Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 997 here with macassar centre console?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 12:33 PM
ToniCarrera
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any 997 here with macassar centre console?

Hi guys,

Have anyone purchase the rear centre console enhancement package in Macassar for coupe models?

Part numbers:

997 044 803 80 center console macassar US
997 044 803 30 center console macassar RoW

It comes in a set of 3 parts = centre console, ashtray & rear extension storage

My car currently have macassar on air vents & doors, pictured here. Considering to replace the easily-scuffed painted centre console & ashtray with macassar as well.

If you have fitted a kit, what color is the inside of the 'extension storage' unit? I found a pic on the net it's leather sand beige (3rd picture here), but can't tell if that's factory fitted to match it's interior color.

Thanks for your input
Attached Images    
Old 12-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 925 Posts

I have the Porsche macassar add on center console. That pocket is all black.

I purchased this from a guy who I think wrecked his car before he could install it. It was new, in a Porsche box and wrapping.

BTW, my unit does not have the rich grain you see in pictures. The wood add on pieces, even from Porsche will never match the color of what was from factory. I understand that the factory tries to match up the grains and color when installed there. After that, it is a crap shoot.

I am looking for those Macassar door/handle pulls for a few years now.... I am looking used as I am not willing to pay those crazy Porsche prices. Coming up empty.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 12-05-2016, 11:12 AM
ToniCarrera
Track Day

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for writing. Great to hear from another macassar optioned 997. There's simply no detailed description and actual photos of this enhancement kit. I believe the door trims & window switch trims in macassar are very expensive, more so than the centre console.

1. Could I see some photos of your macassar interior?

2. What's the part number on your macassar package?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,452 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I installed a bunch of Makassar trim into my wife's pink pearl 997 as that's what she wanted when we bought it. She has the cup holder facia, other small dash pieces in that same horizontal line, the e-brake handle, shift ****, and the center console with ashtray. The console we bought did not have the rear extension piece as it came from a cab (rear cubby is only used in coupes) and I looked forever to find one, but couldn't, so we ended up buying a black leather one from a guy selling his leather console out of a coupe to a guy with a cab. It matches the other black leather in the interior, so works visually. There's usually a matchbox car in hers from our son.

I'd still like to find the doir trims and a steering g wheel, but have kind of given up the hunt. For as unpopular as it has become, you'd think sons would surface from a bought car where the owner wants CF or something else, but that doesn't seen to be the case.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:33 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 806 Posts

huh.

not gonna lie, the full center console is a bit funky looking. wood looks fake even though I know its not.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
huh.

not gonna lie, the full center console is a bit funky looking. wood looks fake even though I know its not.
It's a different look, for sure. It not only looks better against some interior colors than others, but also, there seems to be a tipping point where adding more Makassar starts to make the interior look gaudy. Plus, the stark variations in shade in the grain can look funky on some pieces.

I've got a Makassar steering wheel on a dark gray interior. I think it's a beautiful wheel and I've had people comment on how nice it looks. Even so, I'm not sure I'd go whole hog and buy all of the bits that are available.

I think it's especially attractive with a cocoa interior.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
huh.

I agree, but the real wood does not have that grain.... that pic looks like that paper stick on stuff. It is just a dark brown.

I will try and post a pic tonight... if I have the time.

My center counsole is actually strarting to crack.... I noticed two hair line cracks where between the lid and shifter..... not noticeable but it is there.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 12-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

2009 C2S

Here is a pic of my macassar center console. It is a Porsche product but as I noted, it doesn't match perfectly... the center console has more of a matte finish and the rest of the trim is a higher gloss coating. However, my original shift **** while having the higher gloss coating, is a bit clouded. All hard to tell.... with grease on the wheel (hey I am Italian!).....

So..... it is what it is.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 12-08-2016, 10:30 AM
ToniCarrera
Track Day

Thanks for the picture Bruce. Very nice. The more I look at it the more I want one. IMO the beige and brown interiors contrast best against the dark wood, makes the macassar stands out in the cockpit.

"It's the wood that makes it good"

The door trims & vent trims on mine are original factory fitted, and have a matt finish to them. Upclose picture here.

It's a shame about that plastic piece below handbrake lever. The least Porsche could do is supply a matching cover in plastic wood veneer.

By the way, could you show a picture of the rear storage extension as well? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2016, 10:42 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I've kicked around changing out that beige piece under the brake handle with a black one..... maybe one day.

The rear storage section is all macassar except for the black cubby liner.... they took the wood all the way.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 12-08-2016, 11:07 AM
ToniCarrera
Track Day

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
I've kicked around changing out that beige piece under the brake handle with a black one..... maybe one day.

The rear storage section is all macassar except for the black cubby liner.... they took the wood all the way.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Yup black or maybe even cocoa for a closer color match.

Would you have or know the Porsche part number on the packaging of your macassar console kit?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No. Go to Suncoast's website... they appear to have all these add ons for sale.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 12-08-2016, 11:17 AM
ToniCarrera
Track Day

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
No. Go to Suncoast's website... they appear to have all these add ons for sale.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Thanks mate you've been a great help. I'm making an order this week
Old 12-21-2016, 04:41 AM
knight509
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Did you order your parts from Suncoast? I think I may just bite the bullet and purchase it out right- it hurts just thinking about it. I also like the macassar steering wheel. I think it looks great with the cocoa interior which is my current set up.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:39 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,452 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Here's the one in my wife's coupe with matching dash trim strip, cupholders, shift ****, E-brake handle, and the black leather rear extension cubby. She wants door trim and the steering wheel too.

Quick Reply: Any 997 here with macassar centre console?