Victims of complacency. I'm going to ask for the PDI report like you did as well so thank you for that. I'm also going to insist they change the suspension, do an alignment and whatever else I can think of. I'll keep everyone posted. My service appointment is tomorrow. Everyone keeps asking how I never noticed, especially after 4k miles. I just don't know.
I have heard of other Mustang GT owners not noticing for years so don't beat yourself up too badly and remember coming from a Macan, the 911 would feel stiffer too and with no noises or funny stuff going on through your steering wheel, I can see how you may not notice it.

Getting the PDI sheet takes a bit of trickery as I did above because it may show that they removed them (when clearly they did not) and they won't necessarily want you to see that. It should be in the title/paperwork office at the dealership and in your original purchase file, so I would start there on that item. I would go in calm and then escalate things if necessary.
Capaldi (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Capaldi
Intermediate

Roger that. Thanks bro.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
NYG1121
Instructor

Received 144 Likes on 59 Posts

This happened to me a few years ago with a base 992. It was my first 911 and I was so disappointed that the ride quality was so bad… until I discovered this! Definitely let the dealership hear it
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
jbl16
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 105 Posts

Yeah they didn't remove the shipping pucks...

Quick Reply: 911 Strut/Suspension failure already? Help!!!