Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 01:31 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.

This is my first post on the forum but i have been following it very closely for the past year so please read. I have been looking for a GT3 RS at msrp for quite some time after being screwed over by my local dealer who I had bought many cars from they attempted to charge me a 50k premium.

After much diligence I have obtained a master list of exactly how many 2016 GT3 RS allocations are available as configurable stock vehicles and what they call unfilled buckets and exactly what dealers have them. I have called every dealer on the this list of which there were a very large number of GT3RS available much larger than you would think. The following is what I found and I believe there has got to be someone on this forum that can do something about this situation that has some contacts with PCNA.

Most dealers on my list had available at least one october stock vehicle order which was configurable meaning color could be changed etc. All of them were asking market value for the order which was 50k over msrp. When I questioned them on why they were charging over msrp when PCNA did not approve they said it was due to car flippers and high demand etc. more on this later. Some Dealers had many more configurable orders as many as 3 and again market value. The other order types they had was called an unfilled bucket order and they were december builds some dealers had access to more than a few to almost half a dozen. The ones with higher numbers supposedly had these for doing special favors for Porsche. Again they wanted market value or at least 50k over.

Out of all these dealers I called, lets say they were close to 40 on my list only 4 were willing to sell at msrp but all but one order was spoken for. The general manager of this dealership with the available allocation at msrp stated to me they wanted the vehicle to remain local so they would have a chance at reselling it again for market value. So they would not sell to me even though I informed them that PCNA had no such rule.

Bottom line, after calling around 40 dealerships from my list I came across one very honest sales person. He told me he was tired of the Porsche GT car game and that it was wrong and msrp was enough profit on a 200k vehicle and that was enough. His dealership was the one with a half a dozen allocations and according to him they were going for msrp if you were a client but now the dealer wanted 50k more for a premium especially if you were out of state. The other thing is that the dealers are the ones causing this price inflation some salespeople were ordering the cars and then putting miles on them and re listing them at inflated prices especially PTS orders. Colors like viper green etc are going for 300k. these price are not caused by flippers it is the porsche dealerships. I was able to locate a lot more orders then you think and all dealers were sitting on them taking offers and when that window is up they will order them and then mark them up. Why is Porsche allowing this? When the Dodge Hellcat came out and dealers were pulling this crap Dodge stepped on them an limited their allocations. Why can't Porsche do this? Is there someone i can contact with this info? Also the dealers have created an artificial market almost like corrupt market makers on a stock exchange and the sales person that was honest told me the prices were already starting to come down because it was the Porsche dealerships and not the flippers creating this market.

Anyway guys love the forum. I hope this info is useful and that people looking for this car realize there are a lot more of these cars out there than you think and the demand is somewhat fabricated at this point.

Last edited by porsche39; 06-25-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:48 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

May I ask how you obtained the master list?
Old 06-25-2016, 01:49 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Very interested and I'm not shocked one bit. I really do wish PCNA would have stepped in and reigned their dealers in. It's this kind of slight of hand games that will degrade the Porsche brand and will get really old with me. I'm one of those guys that paid over for my RS because of this artificial market but at least I don't give the pleasure of buying non-GT depreciating cars from these dealers. I'd bet that the same thing is going on with GT4s (maybe to a lessor extent). Thank you for sharing this information and doing the leg work.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:51 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Originally Posted by poofyo101
May I ask how you obtained the master list?
All I can say is its legit.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:53 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Very interested and I'm not shocked one bit. I really do wish PCNA would have stepped in and reigned their dealers in. It's this kind of slight of hand games that will degrade the Porsche brand and will get really old with me. I'm one of those guys that paid over for my RS because of this artificial market but at least I don't give the pleasure of buying non-GT depreciating cars from these dealers. I'd bet that the same thing is going on with GT4s (maybe to a lessor extent). Thank you for sharing this information and doing the leg work.
That honest sales person told me people really got hammered on the gt4's so you are correct thank you for the reply.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:54 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to RL! Thanks for posting and for all that info. I really feel bad for those like you who've done all the legwork and have still come up empty handed. There have been a few on here, including well informed VIP customers, who also believe that it is entirely the dealerships that have been driving up market prices and gouging customers. What you have uncovered seems to confirm this belief.

I'm not sure who is the person to speak to at PCNA. But I did get a call during the stop sale from Andrew Pine (VP Customer Relations at PCNA) who was very willing to listen and seemed very genuinely interested in how customers were getting along. I would suggest contacting him with your concerns.

Good luck with your search, and thank you again for all the work you've put into this and for letting us know about your observations.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:57 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
Welcome to RL! Thanks for posting and for all that info. I really feel bad for those like you who've done all the legwork and have still come up empty handed. There have been a few on here, including well informed VIP customers, who also believe that it is entirely the dealerships that have been driving up market prices and gouging customers. What you have uncovered seems to confirm this belief.

I'm not sure who is the person to speak to at PCNA. But I did get a call during the stop sale from Andrew Pine (VP Customer Relations at PCNA) who was very willing to listen and seemed very genuinely interested in how customers were getting along. I would suggest contacting him with your concerns.

Good luck with your search, and thank you again for all the work you've put into this and for letting us know about your observations.
sent you an email Thank you
Old 06-25-2016, 02:07 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche39
That honest sales person told me people really got hammered on the gt4's so you are correct thank you for the reply.
I'm 99% sure that those early "used" RSs that hit brokers and/or dealer lots were 918 owner cars (including dealer principal RS allocations from their 918 owner) that were being flipped. Probably 1/2 of the first batch of the RS released in the Spring of 2015 went to 918 owners and the majority of non dealer principal 918 owners would have never ordered an RS but I'm sure the dealer whispered sweet nothings of splitting the profits if they ordered one and flipped it back to them after titling the car. Then of course you have my favorite stealership of all (AUTO GALLERY) who was calling every dealer telling them that they'd buy their RS allocations for OVER MSRP (I spoke to 3 dealer salesmen who confirmed they got a call from Auto Gallery asking to buy their RS allocations and they told them to go pound sand)....unfortunately a few of the smaller dealers couldn't pass up that kind of money and sold it to them. I can only hope Auto Gallery goes out of business sometime soon for what they pulled.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:11 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm 99% sure that those early "used" RSs that hit brokers and/or dealer lots were 918 owner cars (including dealer principal RS allocations from their 918 owner) that were being flipped. Probably 1/2 of the first batch of the RS released in the Spring of 2015 went to 918 owners and the majority of non dealer principal 918 owners would have never ordered an RS but I'm sure the dealer whispered sweet nothings of splitting the profits if they ordered one and flipped it back to them after titling the car. Then of course you have my favorite stealership of all (AUTO GALLERY) who was calling every dealer telling them that they'd buy their RS allocations for OVER MSRP (I spoke to 3 dealer salesmen who confirmed they got a call from Auto Gallery asking to buy their RS allocations and they told them to go pound sand)....unfortunately a few of the smaller dealers couldn't pass up that kind of money and sold it to them. I can only hope Auto Gallery goes out of business sometime soon for what they pulled.
Ah yes the Auto Gallery they are dirtbags and i heard that info as well. They might be in the hole with some of their vehicles especially the ones with the iron rotors for 260k plus.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:13 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sent you an email Thank you
^ response sent
Old 06-25-2016, 02:33 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Ah yes the Auto Gallery they are dirtbags and i heard that info as well. They might be in the hole with some of their vehicles especially the ones with the iron rotors for 260k plus.
I wouldn't buy a can of soda from them if I was dying of thirst. I hope they choke on all those RSs that they are sitting on and take some losses to teach them a little lesson.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:36 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks for info. I believe PCNA chooses to tolerate this practice since these dealers need to accept the Panamera Turbo S Executives and other types of high depreciation cars, that they often need to sell at no profit or perhaps a loss. PCNA needs their dealership network, and vice-versa. The dealers are PCNA's best clients, not the aficionados. True, some potential GT buyers might end up quite upset, but that does not affect the families that visit the dealers on Saturdays and buy the Macans, finance their cars through PCNA at hefty rates, etc...Most never heard about a GT3RS ( obviously there are exceptions but from what I often see, the exceptions are few). All good with me since this is the market, but I believe dealers are implicitly forming sort of a GT-cartel. Good luck and keep us posted please.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:38 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Can I just start a formal petition and send to Porsche so you guys can buy cars from me?

Let's party.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:41 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Can I just start a formal petition and send to Porsche so you guys can buy cars from me?

Let's party.
If they are at msrp lets do it
Old 06-25-2016, 02:44 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Porsche39,

Please drop me an email when you have a minute if the board will allow it.

Ryan

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.