Sponsored by:

Feeler for 1993 C4

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:33 AM
MTR
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
"priced to keep" when you're asking way more than the Chequered Flag International example they just listed.

http://www.chequeredflag.com/1993-Po...8/Details.aspx
That car looks to be in very good condition. The seller did a great job with all the detailed pictures of the engine, wheel wells, etc. The shocker for me was the original price on the window sticker - $80.4k! I didn't know C4s sold for that much money new.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
never did understand the reasoning of disparaging someone else's thread, it looks like you have found a good data point and I thank you for that.
If you get $65K for it, then you're right: the responses are, as you say, "negative" and "disparaging"

If you don't get $65K, then they're just reality and truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and honesty can be brutal, but there's a big difference between being negative and being realistic.

I wouldn't say (all) those who opined that your price is woefully optimistic are being negative anymore than I'd say your asking price is delusional.

Anyway I hope you get $65K for it. That helps everyone with a 964.

Good luck
Old 06-22-2017, 03:54 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
If you get $65K for it, then you're right: the responses are, as you say, "negative" and "disparaging"

If you don't get $65K, then they're just reality and truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and honesty can be brutal, but there's a big difference between being negative and being realistic.

I wouldn't say (all) those who opined that your price is woefully optimistic are being negative anymore than I'd say your asking price is delusional.

Anyway I hope you get $65K for it. That helps everyone with a 964.

Good luck
Truth
Old 06-22-2017, 06:11 PM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Beautiful 964, I would not worry about the miles one bit on a mechanically sorted and well loved car. Not sure if white is an in color right now, I never use to car much for white cars, but lately have been finding them very attractive.

I personally would never ask for any kind of valuation on Rennlist and this is why. I don't know how much your car is worth down to the last dollar, but there are so few 92-94 964's that to the right buyer, looking for a specific car, I don't think 60k is especially unrealistic. If one was looking for an original well documented white late 964, how many are there to choose from? Very few indeed.

Here's an ongoing thread on Pelican discussing the 964 market, most seem pretty upbeat about rising values..

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...hese-days.html
Old 06-22-2017, 07:39 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 668 Posts

watching,.. mostly lurking & listening when it comes to "feeler" threads,.... brings me to a personal opinion..... I feel that the recent (the last 4-5 yrs worth of) aggressive market valuations creates a good excuse for sellers to believe they can recoup every last maintenance & improvement dollar they have put into it, then + their original purchase price. And maybe it is justifiable given what the market will bear. But like a few others here, I never add up all that I have spent on mine over the last 12 yrs of ownership. That's just the cost of ownership for me, and part of the joy of owning & driving.

subscribed.
=Steve
Old 06-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

^I guess it depends on how long you've had it. If you've had it for 5+ yrs (i.e. purchase price in the mid-teens), then you're likely going to get every dollar back even if you spent well into the 5-figures on maintenance and upgrades.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:56 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by cscrogham
Regardless of the other negative responses, never did understand the reasoning of disparaging someone else's thread, it looks like you have found a good data point and I thank you for that.
So, did you get $65K for your car? It's been for sale for a while now....?
Old 07-15-2017, 12:31 PM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 279 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Something wrong ?

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
"priced to keep" when you're asking way more than the Chequered Flag International example they just listed.

I am not sure on this so my question to the more knowledgeable here is What is up with the vin in this cars frunk I thought that the vin in the frunk always will be WPOZZZ not WPOAB like it is in the photo. My US spec 91C2 is WPOZZZ in that location so is this normal for a 1993 C4 or is my car a wierdo😎

http://www.chequeredflag.com/1993-Po...8/Details.aspx
Old 07-18-2017, 10:00 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,178 Likes on 1,304 Posts

FYI

My 90 has WP0ZZZ my 93 has WP0AB as the 93 is pictured with the two tone paint. It is also impression stamped on my 90 and ink marked on my 93.

Ii would check the paint on the car. If they are reading 2.5 to 5 microns then i am surprised you see much paint. I think they mean mils if it were microns you would be reading between .09 and .19 mils. Even if mils 2.5 is very thin they must have buffed the paint and clearly removed the exhaust and did a lot of tidying and some simple parts replacement to get the car ready to sell. It might mean that it looks good but is it mechanically good?

Quick Reply: Feeler for 1993 C4