Sponsored by:

Few pics from Monterey Car Week....Werks Reunion 2024

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Few pics from Monterey Car Week....Werks Reunion 2024

Always fun stuff to be seen, these are mostly from Werks and a few from the Barn.....lots of skittles around....

The following 16 users liked this post by mile2424:
911Vintage (Today), 95spiderman (Today), AlexCeres (Today), Apex Ace (Yesterday), Breen (Today), BruceT (Yesterday), DanHalen (Yesterday), Diablo Dude (Today), dixonk (Yesterday), EMdoc (Yesterday), FTS (Today), gman3280 (Yesterday), Mase408 (Today), Northshore04 (Today), PHX (Today), Yc911Kid (Today) and 11 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM
DanHalen
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pics. thanks for sharing
Old Yesterday, 10:03 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Anyone else think Porsche was uninspiring this year at the Quail & MCW in general, I mean a Turbo50 and 993 Speedster, that's it?
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,209 Likes on 2,078 Posts

I can’t afford anything there, but what’s up with Porsche? Every “new” model is a nod to some model produced XX years ago. It’s like new movies that are all just a remake of something that was really cool a long time ago.

I’m fairly new to Porsches, is this something they’ve always done through the last 75 years?
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 102 Posts

Fun event. I got a selfie with Andreas Preuninger here lol
Old Today, 12:08 AM
Breen
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I can’t afford anything there, but what’s up with Porsche? Every “new” model is a nod to some model produced XX years ago. It’s like new movies that are all just a remake of something that was really cool a long time ago.

I’m fairly new to Porsches, is this something they’ve always done through the last 75 years?
yes of course
honoring the past (minus that whole WWII oops) while blazing the trail

They could be more like mercedes I suppose and try to reinvent the model line every 5 years
Old Today, 10:25 AM
Hlac399
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These are awesome collections!!!
Old Today, 11:20 AM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Porsche was MIA all week. Missed opportunity to court loyal owners and enthusiasts.
Also, the Werks Reunion was a clusterf**c due to the manner in which traffic and parking were managed. Over an hour to travel the last 2k to the event and not much better departing.
Old Today, 01:19 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj
Porsche was MIA all week. Missed opportunity to court loyal owners and enthusiasts.
Also, the Werks Reunion was a clusterf**c due to the manner in which traffic and parking were managed. Over an hour to travel the last 2k to the event and not much better departing.
Sadly, the Reunion has become such a clusterf**ck traffic-wise that I've found myself doing little more than hanging out at a friend's place in Tehama and going across the street to The Quail.

Old Today, 01:36 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Also, Porsche never brings the good stuff/new stuff to Werks, it's always the Quail followed by the Porsche party at the Barns. The level of disrespect to owners is nothing short of embarrassing. (not that this year they brought anything new!)

Porsche, how about an actual reveal at the Werks? Ferrari for all their issues would reveal to owners first, then the press!
Old Today, 01:42 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 101 Posts

nice pics, thanks for sharing. i was heading out of the area at 11am saturday and yes, traffic was worse than horrible. i wldve prob turned around if i was going south. staying at a friends or overnight at a hotel, or leaving at butt early in the morning will do it too. i left the south bay at 8:30am and it was free sailing taking watsonville road over the hill. i was alone on the road and it was super fun!

Quick Reply: Few pics from Monterey Car Week....Werks Reunion 2024