Sponsored by:

996 40th Anniversary Edition Registry & FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Jfrik
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockhouse66
Congrats on your purchase and now I can quit thinking about that car. I thought it was super clean and I liked that it hadn't been messed with mechanically. I assume they came down a little more on the price? They had already reduced it once. Maybe I will see it again at a local PCA event?
Would love to get out to one, I need to be more active in the local community (apparently on the forum as well)!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:51 PM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfrik
Would love to get out to one, I need to be more active in the local community (apparently on the forum as well)!
There are 5 other 40ths in North Carolina that we have in the Registry group. If you'd like I can put you in touch with them. Please shoot me an email when you have a moment - 40jahre911@gmail.com. If you're up to a long drive we're planning on having the Midwest 40ths meet-up in late Sept or early Oct. You're certainly welcome to join us! Ted
Old 08-25-2017, 01:35 PM
Fracture
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 178 Posts

a special thank to Alex (clubracer6) for not only selling me my 40th
some 3 years ago, but an invite to SCAA track nite last nite for some controlled lunacy

40th's at the track

Name:  xNRtQ2Q.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  3.50 MB

Name:  SxNCfFw.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  1.95 MB

my phone was dead, Alex shot this in the last session of the evening
He led the advanced class 1st session wire to wire (it wasn't a race) and I was able to
see the capabilities of the 40th on the track

more info here, low key and casual, this a great way to get to know your car

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com

Last edited by Fracture; 08-25-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 08-28-2017, 10:15 AM
MuadDale
3rd Gear

I was strongly considering the 40th at Millennia Motors near Orlando but couldn't justify it as a 15k-20k mile / year daily driver so I passed on it. Sill dealing with that depression lol.

My wife and I did go look at it though, it's absolutely gorgeous with what looked to me to be a pristine interior. No wear on the bolsters, all the leather was intact, no cracks anywhere, no sun fading, everything was still supple. The steering wheel had none of the cracking you might see between the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. It appeared to be garage kept.

The paint felt like it had been routinely clay barred (very smooth and no road rash on the front end to speak of), and although my wife mentioned she saw a slight scuff on the finish somewhere on the right side of the car I didn't notice it.

It has the original IMS, not sure of the condition of the clutch, AOS, RMS, etc. I did not drive it so I can't speak to the suspension, transmission, etc.

I'm not a fan of the aftermarket spoiler and front air dam, the salesman mentioned they were from a higher-tier 911 but I've forgotten which one and don't know it by sight. If I had purchased it I would have had to source stock ones. Your mileage may vary.

They were asking $29.9k but have recently listed it as "Call for price". I don't know what that means but, to me, it was not worth $30k as I would have had to go stock on the lip and spoiler, and likely perform the IMS upgrade.

Hope this helps anyone considering the vehicle. I will say that I've been to that dealership a couple of times, they're very friendly and I've read nothing but good things about them. I probably wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them.

Also I'd like to give a shout-out to Ted, he was extremely helpful and friendly through e-mail while I was considering this beautiful vehicle.

I'll end up with a 911 later on, but with my commute distance it will have to be a second car.

edit: This was my first time seeing the rims in person, that silver is jaw-dropping gorgeous.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:27 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Originally Posted by MuadDale

It has the original IMS, not sure of the condition of the clutch, AOS, RMS, etc. I did not drive it so I can't speak to the suspension, transmission, etc.

I'm not a fan of the aftermarket spoiler and front air dam, the salesman mentioned they were from a higher-tier 911 but I've forgotten which one and don't know it by sight. If I had purchased it I would have had to source stock ones. Your mileage may vary.
The front lip spoiler looks non-OEM, but can easily be put back to factory. The rear spoiler appears to be the factory GT3 type, but can't be positive since many aftermarket example are close to OEM. Interesting that it doesn't have the factory sports seats. I thought that was standard on the 40th AE. Overall, it seems like a nice car that has been serviced properly (noted in Carfax), but a PPI would be the smart thing for any buyer on this type of 996. At $30K, it's a bit on the high side. I would imagine, based on the current market price, this is a $25K car.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:38 AM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MuadDale
I was strongly considering the 40th at Millennia Motors near Orlando but couldn't justify it as a 15k-20k mile / year daily driver so I passed on it. Sill dealing with that depression lol.

My wife and I did go look at it though, it's absolutely gorgeous with what looked to me to be a pristine interior. No wear on the bolsters, all the leather was intact, no cracks anywhere, no sun fading, everything was still supple. The steering wheel had none of the cracking you might see between the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. It appeared to be garage kept.

The paint felt like it had been routinely clay barred (very smooth and no road rash on the front end to speak of), and although my wife mentioned she saw a slight scuff on the finish somewhere on the right side of the car I didn't notice it.

They were asking $29.9k but have recently listed it as "Call for price". I don't know what that means but, to me, it was not worth $30k as I would have had to go stock on the lip and spoiler, and likely perform the IMS upgrade.

Hope this helps anyone considering the vehicle. I will say that I've been to that dealership a couple of times, they're very friendly and I've read nothing but good things about them. I probably wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them.

Also I'd like to give a shout-out to Ted, he was extremely helpful and friendly through e-mail while I was considering this beautiful vehicle.

I'll end up with a 911 later on, but with my commute distance it will have to be a second car.

edit: This was my first time seeing the rims in person, that silver is jaw-dropping gorgeous.
Glad to help. If you find another 40th that strikes your fancy let me know and I'll share whatever info I can with you.

By the way (for everyone else), Oliver at Millenia has sold a few 40ths in the past couple of years to members of our group. While I don't know him personally I've communicated with him several times and he's always been helpful. Also, those who have bought from him were pleased.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:50 AM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by b3freak
The front lip spoiler looks non-OEM, but can easily be put back to factory. The rear spoiler appears to be the factory GT3 type, but can't be positive since many aftermarket example are close to OEM. Interesting that it doesn't have the factory sports seats. I thought that was standard on the 40th AE. Overall, it seems like a nice car that has been serviced properly (noted in Carfax), but a PPI would be the smart thing for any buyer on this type of 996. At $30K, it's a bit on the high side. I would imagine, based on the current market price, this is a $25K car.
The standard seats on the 40ths were indeed the silver hard-back sport seats, but the comfort seats with driver's side memory were optional, and this 40th (Nr. 0756) did indeed come with the comfort seats as ordered from the factory. The lucky folks in Europe (and perhaps other areas outside of North America) had the additonial option of getting the GT3 seats. Drool.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Chicago6MT
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fracture
a special thank to Alex (clubracer6) for not only selling me my 40th
some 3 years ago, but an invite to SCAA track nite last nite for some controlled lunacy

https://youtu.be/5vBz4ERhevA

40th's at the track

my phone was dead, Alex shot this in the last session of the evening
He led the advanced class 1st session wire to wire (it wasn't a race) and I was able to
see the capabilities of the 40th on the track

more info here, low key and casual, this a great way to get to know your car

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com
Nice! Sorry I wasn't able to make it.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:24 PM
RWPinNC
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

[QUOTE=

edit: This was my first time seeing the rims in person, that silver is jaw-dropping gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

It's good to hear good comments on Millenia. My wife and I are flying down to Orlando on Wednesday to pick up the 2006 Cayman on their website. My dealings with them thus far have also been very professional.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:33 AM
MuadDale
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by RWPinNC
It's good to hear good comments on Millenia. My wife and I are flying down to Orlando on Wednesday to pick up the 2006 Cayman on their website. My dealings with them thus far have also been very professional.

If it's the Grey Cayman S it looks to be a beauty. Oliver seems to be good people.

Funny story. The first time I went there I was talking to Oliver and mentioned I was in [the service]. He said his cousin was also in [the service] and asked if I knew him. Now, 99.9% of the time you will not in fact know the same person, but I did, and we worked in the same office to boot.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:57 PM
e90steve
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a lead on another 996 40th that I'm considering. The wheels are throwing me off a bit. Maybe it's the photos, but looks to me like perhaps they swapped the 40th wheels out with regular carrera wheels. A PPI I could have them take a look but wondering if you all agree these aren't the 40th wheels.

It's a 40th for sure... has everything else, but the wheels look off to me. Anyone know if it would it be possible to refinish these to the 40th look if in fact they aren't the originals?
Attached Images   
Old 08-30-2017, 11:12 PM
TAZ40JAHRE
Rennlist Member

Default Nr. 1281

Originally Posted by e90steve
I have a lead on another 996 40th that I'm considering. The wheels are throwing me off a bit. Maybe it's the photos, but looks to me like perhaps they swapped the 40th wheels out with regular carrera wheels. A PPI I could have them take a look but wondering if you all agree these aren't the 40th wheels.

It's a 40th for sure... has everything else, but the wheels look off to me. Anyone know if it would it be possible to refinish these to the 40th look if in fact they aren't the originals?
Yes, it's a 40th and, no, those aren't stock wheels or center caps. It's possible (but unlikely) that they are the original wheels that were refinished with the standard satin finish found on the Carrera II lightweight wheels, but more likely they're just a different set of Carrera II lightweight wheels found on a standard 996 C2 and not the original anniversary ones.

Last edited by TAZ40JAHRE; 08-31-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:28 AM
MuadDale
3rd Gear

Also TAZ for what it's worth Millenia doesn't have the 40th listed for sale any more.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:08 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by e90steve

Yes, agreed those are not the original set, the caps are also different from the originals.

If you need help refinishing them back to 40th Design just drop us a line.

www.wheeldynamics.com

Old 09-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Chicago6MT
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

23k, IMS, Records, extra set of wheels, and more...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Porsche...VZqv4M&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: 996 40th Anniversary Edition Registry & FAQ