Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

...how about this C2S? (Still trying to find my first Porsche)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 10:49 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old news but worth repeating: If a person pays out of pocket for a repair, it will never show up on car fax, auto check, CLUE report etc.

FWIW, the selling dealer may not have know the pre existing damage. But once the damage is disclosed to them, the true test of their merit will be weather they disclose it to future buyers.

Sorry for your loss OP.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:54 AM
bolteon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skynet
Any update on this? PPI results?
Sorry guys!

So this did wrap up (I'm moving this week, so rather busy); an frustratingly it wasn't a positive outcome.

The guys at Marque eventually had to stop the PPI process after I informed Grand Prix of the potential damage.

Val did eventually fess up that there was repainting done on the car, but swore that no frame based work had been done.

We argued a decent amount over the phone over my time being wasted and his employee stating that the car was "pristine" (and being insulted I offered such a low initial offer).

After a few hours, he called resoundly to let me know that it was just a matter of an incorrectly mounted wheel with an incorrect offset to the rim.

He also said that he would happily replace the rim and sell me the car... for the same price as we had last talked about before this fiasco.

The full PPI wasn't done, and being offered the same price for a car that's had paint work done is pretty rediculous. He even touted how he'd have to pay out of pocket for the incorrect rim.

All in all, in moving on- too much shady business.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:41 AM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Shady approach. Sometimes the best deals are those we don't make.

Appreciate the updates.

A better example will show up!
Old 03-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by bolteon
Sorry guys!

So this did wrap up (I'm moving this week, so rather busy); an frustratingly it wasn't a positive outcome.

The guys at Marque eventually had to stop the PPI process after I informed Grand Prix of the potential damage.

Val did eventually fess up that there was repainting done on the car, but swore that no frame based work had been done.

We argued a decent amount over the phone over my time being wasted and his employee stating that the car was "pristine" (and being insulted I offered such a low initial offer).

After a few hours, he called resoundly to let me know that it was just a matter of an incorrectly mounted wheel with an incorrect offset to the rim.

He also said that he would happily replace the rim and sell me the car... for the same price as we had last talked about before this fiasco.

The full PPI wasn't done, and being offered the same price for a car that's had paint work done is pretty rediculous. He even touted how he'd have to pay out of pocket for the incorrect rim.

All in all, in moving on- too much shady business.
There are LOTS of 991's out there for sale. I would have moved on, too! Waaaay too much drama with that one...
Old 03-01-2017, 07:29 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
You don't want to do that. They will charge a fee IF they would ever agree, which I doubt they would. Just think of the logistical hassle and legal commitments that would need to be engineered (what if they bought it and then you pulled out etc).

You don't need a dealer for a PPI - just a trusted garage. Then get a decent 3rd party warranty.
I wouldn't rule this out...it's been done. If you have a relationship with a dealer they could run it through their shop for say $1500 plus you'd have to pay for the warranty. Worth a shot but not a normal transaction.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:19 PM
bolteon
Advanced

Default Guys!!!!!

OMG...

Two. Tone.

Its only missing the 18 way seats and PDCC, I can live without those for my first P-Car.

Thoughts on price? It's stupid how excited I get at the thought of owning this.

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...25ab2a&url=usa
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

^^ No pitchers when I clicked on it. Why do you think Natural Carrera Red is two-tone?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 PM
skynet
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a link to the dealer listing with pictures

--> link

Maybe that price is a little high for 20K miles, idk, but it is a 4S and has the two-tone! A car with two-tone leather interior just feels special inside.

Have you seen car in the Rhodium silver? It's kind of a cool icy silver.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:45 PM
bolteon
Advanced

--> link

Maybe that price is a little high for 20K miles, idk, but it is a 4S and has the two-tone! A car with two-tone leather interior just feels special inside.

Have not seen rhodium in person, I'm kinda digging it more compared to GT silver metallic.

They're pretty firm on price, it had a pretty high MSRP at 142k and a near 50k depreciation is met with much appreciation since it didn't come out of my pocket (see what I did there?).

I've got them locked in at 93.5k, waiting on some good news to pull the trigger... keep your fingers crossed it happens!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:10 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

--> link

Ah, looks just like mine! Good call.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:26 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 671 Likes on 359 Posts

Cool car! That's real close in MSRP to my car ($139.6k), but the one you've found has even more premium leather parts and a heated steering wheel (which I got spoiled with on my 997.2 even here in Texas... it's nice!).

The only thing I can think to suggest looking at one this one is since the car is a 4S in a more northern environment it may have a little more gravel-related chipping than a more fair-climate car. I bought mine in Salt Lake City and although it had seen some winter driving, the original owner had fortunately clear-bra'ed the car so it was in pretty good shape. However, there was still a little more fine chipping not blocked by the rear rock guards than I was used to seeing here in Texas and a tad more windshield pitting than I was used to. I only found these after flying out to look at the car in person. It wasn't enough to stop me from buying it since the car was just what I had been looking for and it was all-in-all in very good shape, but I did manage to use that to get a little more value out of them to make up for my "disappointment" (I ended up getting them to throw in a free set of OEM 5mm spacers and bolts and free carpeted mats at the final negotiation on-site - the car only had the all-weather ones in it).

But back to this car, this looks like a very good car that is nicely outfitted. Some will even argue that it is better without the PDCC although I have it and like it. The negotiated price is close to what I paid for mine last July (similar miles and MSRP) so I'd say it might be just a tad high... but I have to say... you don't find too many 4S's outfitted this nicely and if it is the one pushing your all your buttons, and it sounds like it is... then at the point why not go for it!

I don't know if you already have this build summary or not. Good luck! I have a good feeling about this one for you!

One last thing... I don't know where you live, but I ended up driving mine 1400 miles back home through the mountains of Utah and Colorado and some wide open roads in east New Mexico and West Texas. I ended up only on the interstates for maybe 100 miles total. It was a hoot and a great way to get to know the car. Those were probably some of the best miles I will have even put on it. Just something to consider once your dream becomes reality.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:46 AM
skynet
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a C4S over on 6speed with killer build if you like black on black. Looks to be a confident and good reputation seller. 29k miles and less than 80K and PDCC and full leather. 18 ways. CPO until 04/2019.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...ra-911-4s.html
Old 03-03-2017, 09:48 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

OMG...

Two. Tone.

Its only missing the 18 way seats and PDCC, I can live without those for my first P-Car.

Thoughts on price? It's stupid how excited I get at the thought of owning this.

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...25ab2a&url=usa
I bought my C2S from Geoff last month.You can see my experience in STG's sticky and alumni threads.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:15 PM
bolteon
Advanced

Originally Posted by visitador
I bought my C2S from Geoff last month.You can see my experience in STG's sticky and alumni threads.
Can't seem to find it, link?
Old 03-03-2017, 01:44 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Can't seem to find it, link?
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...9#post13981979

Quick Reply: ...how about this C2S? (Still trying to find my first Porsche)