Notices
Cayenne 958 - 2011-2018 2nd Generation
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A cool dude about to own a 12" Cayenne S but I have reservations about maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 08:39 AM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by randy308@optonline.net
somethings funny about this? a little difficult to understand.
now my interest has been peaked and I am curious why the carfax is genuinely very good - the dealership has very good reviews and my experience with them this far I can vouch for that the price was non negotiable because it was priced to sell which I understand

besides the numbers for payment you guys have the detailed pictures and carfax so any input I am curious to know so please do share
Old 07-08-2017, 12:28 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,900 Likes on 1,718 Posts

When the dealer says it's priced to sell, it should already be gone. I'll pm you my deal and tell you why you should be buying from Porsche.

What I see in that car is an ill fitting bumper and that's from crappy picture. Maybe it's just me but I've searched for cars on the internet many times over and when I see pictures like this, then go look at the car. It's always been a waste of my time. From the picture quality to the way they prepped the car for sale, it's not a car you're gonna want. It's not detailed, there aren't new tires on it. Let me send you a pm that I sent another member last year. I'll also send his reply. You'll be able to understand what I'm trying to convey.

Original owner trade it in and the Porsche dealer sent it to auction. They kept it on their lot for only 20 days and then sent it away. It's not Porsche CPO worthy.

Looks like the front bumper, to the right of the passenger headlight, doesn't have a good fit. Maybe that's just me.

R&R = remove and reinstall.\

Also, I would never own on of these without a warranty and that's coming from a genuine shade tree mechanic.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 07-08-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:33 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Old 07-08-2017, 12:51 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver

Looks like the front bumper, to the right of the passenger headlight, doesn't have a good fit. Maybe that's just me.

R&R = remove and reinstall.

Ok see now we're on the same page - you have a good eye I'm a big car guy sometimes and often when I'm bored I'll go on cars.com and see what's for sale from a car I like just to check it out etc

I see what your talking about with the fit but the carfax does speak for itself .. the tires I knew about the moment I looked at the car were already working on that I said pay half for my tires I'll pay the other half but I don't want the price off the car write me a seperate check

as for the detailing of it I understand.. luckily I am an avid detailer lol I'm gonna post my 2 previous cars their build threads you'll see I'm an avid car guy

I feel good about this Porsche though it's stickered with 30k+ in options it's a 1 owner purchased from Connecticut by I'm sure an older person who serviced it at Porsche
Old 07-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just FYI, carfax doesnt always show company lease accidents. I had some accidents with my company's car and it never showed. you are better of to have the body professionally inspected for repairs
Old 07-10-2017, 05:18 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

[hey guys

I made the purchase - purchased a 4yr 48k warranty which shows everything covered I will post a picture later transfer case feels good though I parked in between cars and played with everything checked for sounds turning wheels and I feel good

I will post pictures later but very happy even with the deal
Old 07-10-2017, 05:23 PM
g8tor20
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats Mr. McCheese!

Getting the warranty puts minds at ease for sure. Good choice!

Anyways, welcome and certainly keep us updated with pictures
Old 07-10-2017, 09:46 PM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

So this is my first post as the new owner of this CS, I have logged about 125 miles on this porsche (225 for this whole day)

SUV is awesome, I have played with every setting on the steering wheel and main screen.. I am still customizing it and figuring things out but I have a couple questions I want to ask

1. Can I change the songs on my BT AUX thru the steering wheel? I couldn't figure it out

2.Just before I got home I figured out how to roll up the rear privacy shades on the back seats.. I am pretty sure something is wrong because neither really goes up and the little flap door goes ape **** it keeps banging and won't raise the shade.. I can get a video if you need that's no problem.. what's the deal? lol

3.I do not believe I have headlights that swivel? is that an option?

4.does this 4.8 have cylinder deactivation?

5. Does the auto start/stop NOT work when on highways? I noticed when I would be on side streets it would stop but highways at cross lights 1&9 for Jersey people on here.. I noticed it wouldn't stop but its indicate on the cluster that it would not stop

SUV so far is fantastic i paid 3600 for the warranty (cost was 2900) but I asked for $500 extra for my trade and they agreed so we both win - I will post a picture of the warranty sheet and the MSRP so you guys can see

I am very humbled to be a only 27 but fortunate enough to have enough success where I can afford such a car even if it is used.

The warranty I almost declined but it was something I really needed to consider even if it did raise the car payment (I put 10k down) and have a 6% Interest rate thru Ally Financial

The Bumper I believe was removed but I forgot the headlight was serviced a couple years back so I assume that's when it was taken off, Tires have much more life than I anticipated (60-65%)

I appreciate the help from everyone and I must say for the next couple months I don't plan on spending money lol so expect to see me on here often lol
Attached Images       

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 07-11-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:24 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,149 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
1. Can I change the songs on my BT AUX thru the steering wheel? I couldn't figure it out
No
2.Just before I got home I figured out how to roll up the rear privacy shades on the back seats.. I am pretty sure something is wrong because neither really goes up and the little flap door goes ape **** it keeps banging and won't raise the shade.. I can get a video if you need that's no problem.. what's the deal? lol
They're broken. Luckily they aren't vital to the operation of the vehicle unless you're carrying mobsters around in the back seat.
3.I do not believe I have headlights that swivel? is that an option?
In looking through the window sticker - I don't see the active headlights option listed. There should be a turning bulb that switches on when you make a low speed turn. Do the beams go up and then back down when you start the vehicle? If so - you have HID's - if not - you have the only Cayenne/S 958 I've ever heard of with halogen lighting. HID's might have been part of the premium package - that varied year by year.. and model by model.
4.does this 4.8 have cylinder deactivation?
Thank Dog - no.
5. Does the auto start/stop NOT work when on highways? I noticed when I would be on side streets it would stop but highways at cross lights 1&9 for Jersey people on here.. I noticed it wouldn't stop but its indicate on the cluster that it would not stop
Auto start/stop has various conditions it won't stop the engine under. Since most of us switch it off forever we are unlikely to be able to precisely answer your question.
SUV so far is fantastic i paid 3600 for the warranty (cost was 2900) but I asked for $500 extra for my trade and they agreed so we both win - I will post a picture of the warranty sheet and the MSRP so you guys can see
What level warranty did you get?
I am very humbled to be a only 27 but fortunate enough to have enough success where I can afford such a car even if it is used.

The warranty I almost declined but it was something I really needed to consider even if it did raise the car payment (I put 10k down) and have a 6% Interest rate thru Ally Financial

The Bumper I believe was removed but I forgot the headlight was serviced a couple years back so I assume that's when it was taken off, Tires have much more life than I anticipated (60-65%)

I appreciate the help from everyone and I must say for the next couple months I don't plan on spending money lol so expect to see me on here often lol
Good luck with it!
Old 07-11-2017, 12:36 AM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

$585 to fix each rear sunshade.

Read your manual regarding the auto start stop feature. It's a funny thing.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:37 AM
TxHoon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See responses below
So this is my first post as the new owner of this CS, I have logged about 125 miles on this porsche (225 for this whole day)

SUV is awesome, I have played with every setting on the steering wheel and main screen.. I am still customizing it and figuring things out but I have a couple questions I want to ask

1. Can I change the songs on my BT AUX thru the steering wheel? I couldn't figure it out Yes. It is in the options menu under vehicle -> multi function button (At least on the 2014 and newer it will).

2.Just before I got home I figured out how to roll up the rear privacy shades on the back seats.. I am pretty sure something is wrong because neither really goes up and the little flap door goes ape **** it keeps banging and won't raise the shade.. I can get a video if you need that's no problem.. what's the deal? lol Sounds like it is broken

3.I do not believe I have headlights that swivel? is that an option? If the sticker says PDLS (Porsche dynamic lighting system) then yes. I did not see that on your sticker, not sure what was offered in 2012

4.does this 4.8 have cylinder deactivation? Nope

5. Does the auto start/stop NOT work when on highways? I noticed when I would be on side streets it would stop but highways at cross lights 1&9 for Jersey people on here.. I noticed it wouldn't stop but its indicate on the cluster that it would not stop Certain conditions need to be met. Look in the manual to see what conditions must be met.

You are also missing the plug for the Porsche Entry and Drive. You should be able to keep your key in your pocket and turn the ignition switch to start it with the plug that stays in the switch all the time. Good luck with your new purchase.

Old 07-11-2017, 01:10 AM
MayorMcCheese
Rennlist Member

Thats my read shades for both sides..scared the hell out of me when it first happened and I was randomly pressing buttons lol

I do have HIDs and I went with the "Premier" I am covered until 112,475 Mi with a $100 deductible I see the premier covers even gaskets and seals.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:11 AM
TheUnscented
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Interesting numbers. I don't doubt them, but then mine usually only goes to the dealer for warranty/recall items.

My independent charges me $100 to change the oil, I provide oil and filter - filter from Porsche, oil from Amazon. The next filter will probably be a MANN from Amazon since that's what Porsche sold me. Oil was on sale - 2x $25/5-quart bottles of Mobil-1, 0W-40. Filter with O ring and crush ring was about $40 from the dealer. So my change at my independent was a bit less. If the mechanic is ordering and providing all the parts - they aren't going to wait for an Amazon sale to stock up for oil for you - so $250 sound fair.
The correct 0-40 weight European formula synthetic is on sale at WalMart now $22/5 quarts (you'll need two). Filter from Amazon $13. Crush rings $9 for 10 on Amazon. So cheapest DIY cost for oil change is about $61 plus your time--took me about 90 minutes. Someone posted a nice write up on this list.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:49 PM
MountainStone
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TheUnscented
The correct 0-40 weight European formula synthetic is on sale at WalMart now $22/5 quarts (you'll need two). Filter from Amazon $13. Crush rings $9 for 10 on Amazon. So cheapest DIY cost for oil change is about $61 plus your time--took me about 90 minutes. Someone posted a nice write up on this list.
OP, since you have the adjustable suspension and no PDCC, oil changes are a snap. Raise the truck to maximum height and drive the front wheels onto a couple short pieces of 2x10 boards and there's plenty of room underneath to work. I think my first oil change took me an hour and that was with me having to unbolt and move the PDCC lines to gain access to the filter; you can skip those steps. It's a little messy due to the orientation of the filter but there's no reason to pay someone to perform this simple maintenance. Just buy a box of shop towels and put down big piece of cardboard to protect your garage floor or driveway.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:10 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJajoOu_Mg
Thats my read shades for both sides..scared the hell out of me when it first happened and I was randomly pressing buttons lol
Man, it's like it's possessed!

Congrats on the vehicle though, enjoy it!

Quick Reply: A cool dude about to own a 12" Cayenne S but I have reservations about maintenance