HRE Flow Form FF01

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:58 PM
mpeterec
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HRE Flow Form FF01

Gents,

Thinking it's time to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels for my 997.2 Turbo (in white) and it looks like the HRE FF01 is going to be the route to take.

Does anyone have any feedback/insight on these? 19" or 20" fitment, spacers, colour options, etc.? I'm thinking either the IPA, Fog, or Anthracite finish. The car is going to get dropped down on the Bilstein Damptronic B16 as well in order to get the stance right so that'll have to be considered when it comes to either the 19" or 20". The reality is the 20" will look better, but from my understanding the 997 isn't really built for that size and functions far better on a 19"

Thanks kindly
Old 04-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Mr. Crabs
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a set of FF01 on my white 09 white C4S, I had the standard Porsche Sport wheels on with 5mm spacers. I went back and forth on colors for the wheels forever...I was tired of black...thought about IPA...wondered about red...but went with gold...they look fantastic. i was wondering what other car guys would think, I went by to be at the local Porsche dealer ( to test drive a GT3 ! ) and the techs were on coffee break, everyone of them loved it, I have a black lip spoiler and black roof. I used the standard offset recommended by HRE for the C4S, sorry I don't have it right now. It is perfect, looks as aggressive it not more the the car with the 5mm spacers. i also went with the 19in wheels, the roads are just too ****ty here in Oregon to try for 20in wheels, I also do not have the car lowered as I put the snow tires on in the winter.
I worked with David at Wheels Boutique to get the wheel and tire package, great service and follow up, he knows his wheels. Priced right.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,452 Likes on 4,113 Posts

FF01 is a great wheel - all the HRE's are. My new favorite color wheels on white cars is a Matte Bronze - not a goldish one, a browner one. Oh, and stick with the 19s - they'll not only ride and drive better than 20s, but 20s just look too big on a 997, even the widebodies

Last edited by Petza914; 04-21-2017 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Keeping this thread dedicated to HRE wheels
Old 04-21-2017, 12:24 PM
D3RP
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default IPA

Here's another vote for IPA from a fellow Carrera White driver.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Difficult choice but my personal preference would be to go with IPA on a white 997. Depending on who you ask though, you may get 50% of people saying IPA, and 50% of the people saying Fog which is another great color choice (sorry the photos aren't of a Turbo. Best I've got on a white 911 for the time being):

IPA FF01:

Fog FF01:

Old 04-21-2017, 12:44 PM
mpeterec
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Crabs
I just put a set of FF01 on my white 09 white C4S, I had the standard Porsche Sport wheels on with 5mm spacers. I went back and forth on colors for the wheels forever...I was tired of black...thought about IPA...wondered about red...but went with gold...they look fantastic. i was wondering what other car guys would think, I went by to be at the local Porsche dealer ( to test drive a GT3 ! ) and the techs were on coffee break, everyone of them loved it, I have a black lip spoiler and black roof. I used the standard offset recommended by HRE for the C4S, sorry I don't have it right now. It is perfect, looks as aggressive it not more the the car with the 5mm spacers. i also went with the 19in wheels, the roads are just too ****ty here in Oregon to try for 20in wheels, I also do not have the car lowered as I put the snow tires on in the winter.
I worked with David at Wheels Boutique to get the wheel and tire package, great service and follow up, he knows his wheels. Priced right.
Any pictures, by chance?

I came across a 997.1 Turbo (also in white) a while back with a gold set of Niche wheels (5 spoke design, can't recall the model number off the top of my head) and thinking "wow, that looks sharp!"

I'm finding I'm taking my time with this one, far too many individuals out there that have butchered their 997s with the wrong set of wheels
Old 04-21-2017, 12:55 PM
mpeterec
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HRE_Jurrian
Difficult choice but my personal preference would be to go with IPA on a white 997. Depending on who you ask though, you may get 50% of people saying IPA, and 50% of the people saying Fog which is another great color choice (sorry the photos aren't of a Turbo. Best I've got on a white 911 for the time being):
Tough call; the Fog seems like the safer of the two bets but the IPA has the potential to look absolutely wild. If you dig through one of my original posts in the intro section you'll see my 997.2 there -- maybe take a look and let me know which you feel would be the better fit, pending you've got time to do so

Also, are those 19" or 20" on the pictures shown?
Old 04-21-2017, 04:09 PM
AMERICANAAAA
5th Gear

I have the ffo1 on my 2016 golf R, the quality is impeccable! I have them in the standard silver color, not only are hey very lightweight, look modern/classic but the finish is so glossy that they clean up quite easily! Great Choice!
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
oalvarez (06-10-2023)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:17 PM
dannysf
Advanced

I just put 19 inch FF01 on my narrow body last week. They look great, the offset was a little mild for me so I bought 5mm/10mm spacers. I'd say 19 inch is perfect for our cars.

IPA will be different and bold, while the other colors more classic and timeless. Tough choice but I think you can't go wrong with any of these.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:01 PM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FWIIW, here's my C2S with silver 19 inch FF 01s, 235/35 and 295/30 PSSs and factory 5mm spacers. I believe the 19 inch FF01 offsets and ET50 and ET60 for front and rear, respectively. Would it look better if lowered? Probably. Could it use even thicker spacers? Maybe. Also, I didn't want to go all "Darth Vader" with dark wheels on a midnight blue car, so I went with the silver. On white though...?

I was fortunate in that HRE happened to be running a 25% off promotion when I was in the market for new wheels.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:28 PM
dannysf
Advanced

Originally Posted by Batman33

FWIIW, here's my C2S with silver 19 inch FF 01s, 235/35 and 295/30 PSSs and factory 5mm spacers. I believe the 19 inch FF01 offsets and ET50 and ET60 for front and rear, respectively. Would it look better if lowered? Probably. Could it use even thicker spacers? Maybe. Also, I didn't want to go all "Darth Vader" with dark wheels on a midnight blue car, so I went with the silver. On white though...?

I was fortunate in that HRE happened to be running a 25% off promotion when I was in the market for new wheels.
Mine is midnight blue too, lowered on Eibach and 10mm spacers on the rear. It looks good but it's not a huge difference from what yours look like. Yours look good. Also, mine are a custom brushed aluminum finish but its a similar silver look. I think they contrast nicely with our dark paint.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:59 AM
Batman33
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dannysf
Mine is midnight blue too, lowered on Eibach and 10mm spacers on the rear. It looks good but it's not a huge difference from what yours look like. Yours look good. Also, mine are a custom brushed aluminum finish but its a similar silver look. I think they contrast nicely with our dark paint.
Thanks DannySF. I agree WRT the contrast. I have the material to PlastiDip them a bronze color just for kicks but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe next year. I was also thinking that another 5mm of spacer in the rear might just be the ticket. I've also thought about lowering it at some point as I sometimes get preoccupied with he space between the tire and fenders. Anyway, thanks again. Now, post a pic! : )
Old 04-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Mr. Crabs
Advanced

Name:  IMG_3443.jpg
Views: 3324
Size:  290.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3442.jpg
Views: 2322
Size:  249.9 KB

I just snapped a couple of quick pics on my phone, I am going to do a home wash,wax and detail today and will get some better pics. I painted the front lip and the front screens black just before the wheels went on, the gold really sets the black off...IMHO
Old 04-22-2017, 12:06 PM
mpeterec
Intermediate

Those are 19", yes?

Seems HRE is out of stock on these for the time being with no timeline as to when they'll be available. I saw a set on eBay in black which apparently can be repainted for a decent dollar to match up either the IPA or Fog (still undecided)

Perhaps Jurrian would be able to chime in on these? Shown here, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/19-HRE-FF01-F...9Y7DkI&vxp=mtr
Old 04-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Mr. Crabs
Advanced

Yes, 19in, that is the stock 4S ride height, no spacers

Quick Reply: HRE Flow Form FF01