Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:18 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

"white time" hahahha
Old 06-30-2016, 12:20 AM
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i ahve 3.8rs and 40RS compferd to 991RS, both are so so. the 991RS is just better.
but 4.0 will be $$$$ over time, b/c # produced.
3.8RS likely higher than 991RS b/c men cannot just have on stick. they need one for the misses and one for themselves.... so stick shift always commands a premium. but which is the better car..... and more involving car... to me it's the 991RS.

value of my cars sucks.
i dont brewak them in
i bounce off limiter.
last time dealer tried to pull over rev report off my car, the piwis blew up. it cannot register the number of range 6 overrev on my 4.0.

just get a car and drive it.
wash it
maintain it
and bounce it off the limiter.
why pull out right before *** white time.
bounce off the limiter, feel it, and thank me later.
Lol, that was like reading Chewbacca post about his Porsches
Old 06-30-2016, 12:39 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

i do my best to entertain.
who needs seinfeld.
just read my post and pay me when you laugh.
i need $ for my next RS
all my current RS are dead from bouncing off the rev limiter
Old 06-30-2016, 08:36 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i ahve 3.8rs and 40RS compferd to 991RS, both are so so. the 991RS is just better.
but 4.0 will be $$$$ over time, b/c # produced.
3.8RS likely higher than 991RS b/c men cannot just have on stick. they need one for the misses and one for themselves.... so stick shift always commands a premium. but which is the better car..... and more involving car... to me it's the 991RS.

value of my cars sucks.
i dont brewak them in
i bounce off limiter.
last time dealer tried to pull over rev report off my car, the piwis blew up. it cannot register the number of range 6 overrev on my 4.0.

just get a car and drive it.
wash it
maintain it
and bounce it off the limiter.
why pull out right before *** white time.
bounce off the limiter, feel it, and thank me later.
This is amazing haha
Old 06-30-2016, 09:35 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Talk about imagery!

Lol.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:22 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by 786
Lol, that was like reading Chewbacca post about his Porsches
I just woke my wife up laughing so hard at this comment. Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 07-09-2016, 05:02 AM
porsche39
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its official Porsche does not care

Hey guys so since I started this thread here is the update,no response from Porsche because and this is just a guess, they don't give a damn.

Also the dealers that I called from my list that denied they had incoming orders that flat out lied when i knew what they had coming now magically have brand new never titled GT3RS's on their lots, in addition to the changeable orders they have being built later this year and due for delivery next year........and guess what 50k to 100k over msrp.

So there are a great number of these cars out there and as a lot of people have said the dealers are the ones bidding up these prices. They have all the cars. Literally they have the majority of them and they are sitting there unsold. There are also plenty of dealers that have between one and four of these things used just sitting there in addition to the new ones and in addition to the changeable orders that will be built later in the year and delivered in 2017 but still be 2016 vehicles. Thats a lot of ultra rare limited production cars. Its total BS guys.

Based upon my research if I had determined that this was a truly limited production car and that would justify paying over msrp that would be fine. but what I have found is that it is nowhere near Limited production status. There are just way to many of these things sitting around dealer lots used and to many newly arrived orders as well as orders waiting to be built. The fact is they are not moving off dealers lots. The ones that have moved have been bought by dealers from other dealers at inflated prices so that those dealers can attempt to gouge for even higher premiums. So what we have here is a total fabricated market not caused by flippers but by dealers. They did this to themselves. My advice let them take the haircut let these cars sit and they will be at msrp because they are not going anywhere. If fewer of them were made those prices they are asking are plausible but not with this many.

Sad thing is I was going to use the car as a daily driver I could not care about flipping it. So I am done with Porsche and they lost a very very good customer and its sad that a lot of their dealers are so dishonest and whats really disappointing is that Porsche doesn't seem to care.

One last thing and this is not to everybody on this thread but some of you guys with the comments like "Since this thread was posted my business made enough money to pay the premium go work harder." or I have such and such a watch or a hermes (not aimed at the guy who did the Hermes bag story cause that was funny just used as a brand name example) bag or blah blah blah. I would expect you guys would be older and more mature. What ever happened to being humble and confident? Some of you sound very insecure. I mean I was here to talk about cars and help whomever I could not to try to brag about how much money I made or how materialistic I am. Also some of the comments about wasting money on women? No one on here is married to a successful motivated women? I mean maybe there isn't any women on rennlist but my wife has bought and paid for her very own super cars that most of you guys would be envious of.

Oh wait they all want Hermes bags. Cmon guys (not all of you) this is 2016 not the 60's.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:29 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for sharing this insight, Porsche39. Though this whole episode does not directly reduce the enjoyment of the car I had expected more integrity from Porsche. On the other hand, they are in an impossible position to make everybody happy. And ultimately the call the shots.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:10 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Porsche39, you're making some bold claims which are based on your "research". Whilst what you state may in part be correct, the impression your portray is that the majority of dealers are playing dirty and PCNA don't care. That in my opinion is incorrect.

I do think you need to substantiate (with proof) publicly where these vast number of untitled cars are.

A lot of the responses on this thread have been about people's life experiences which does have a bearing on market perception and business. It is relevant to the topic of business practices, and one that you have raised about Porsche dealers. So I do think your last couple of paragraphs are somewhat unfair.

My understanding.
- the RS is highly desirable and there really aren't enough of them out there, hence the pricing
- there are "some" dealers who may not be playing by the ethical business practices that most of us are accustomed to but they are in the minority and in general we know who they are. Avoid them.
- the relationship you have with your dealer will determine the outcome and access to an RS
- allocations to dealers by PCNA have been above board and are based on size and volume of that dealership
- PCNA have come down hard on unscrupulous dealers (fact). One way is by pulling future allocations
- capitalism and laws play a significant role in what PCNA can do
- whilst I support the supply and demand models of capitalism, I find the current PCNA allocation system for specialty cars may not be fair. Its system of feeding the mighty (dealers) could eventually create monsters who PCNA will become ever increasingly dependent on. They need a fairer system and one option may be for specialty car allocations to go direct to the customer (whose history would be with PCNA) who in turn can choose to have the car supplied by via a dealer of their choice.

Pardon me if I now will come across as harsh but your last post makes me think that because you can't get the RS at a price you want (that's the only reason), you're on a bit of a whinge! You, like some others, are threatening to go down the route of committing Porsche harakiri. I think it's the wrong move because if carried through, it changes little.

Btw, one is likely to encounter similar or worse practices by other high-end brands.

Whatever the outcome for you, I do wish you well and hope you get what you want.

Last edited by Haku; 07-09-2016 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Porsche39: while interesting here is the problem with your information. It's is not specific and as such doesn't tell us much.

You use words like "majority" and "great number of" and "plenty" and "some" etc w/o numbers and specifics.

How many potential buyers are there? How many available RS are there at how many dealers?

Porsche said there would be another run of 100 cars. Further the number of cars known available on the market don't support your claim of an RS flood. Dealers want to sell cars not sit on cars.

By all counts there are less GT350Rs and dealers aren't sitting on them for speculation. They are selling them at $20 to 25k mark ups. That bubble will burst with the new Z28 and the new mid engine vette.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:08 AM
Obturate
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I owned a couple of 2015 GT3's so I do understand that they are a great car and I imagine the RS is even better. But what I don't quite understand is all the mental masturbation over the pricing of the 991 GT3 RS. To me, it is a simple decision as to whether I would rather have the money or the car. At this point, I would rather have the money. Obviously, other people want the car more than I do and I am OK with that.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:52 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

I married a high income producing wife so I retired after I got married at 28.. she buys all my cars for me.

dealers hiding cars away and jack up inventory is not news. they do it often.

cars not flying off dealers' lots if often planned. some dealer will sell,at 30+ some will sell at 100+. the higher premium cars takes longer to sell, but more margin and of course more risk.

it's not a limited production car. Porsche has never in its history made limited production cars. pagans is limited production. talbot lago is limited production. anything g with more than 10-15 copies is. it limited. one can argue apcivic is limited practitioners too. limited to 1mm cars per year. RA command the proce it does bc ppl are paying. when we all stop paying it will be worthless. 1mm buys a ranch in MN or a studio apt in Russian hills in SF (that's not exaggeration). and that 1mm apt sells above asking usually in a week. why? I have no idea. same logic goes with RS

it's a toy
buy or not buy
don't get bent out of shape
it's suppose to be fun
Old 07-09-2016, 11:00 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

wow, hes right you know, lots of cars unsold, on ebay on cars.com, reasonable offers refused because they paid too much for the car, its an artificial inflation caused by hoarding supply and the disruption caused by the 918 program, the more cars Porsche makes the better, its hard to have patience, but more allocations trickle out it seems and thats good for those who want to really drive their car. I truly believe we'd all be happier if the cars were produced on a made to order basis with no limitations on total production, cars are made to be driven and enjoyed, dogs are to be loved food is for eating and women are for…..
Old 07-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

^ so based on your analogy, make women to order?
Lol
Old 07-09-2016, 11:07 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Obturate
I owned a couple of 2015 GT3's so I do understand that they are a great car and I imagine the RS is even better. But what I don't quite understand is all the mental masturbation over the pricing of the 991 GT3 RS. To me, it is a simple decision as to whether I would rather have the money or the car. At this point, I would rather have the money. Obviously, other people want the car more than I do and I am OK with that.
A very rational thought. I know my frustration, and most others here, revolved around the allocation process. It's frustrating when you cultivate a relationship with a dealer/salesman and think you are in line to get one these cars, only to get passed over by others willing to pay insane premiums. It's soured my relationship with a dealer, had to move on. Business I guess. I ended up paying a premium for an allocation, but could have been a smoother process all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.