Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 03:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by ak432
great job Martin!

Now have your lap times improved?
Thank you sir. I feel much better and sleep better too. I just need to get out to the track more to find out if my free self weight reduction translates to faster lap times. I've only been able to do 2 track days since May but do have Buttonwillow with PCA coming up this weekend and then COTA next weekend. Gotta brush the dust off.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:43 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
NINJA TURTLE: raphael or michaelangelo?

i dont think i can survive that temp.
if i need more than arm warmers.... i freeze.
was out in 25 degrees last week. just a different level of clothing required to ride thru winter.

45North makes the nicest gloves.
i usually put on some DNuts skin balm, though dont ever get that near da Nuts if you know what i mean.

assos makes incredible tights. undershirts.
long sleeve specialiezed winter jersey.
specialized makes an incredible winter jacket Element 2.
balaclava often if its 35 and under i just hate taht cold airin my lungs.

and 45 north gloves.
i use some nice Lake shoes which are a bit bigger than my normal road shoes. they are real kangaroo leather which is way warmer with some cheapie neoprene bootie covers and i use toe warmers, put on the TOP of my toe bones not under where it would screw with the pedal stroke, height, etc.

and then, try to get it to 2:30. any more than 3ish in really cold weather is tough. not the cold, its getting sweated out, since that stuff never breathes through 4 layers...and then it gets cold. plus do intervals. warmup, so your intervals, cool down, be done.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,633 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
was out in 25 degrees last week. just a different level of clothing required to ride thru winter.

assos makes incredible tights. undershirts.
long sleeve specialiezed winter jersey.
specialized makes an incredible winter jacket Element 2.
balaclava often if its 35 and under i just hate taht cold airin my lungs.

and 45 north gloves.
i use some nice Lake shoes which are a bit bigger than my normal road shoes. they are real kangaroo leather which is way warmer with some cheapie neoprene bootie covers and i use toe warmers, put on the TOP of my toe bones not under where it would screw with the pedal stroke, height, etc.

and then, try to get it to 2:30. any more than 3ish in really cold weather is tough. not the cold, its getting sweated out, since that stuff never breathes through 4 layers...and then it gets cold. plus do intervals. warmup, so your intervals, cool down, be done.

Man, when I ride in 40 deg temp I thought I was fkg hero, and you doing 25 deg!

I have assos tights, knickers, and undershirts. They really do help.

I will have to do the Lake shoes again. I ordered a pair (kangaroo) but the heel cup doesn’t work on me. Maybe I didn’t bake it right. I do use shoe booties especially when wet.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Atkins or keto some variation thereof.

I lost 100lbs and have kept off 85lbs of it for more than a decade (look at the statistics for doing anything like that). No sugar, avoid eating a lot of carbs, no big deal once you do it for a month. Lifestyle change is right. Ketosis is no joke as your brain ceases to function right so after I lost all the weight I started eating some carbs and been that way forever. If I gain a little, I just cut out carbs for a month.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:12 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

friday: time to ride
sat: taking mango out
sunday..... i guess i have to clean the bike and wash the car

Old 11-10-2017, 04:30 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
friday: time to ride
sat: taking mango out
sunday..... i guess i have to clean the bike and wash the car

Why the heck aren't you down at Buttonwillow this weekend?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:36 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Atkins or keto some variation thereof.

I lost 100lbs and have kept off 85lbs of it for more than a decade (look at the statistics for doing anything like that). No sugar, avoid eating a lot of carbs, no big deal once you do it for a month. Lifestyle change is right. Ketosis is no joke as your brain ceases to function right so after I lost all the weight I started eating some carbs and been that way forever. If I gain a little, I just cut out carbs for a month.
Nice, I got another 15-20lbs left to go to lose a total of 50 lbs. You know, the switch over from your brain functioning on glucose to ketones which caused me slight headaches and being a little light headed after getting up from sitting for a bit (this happens when I'm day 2 of my extended fast). Once I get into day 3 and I'm fully in Ketosis my brain is much sharper and all my senses seem to be amplified.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:14 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Ketosis is no joke as your brain ceases to function right so after I lost all the weight I started eating some carbs and been that way forever. If I gain a little, I just cut out carbs for a month.
Not recommended to toggle between "fat burning" and "carb burning" mode. Once "fat burning", best to stay there. The adaptation back and forth is what messes up your metabolism and makes you feel weak/foggy.

Also, it's not just about carbs/ketosis and losing weight. Consider completely eliminating plants as well. Plants can't run away from their predators so they've evolved all sorts of perfectly natural ("organic") toxins to mess with them instead. That's why herbivores evolved complex digestive systems (which humans lack) to deal with these toxins. Humans at least "evolved" the (weak) defense of "not eating plants raw".

Fact: Less than 1% of all plants are "edible" for humans and they are "edible" only to the extent that they won't kill you on the spot but mess you up (try to kill you) over longer periods of time (by messing with inflammation, metabolism, hormones, etc.) -- so that you end up eating less of them.

Fact: More than 99% of all animals (including insects!) are perfectly edible for humans in any quantity and over any length of time.

Draw your own conclusions.

Mammal meat (e.g. rib-eye steak) has ALL the nutrients your (mammal) cells need in perfect proportions. Pre-packaged, by design. It's the ultimate health food. It's all but impossible to get fat (weak, unhealthy) by eating as much of it as you want/need.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:55 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Not recommended to toggle between "fat burning" and "carb burning" mode. Once "fat burning", best to stay there. The adaptation back and forth is what messes up your metabolism and makes you feel weak/foggy.

Also, it's not just about carbs/ketosis and losing weight. Consider completely eliminating plants as well. Plants can't run away from their predators so they've evolved all sorts of perfectly natural ("organic") toxins to mess with them instead. That's why herbivores evolved complex digestive systems (which humans lack) to deal with these toxins. Humans at least "evolved" the (weak) defense of "not eating plants raw".

Fact: Less than 1% of all plants are "edible" for humans and they are "edible" only to the extent that they won't kill you on the spot but mess you up (try to kill you) over longer periods of time (by messing with inflammation, metabolism, hormones, etc.) -- so that you end up eating less of them.

Fact: More than 99% of all animals (including insects!) are perfectly edible for humans in any quantity and over any length of time.

Draw your own conclusions.

Mammal meat (e.g. rib-eye steak) has ALL the nutrients your (mammal) cells need in perfect proportions. Pre-packaged, by design. It's the ultimate health food. It's all but impossible to get fat (weak, unhealthy) by eating as much of it as you want/need.
Yeah, I'm not a big veggie eater and only eat some fruit so the majority of what I eat is protein/fat (eggs, bacon, meat, chicken, fish, and certain nuts). I do take vitamins to fill any gaps too.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:26 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I don’t like plants.

I subsist off of ribeye. I eat it at least three times a week. Below is my usual order at my favorite place and some prime rib I cooked up a while back.

My only issue is that in full ketosis my brain does not work as well so I eat some carbs — roll on a burger, maybe some fries/potatoes. I am still a big guy, but not like I used to be. Pretty happy where I am.
Attached Images   
Old 11-10-2017, 09:30 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I don’t like plants.

I subsist off of ribeye. I eat it at least three times a week. Below is my usual order at my favorite place and some prime rib I cooked up a while back.

My only issue is that in full ketosis my brain does not work as well so I eat some carbs — roll on a burger, maybe some fries/potatoes. I am still a big guy, but not like I used to be. Pretty happy where I am.
Oh man that looks tasty. I'll be getting my fill of BEEF in Austin next week.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:42 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

cloudy but ok

poured

now muddy

Old 11-11-2017, 02:49 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

^
Are those veloToze you're wearing?
Old 11-11-2017, 03:04 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Beer nuts! My fave. Dried mango also great for ride snack. Fitting for mooty
Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM
jj99c2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice effort Mooty! 12k feet of climbing in a hundred miles.

Are you still happy with your new S-works? ee brakes working well? Asking as I am getting tempted myself to pick up that bike.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches