Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beige interior with gray Alcantara steering and shift knob ???

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:17 AM
flat6---
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool Beige interior with gray Alcantara steering and shift **** ???

Hello everyone,

Can you post any pictures ?

Thanks!!!
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

That doesn't sound like a great combination.
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM
flat6---
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petza914
That doesn't sound like a great combination.
Well, I wasn’t asking for an opinion.

If you read the post, I am asking for pictures.

Thank you!
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM
TheMurse
Racer

Received 577 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by flat6---
Well, I wasn’t asking for an opinion.

If you read the post, I am asking for pictures.

Thank you!
I don't think Pete, or anyone else, is gonna have a picture of that combo. Ask yourself why.
The following users liked this post:
Petza914 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
flat6---
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheMurse
I don't think Pete, or anyone else, is gonna have a picture of that combo. Ask yourself why.
Well, thanks.

If anyone has, please post them.

One more time, I am not asking for opinions.

which BTW, you are giving me yours and asking me to ask myself. I’m not interested in your opinion, it doesn’t mean anything to me.

Especially because I didn’t ask for them.

Best,

Last edited by flat6---; Yesterday at 11:57 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
dmpslc
Racer

Received 278 Likes on 143 Posts

You might try to find beige with black and use your imagination/photoshop to lighten the black. I can't say I've seen this combo before - and a quick google search turned up nothing even looking outside 997 and Porsche altogether.

Here is a thread with some pics that could be modified... https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...k-accents.html

Last edited by dmpslc; Yesterday at 02:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
arscottp
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 135 Posts

Think youll be totally fine with that combo. The A/C, radio trim, etc is already grey, so it will actually blend ok with an alcantara boot.

I went a little farther and painted mine black to go work better with the black leather steering wheel

myw (Today)
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,453 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by arscottp
Think youll be totally fine with that combo. The A/C, radio trim, etc is already grey, so it will actually blend ok with an alcantara boot.

I went a little farther and painted mine black to go work better with the black leather steering wheel

This one also works better because of the dark carbon fiber trim, dark vents, and the black floor carpets.
Old Today, 02:32 AM
flat6---
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmpslc
You might try to find beige with black and use your imagination/photoshop to lighten the black. I can't say I've seen this combo before - and a quick google search turned up nothing even looking outside 997 and Porsche altogether.

Here is a thread with some pics that could be modified... https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...k-accents.html
Thank you!

Old Today, 03:24 AM
8x57IRS
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by flat6---
Hello everyone,

Can you post any pictures ?

Thanks!!!
I know you don't want an opinion, but i have a beige interior and had a similar idea with a contrasting steering wheel. I think the contrast between the steering wheel colour and the interior needs to be higher than it would be between grey and beige. I consulted the internet and found matching colours to beige: Shades of brown, black & white, bright colours like pink or red as well as pastel colours. So I can imagine a (medium) brown very well!

Edit: Alcantara can only be operated permanently with gloves, otherwise it quickly becomes unsightly

Last edited by 8x57IRS; Today at 03:42 AM.
Old Today, 11:18 AM
GT2RSobsessed
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a sand beige Alcantara steering wheel (wrapped by Ledermanz) along with some other interior bits in sand beige Alcantara. It's not my daily driver, only a weekend toy. I don't use gloves, but always have some hand sanitizer in the glove box. With occassional Sonax Alcantara cleaner, a wet microfiber towel, and a soft interior brush to puff out the fibers after being cleaned, everything has held up well and looks/feels like new. I've had the Alcantara for about 6-7 years now.

Now if this is your daily driver, I wouldn't recommend sand beige Alcantara.

Last edited by GT2RSobsessed; Today at 11:19 AM.
Old Today, 01:11 PM
flat6---
Advanced

Arrow

Originally Posted by 8x57IRS
I know you don't want an opinion, but i have a beige interior and had a similar idea with a contrasting steering wheel. I think the contrast between the steering wheel colour and the interior needs to be higher than it would be between grey and beige. I consulted the internet and found matching colours to beige: Shades of brown, black & white, bright colours like pink or red as well as pastel colours. So I can imagine a (medium) brown very well!

Edit: Alcantara can only be operated permanently with gloves, otherwise it quickly becomes unsightly
Well, a respectful approach like yours, rather "that sounds like terrible idea" or "nobody will do that" is much better, right?.

I just wanted to see pictures if there are any forum members because I was curious on how will it look. My steering wheel and shift **** is beige leather and it looks a little bit worn, dated.

I have seen some cars with a mix of beige and black and I don't believe they look terrible, every car has its own character. Some people do some weird things to their cars and that is totally fine, it is a matter of personal preference.

I am sorry to say this, but I have the bad habit of not judging others or their preferences.

Also, you will be surprised how resistant is alcantara material, I have an AirPods case made out of alcantara, for two years, which I put in my pocket all the time, I drop all the time, I have stained with coffee and then cleaned and still looks like new, go figure.

I like the alcantara material because of the texture and softness, unfortunately I am not able to find out beige alcantara to match the interior and I only found gray.

That's the story.

Thank you,
myw (Today)
Old Today, 01:46 PM
997.2GTS
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

I have seen others perform miracles on leather surfaces with dye and treatments, if you have not already considered that option.

I have to defend Alcantara....after living with it in a few vehicles it is a very durable material and is misunderstood by those who don't experience it. It cleans easily and well with just a damp microfiber cloth. My GTS steering wheel, shifter, handbrake and door pulls are all covered in it and it still looks like new after 4 years of use and I never would wear 'poser' gloves, not for me.
I understand some might not like the texture, but it's a versatile, grippy material ideally suited to performance car needs IMO and if you're prepared to keep it clean.

I'm not a fan of beige/Alcantara grey however.
Old Today, 02:19 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 570 Likes on 339 Posts

beautiful job.

painted center stack + black pcm looks mint as well.

Also, lets see some grey + beige interiors. i dont think itll look bad - just has to be visually balanced, imho the overall approach can make it look very clean + oem.

Originally Posted by arscottp

I went a little farther and painted mine black to go work better with the black leather steering wheel. i designed that thing + had no idea it would work better in black then in grey/silver.

Last edited by myw; Today at 02:22 PM.
Old Today, 04:29 PM
flat6---
Advanced

Originally Posted by 997.2GTS
I have seen others perform miracles on leather surfaces with dye and treatments, if you have not already considered that option.

I have to defend Alcantara....after living with it in a few vehicles it is a very durable material and is misunderstood by those who don't experience it. It cleans easily and well with just a damp microfiber cloth. My GTS steering wheel, shifter, handbrake and door pulls are all covered in it and it still looks like new after 4 years of use and I never would wear 'poser' gloves, not for me.
I understand some might not like the texture, but it's a versatile, grippy material ideally suited to performance car needs IMO and if you're prepared to keep it clean.

I'm not a fan of beige/Alcantara grey however.
My car is mainly for weekend driving. I agree with you about the quality and durability of alcantara and it should be fine for driving with no gloves.

I think I will just go ahead and do the steering and **** and see how it looks, after all everything is reversible, no?

Best,

Last edited by flat6---; Today at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Beige interior with gray Alcantara steering and shift knob ???