Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Got it. Seems alot of these are flips. Very low mileage. Sitting at dealers or exotic car shops.

About 20 older RS's for sale.

To me its simple. A fairly limited build car. One of the best if not the best street/track car of all time (Per Chris Harris), its a Porsche, even better its a RS.

Prices will fluctuate for sure but it will always be a very desierable car especially to the new generation owner that perfers PDK and as such it will hold its own value wise.

My opinion is that it will always bring over list, how much not sure. In years to come it may even go back up again as the first gen 991RS.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

If dealers are getting "punished", then I'm curious what kind of system is in place to Cath them. I only see it getting more brazen. I'm the smallest of small fry having only purchased one, and it's because of a connected 918 VIP friend, but selling dealer told me on 991.2 GT3 there are no names on lists, all cars going to highest bidder. That's a system which seems to only be getting worse.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:24 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If dealers are getting "punished", then I'm curious what kind of system is in place to Cath them. I only see it getting more brazen. I'm the smallest of small fry having only purchased one, and it's because of a connected 918 VIP friend, but selling dealer told me on 991.2 GT3 there are no names on lists, all cars going to highest bidder. That's a system which seems to only be getting worse.
Seems that way in the US. Thank god it's not reached that level in Canada.
Old 07-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 658 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Got it. Seems alot of these are flips. Very low mileage. Sitting at dealers or exotic car shops.

About 20 older RS's for sale.

To me its simple. A fairly limited build car. One of the best if not the best street/track car of all time (Per Chris Harris), its a Porsche, even better its a RS.

Prices will fluctuate for sure but it will always be a very desierable car especially to the new generation owner that perfers PDK and as such it will hold its own value wise.

My opinion is that it will always bring over list, how much not sure. In years to come it may even go back up again as the first gen 991RS.
Hey Gent's,

I have been using the search engine called Mitula for about a year to search for GT3's and RS's. It's a little tricky and it's pretty sensitive to input but once you get it set up it can bring you everything into your inbox daily. Here is what it looks like. it's grabs all other websites and even the private listings..

--------------------------------

Mitula

Hello!
These are the offers Mitula found matching your criteria.
Click on the link to access them.
porsche (There are 3,154 new offers)

gt3rs (There is 1 new offer)

porsche gt3 (There are 33 new offers)

porsche 911 (There are 1,087 new offers)

porsche 911 (There are 1,087 new offers)

Old 07-10-2016, 02:28 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Porsche.de
they include an huge 19% sales tax not due in the US

doesn't look so tragic they re softening

anyone for an UV Euro Delivery?

Old 07-10-2016, 02:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,708 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
College dropouts can punch anyone they want to
yeah but Trojan faked to drop out from Marshall lmao
Old 07-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,102 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
So what does? Taking them out to lunches? Bribes? I never had a relationship of any sort with a dealer, except if they do what they promise I come again and send others. But now that seems not sufficient, and you need to play some kind of games. So what are the rules?
No, I just mean you are competing against plenty of guys that bought 6 cars in 3 years instead of the reverse. Nothing special; just more business.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:01 PM
levd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
You're conveniently forgetting all of the heavy panameras and cayennes that premier dealers suck up even when they don't want them and know they'll never sell them.
AFAIK, Porsche sold 32.000 911s vs 73.000 Cayennes in 2015. Does not look much like "never sell"

I don't know Panamera sales numbers, but I somehow suspect it's not "never sell" either.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Again, what are the Porsche dealers doing that are "unscrupulous".

Holding out for top dollar on desireable car whose demand is still outstripping the supply?

Not giving one to a "good" customer at MSRP?

How are you using the term "unscrupulous"? Is it being used to say they are unfair? Doing that which is improper? Dishonest? Illegal?

If a dealer promised a customer at MSRP then not delivering at MSRP is dishonest and improper.

If a dealer is allowed to sell over MSRP and favors one customer over another due to whatever factors they weigh without a promise to either is that unscrupulous? No.

Is a dealer cornering many RS's in inventory to resell at high MSRP unscrupulous? No. They bought them from someone didn't they? If you had an RS and they offered you a tiddy profit for yours are you unscrupulous for selling? If demand doesn't support the market they will lose. If it does they make $$$.

Its called capitalism.

If you think some P dealers are bad at least one Ferrari dealer I know of sells numerous Cali T's to "shills" who keep the car for 60 days or so and then return them. Shill loses a little $ on turn in but after numerous cars they are high on the list for the "desireable" models" and can then cash in. Dealer gets his sales up and qualifies for more "hot" models.

How do I know. My sister in law's boyfriend is on his umteenth Cali T in 6 months. He was going to bring me in to introduce me to the GM. Thought about it then decided not interested in that game.

Cute eh?
Old 07-10-2016, 04:36 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 396 Posts

Delete
Old 07-10-2016, 04:42 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 634 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Again, what are the Porsche dealers doing that are "unscrupulous". Holding out for top dollar on desireable car whose demand is still outstripping the supply? Not giving one to a "good" customer at MSRP? How are you using the term "unscrupulous"? Is it being used to say they are unfair? Doing that which is improper? Dishonest? Illegal? If a dealer promised a customer at MSRP then not delivering at MSRP is dishonest and improper. If a dealer is allowed to sell over MSRP and favors one customer over another due to whatever factors they weigh without a promise to either is that unscrupulous? No. Is a dealer cornering many RS's in inventory to resell at high MSRP unscrupulous? No. They bought them from someone didn't they? If you had an RS and they offered you a tiddy profit for yours are you unscrupulous for selling? If demand doesn't support the market they will lose.

+1 For capitalism.

-1000 For not honoring agreements and understandings, i.e. lists with deposits.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
+1 For capitalism.

-1000 For not honoring agreements and understandings, i.e. lists with deposits.
Not honoring any "agreement" is unscrupulous. Agreed.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:40 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by levd
AFAIK, Porsche sold 32.000 911s vs 73.000 Cayennes in 2015. Does not look much like "never sell" I don't know Panamera sales numbers, but I somehow suspect it's not "never sell" either.
I've seen a couple panamera executives with 265k windows sitting there for over a year.
No ones fighting over them, was my point.
Pretty sure they're going to "never sell" them.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:02 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,195 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
I've seen a couple panamera executives with 265k windows sitting there for over a year. No ones fighting over them, was my point. Pretty sure they're going to "never sell" them.
I wouldn't mind one as a loaner while my GT3 gets serviced!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:00 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

Porsche Riverside, Porsche Burlingame and Braman Porsche are all advertising new GT3 RS over $295k. What's really insulting to me is two of the three are claiming MSRP is an amount that INCLUDES their second sticker.

Example: Porsche Riverside indicates they have two GT3RS (PTS) with MSRPs of $399,989. Really? The factory is now participating in second stickers? That's total B.S.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.