Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Picking this up manana ...

Dealer got the tint and clear bra protection placed today.

I'm dropping off my 2015 TT and picking it up tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm taking the day off from work !

Looking forward to driving this Targa4 GTS all day ....
Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Finally my 911 made it to the dealership in PA. It was offloaded in RI on August 18th. I pick it up tomorrow. 10 days to make it to the dealer even though a fellow rennlister who had his 911 on the same boat made it to his dealer in MA the next day. Grrr..... I suspect that they had to make some paint corrections or repairs at the port or something like that.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by subshooter
Finally my 911 made it to the dealership in PA. It was offloaded in RI on August 18th. I pick it up tomorrow. 10 days to make it to the dealer even though a fellow rennlister who had his 911 on the same boat made it to his dealer in MA the next day. Grrr..... I suspect that they had to make some paint corrections or repairs at the port or something like that.
I'm glad you finally got your car. Was a bit of a wait, eh?

I think you are talking about my car that came over on the same/same boat as yours. Yeah, it showed up late on the 19th or early on the 20th in the back lot of the dealership. But, I saw it before anyone at the dealership did. And, it's Connecticut, not MA. But, 'things' needed to be done to the car and I understand (sort of) the wait going on for a week or so. Whatever ....

Enjoy your car, m'friend. I'm looking forward to driving my tomorrow as well.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad your wait is over!
Old 08-28-2017, 11:09 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Baggerdude

I'm dropping off my 2015 TT and picking it up tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm taking the day off from work !

congrats. Looks amazing
Old 08-29-2017, 12:12 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

I'm glad you finally got your car. Was a bit of a wait, eh?

I think you are talking about my car that came over on the same/same boat as yours. Yeah, it showed up late on the 19th or early on the 20th in the back lot of the dealership. But, I saw it before anyone at the dealership did. And, it's Connecticut, not MA. But, 'things' needed to be done to the car and I understand (sort of) the wait going on for a week or so. Whatever ....

Enjoy your car, m'friend. I'm looking forward to driving my tomorrow as well.
yes! I was referring to your car. That is the second time I got your state wrong. Of course my wife just got deployed for Harvey (she works for FEMA) so now I have to find a way to the dealership to pick it up tomorrow. I asked their service guys to drive it down so they are checking on availability. 30 miles away.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:14 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats! Glad you are getting your car. Your European delivery seems like a long time ago!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:29 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Snow White finally got home after her European Delivery. She got to meet Ms. Daisy for the first time. I'd like to say I am lucky to own two of these babies.....but I friggin worked my a$$ off for them. No apologies.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:17 AM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Great pics. Now time for some US adventures for Snow White
Old 08-30-2017, 02:11 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a big fan of loud colors like Miami blue or Lava orange but you have configured it perfectly. Looks spectacular. Congratulations. Enjoy many many grinning miles in good health!!!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:17 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Snow White finally got home after her European Delivery. She got to meet Ms. Daisy for the first time. I'd like to say I am lucky to own two of these babies.....but I friggin worked my a$$ off for them. No apologies.
Awesome combo, beautiful configurations, congratulations. Your 2014 looks showroom new.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:07 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
Great pics. Now time for some US adventures for Snow White
Originally Posted by ATLBond
Awesome combo, beautiful configurations, congratulations. Your 2014 looks showroom new.
Thanks guys. I took snow white out for the first time in Delaware this morning without luggage or a second person in the seat. Wow.....this car is crazy fast even with the base engine.

Thanks for the compliment on my 981. It has 37k miles on it!
Old 08-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Not a big fan of loud colors like Miami blue or Lava orange but you have configured it perfectly. Looks spectacular. Congratulations. Enjoy many many grinning miles in good health!!!
I fully understand. I'm don't particularly like "loud colors" on Porsches either ... or, other makes for that matter.

However, when the 2018 Targa 4 GTS was able to be configured, I was immediately drawn to the Lava Orange color for some reason. With the satin black CL wheels, black Targa bar / top, CF mirrors, and the espresso and CF interior that is the same/same as my CW TT ... well, it all seemed pretty nice to me.

Everyone at the dealership was smiling like it was their car when I went in to pick it up. Customers and staff all stopped to look at it. I still look at it and think it's sort of special.

But, the color is pretty uncharacteristic of me.
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2017, 11:55 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 302 Likes on 182 Posts

I fully understand. I'm don't particularly like "loud colors" on Porsches either ... or, other makes for that matter.

However, when the 2018 Targa 4 GTS was able to be configured, I was immediately drawn to the Lava Orange color for some reason. With the satin black CL wheels, black Targa bar / top, CF mirrors, and the espresso and CF interior that is the same/same as my CW TT ... well, it all seemed pretty nice to me.

Everyone at the dealership was smiling like it was their car when I went in to pick it up. Customers and staff all stopped to look at it. I still look at it and think it's sort of special.

But, the color is pretty uncharacteristic of me.
Not that I regret my GT Silver choice, as I'm a low key person. However, after 5 months of 911 ownership, I think a louder color would enhance my ownership experience. Well done, awesome color, awesome car. Congrats and enjoy it.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:14 AM
leanofpeak
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@Baggerdude: That sucker is sharp!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!