Sponsored by:

Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 12:31 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jako
Seems odd. Any teller can get the validation the cheque has cleared. Cashiers cheque is guaranteed by the issuing bank.
Assuming the Certified Check was not a counterfeit, which is not difficult to do given the electronic resorces available today. Certified Checks at one time were a safe bet, however if I do not know the individual personally, I will only accept wire transfers, PayPal...or cash. Unfortunately, Jay was not able to do so....which "may" have bought RTF more time... With the history Gary's provided, the numerous claims of terrible customer service and RTF's comments made on the various posts...I'm worried that there never was a refund. I just hope for Jay, that I'm terribly wrong!!! JB
Old 12-30-2016, 12:32 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this beginning to get weirder? maybe we need Barry Scheck?
Old 12-30-2016, 02:14 PM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts

if anyone in the us had scammed me for 5k usd, id spend 1k on a plane ticket from Norway...
Old 12-30-2016, 02:22 PM
garyever
Advanced

I think one thing about RTM's check should be obvious. Given the pressure on RTM to squelch the bad press and show good faith to the forum knowing they were on thin ice, if RTM had the money to return and kill the momentum of this thread, they would have wired it to Jayson's Canadian bank. Every situation I have investigated the last couple months leads back to the fact that RTM cannot perform any promise until another victim lays down their new deposit. With RTM's present financial condition, its all about the delay enabling shallow promises or wheels to be fulfilled. Corvette Forum is still running their ads, so Jayson's check could clear as I imagine RTM is spinning the banks in the background that the money to cover the certified check has been sent and the banks are stalling, awaiting the same shallow promises that Jayson is waiting.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:11 PM
Carlow911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all 21 pages all I have to say is that I feel very sorry for all the people that got screwed without lubricant by this compagny called RTF. The way they handle customers' requests, concerns and complains is a total joke, I can get better after sale service at Walmart and Target!

THEY WILL NEVER GET ANY MONEY FROM ME!
Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM
garyever
Advanced

More on the RENNEN connection.

Rennen International, which was founded in NY in 2002 and has had its share of broken wheels and consumer relation problems, has grown to an enormous size establishing a number of regional offices, one in Ontario, California and my first search, guess what, produces a complaint on the yelp site against the Ontario office of an outraged consumer that mirrors Rennen's NY treatment and RTM/RTF's consumer abuse in about every way. Obvious that the Ontario office has a legal connection to Rennen NY, and I wonder if the RTM/RTF operation is also related?

Anyone know? How do we find out? Seems they've all worked for Rennen and been to the same consumer relations seminars.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
RENNEN WHEELS #2.pdf (821.2 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by garyever; 12-31-2016 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:53 PM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

If this were a movie it would be called Wolf of Wheel Street. Penny stocks, defective wheels, misleading marketing, fraud, the parallels are endless. I wonder if Jay's $5k was spent on hookers and blow.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:33 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

another sun sets on an unhonored check? i say we take on the bank next. this is unheard of.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

my guess is that RTF was out the funds immediately upon securing the certified check (which is typically the case), and that this "wait", however inappropriate, is on the bank in Canada.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:02 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ealoken
if anyone in the us had scammed me for 5k usd, id spend 1k on a plane ticket from Norway...
Me too. I'd be getting me some payback..
Old 12-31-2016, 01:50 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Take off the kid gloves and do a little searching on 'mail fraud' or 'wire fraud'.
Not something one wants to be on the wrong side of.

Anything over $1000 and the Feds can be quite helpful...
Old 12-31-2016, 02:42 PM
garyever
Advanced

OUR MESSAGE IS MOVING THROUGH THE FORUMS

Corvette Forum has also terminated RTM/RTF as a vendor, removed all recent Race Tech ads, and posted the following to help control and unify an effort to spare previous or recent victims. Now is the time to alert all your friends to do what is necessary to minimize losing their deposits, or to withdraw. I would encourage Rennlist to post the same and get the RTF ads out of sight. Checked the Audi site and they must have already taken action. An RTF/RTM search produces no page that contains their name.

(COPIED FROM THEIR FORUM)

CORVETTE FORUM

"Race Tech Forged is no longer a supporting vendor at Corvette forum. If you are among the customers of that business who has a unfilled order or an unresolved dispute, please let us know via PM so we can add you to the list we are compiling.

We'll prepare an email list to share with all that we hear from so they can use it to exchange information and coordinate their efforts to resolve their pending issues."

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ch-forged.html

Last edited by garyever; 12-31-2016 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:27 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Newscaster: "Ladies and...uhhhh, mi-Amigos of Ontario, California, with deep regret I've paused my New Year's Eve libations to bring the seven of you watching Real News Digital 47.1, a Mediocre Report that's taking place as I speak. Yes, as I'm speaking this is actually taking place... A Megatron Special Team of Ontario Ring-of-Super-Steel SWAT'ers with a Swaggering Show of Force have Ultra-Charged a Custom Wheel Business located in an area known only to Chimpanzee Locals as "Ape-***-Alley." ....and while our graphics reflect "Black Friday Fire", it was not the intended message...but was all we had for tonight; and for that I sincerely apologize. (Off-Mike): "GAWD-DAMN-IT I USE TO BE SOME DAMN BODY!!! This is %&#X%% Bull Sh-t!!!"

Newscaster: "It would seem that these filthy "Ape-***-Alley" actitivites can be linked to alleged Korean, New York and hold on to your Pink-Panther-Panties, yes Canadian Un-Organized Crime. Yep, F--K'ING Canadians!?!?!? Buuuurrrp!!! Who would have guessed that????"
"I say build the Gawd-Damn Wall from Rhode Island to Texas to Washington State...and have the Commies pay for it.." That will keep us Entitled Americans safe from the billions and millions of un-trusted criminals north of "Our Almighty God Loved American Border" USA!!!, USA!!!, USA!!!!

Newscaster: "Guys, do we have another fooooking, buuurrrp... graphic, jeeeezeus! Ok, we have some pictures coming in...from the scene...it would seem as if all f--king hell has broke loooooser, buuuuurp!!! I need a fricking drink...can I get a Gawd-Damn Bourbon, or is that toooooo much to ask of a minimum wage Peee-On, to get a News Legend his drink??? Holy Sh-t!!! Folks, look at these shocking pictutes coming in from our Real News Crew on loction at "Ape-***-Alley!!!"

​​​​​

Newscaster: "Mother of Little Baby Jesus!!! People of Ontario California!!! HOLY SH-T!!!! Lock Your F--king Window and Doors..and save the children, grandma and yourself cause it's raining "Gawd-Damn-Dirty-Apes" acoss the city, like filthy roaches running across a Motel's sticky ****-Carpet!! Like slipery-*** cash-fed politicians running to an "All You Can Eat Las-Vegas Buffet!!!"
"I myself, yes me alone a humble News Legend at News Digital 47.1 may have broke to you the Fricking Mother-Load Story for this 10 minute news cycle... CNBC, in your FACE!!! PEOPLE, WHO ARE THESE FILTHY DIRTY APES?!?!
Again, in complete dark oneness and isolation, I the sole reporter at Real News will indeed investigate. All of Ontario, hear me mutely...I'd suggest you stay tuned for updates, but for now where's my Gawd-Damn-Bourbon!?!? Buuurrrp!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh My God!!! Wait till you see what's coming!!!" LugNut Out..

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-01-2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-31-2016, 09:53 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Mr Belk...you have much time on your hands. Happy 2017, sir!
Old 12-31-2016, 10:00 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Funny $hit!
So sorry you got ripped off!

Quick Reply: Race Tech Forged Owes Me $5000