Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 03:34 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

CJ-
How are 570S selling? Do u see market steals from 911 Turbo buyers?
Old 07-19-2016, 05:51 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
You and I both probably got smoked on the 12c but there are a few things different now-

Dealership network is improving
More product investment from brand
Better residuals that 911 TT
Brexit

It's going to get even better for our customers now.
CJ,

i hope that's the case. you're in the game so i hope you make them better. the brand needs time & they've done well so far. growing pain but i hope the best for it & for you.

being one of the early adaptor on 12C too & lost my butt on it including spider. luckily P1 did well so i got out clean. i recently had few surprises with parts & parts dept that got me worried about the brand's future. friend had issue with a 2015 650S. grey market car so no warranty. 3 shocks out of 4 are leaking. replacement cost is north of 15k. i suspect that's gonna be pretty common down the road for other cars. hope not! another has issue with battery. trying to find one locally which is impossible. part is like 3k plus it has its own ECU that needs to be programmed etc. it's overly complicated than it should be which IMO it's gonna be an big deal for the product down the road. that's just small things here & there but it's very frustrated to deal with when no one seems to know much from the inner network.

btw, the parts manager Eric u got is pretty awesome. he's the only guy that's helpful after contacting at least 6 other dealerships. no one else seems to have clue about the car to be honest.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
CJ-
How are 570S selling? Do u see market steals from 911 Turbo buyers?
I have a 570GT on the way, in preference to a Turbo. Just to try something different, which certainly looks 'fresher'

Mac is making good strides, although sometimes stumble along the way. I was on the list for an early 12C but postponed it and then cancelled when issues became apparent.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:42 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 20C4S
CJ,

i hope that's the case. you're in the game so i hope you make them better. the brand needs time & they've done well so far. growing pain but i hope the best for it & for you.

being one of the early adaptor on 12C too & lost my butt on it including spider. luckily P1 did well so i got out clean. i recently had few surprises with parts & parts dept that got me worried about the brand's future. friend had issue with a 2015 650S. grey market car so no warranty. 3 shocks out of 4 are leaking. replacement cost is north of 15k. i suspect that's gonna be pretty common down the road for other cars. hope not! another has issue with battery. trying to find one locally which is impossible. part is like 3k plus it has its own ECU that needs to be programmed etc. it's overly complicated than it should be which IMO it's gonna be an big deal for the product down the road. that's just small things here & there but it's very frustrated to deal with when no one seems to know much from the inner network.

btw, the parts manager Eric u got is pretty awesome. he's the only guy that's helpful after contacting at least 6 other dealerships. no one else seems to have clue about the car to be honest.
What you just described kills depreciation as used buyers avoid the marque.

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 07-19-2016 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

I'll find you a M8C can am car.

750 hp, no abs, sound fun?
Sweet, but does it have nannies?
Old 07-19-2016, 09:58 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
What you just described kills depreciation as used buyers avoid the marque.
still love the brand though. would take a 570S over 991 Turbo any day but one thing with Porsche that is hard to beat - product confidence.

i'm sure we'll be seeing CJ's here in no time

http://jalopnik.com/mclaren-is-makin...ium=socialflow
Old 07-19-2016, 10:48 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 20C4S
CJ,

I have owned several dealerships....(not Mclaren), this is a two way street that needs both parties to play at high level to be successful long term. McLaren is a small manufacturer. They are growing dealer network at decent pace for good market representation and hopefully with the feedback and input from dealers like Cj and others McLaren will make it a good partnership for the dealers long term but it is risky at this stage. There are many things at play here that enhances relationship and passes on a great experience for customers and builds both great dealers and great brand..... factory warranty support, factory parts availability to dealer, factory support in addressing customer issues, factory paying dealers warranty receivables in a timely manner, training by factory for dealer techs and staff, inventory support when things aren't so great in sports car market, etc etc etc the list goes on and on will determine if they can succeed or not. I applaud CJ for taking the risk and it will pay off big if McLaren treats its dealers as true ambassadors for the brand and understands the dealers are the real face of the brand to the customers and need to support the dealers (for ultimately the customers) above and beyond in these early years while growing customer base and future brand retention.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:51 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I'll find you a M8C can am car.

750 hp, no abs, sound fun?
Hell yea!
Old 07-20-2016, 12:20 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

That new mclaren 3 seater is going to be interesting.. My source says 15 for USA only. Talk about a billionaire's allocation frenzy!
Old 07-20-2016, 05:52 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Thanks everyone for the love. Now only if I had a porsche franchise...

20C4S- as with all high end cars, people run into issues when they let their cars sit and don't get them regularly inspected, or regularly driven.

From my personal (customer experience) McLaren has been great about servicing my car and replacing anything under warranty.

Listen up everyone IMPORTANT-

Take your car in for service, if things are leaking etc they will get replaced under warranty!! Drive your car often or get it inspected regularly (every 6 months) to avoid crappy surprises. You don't have to pay for stuff if it is the manufacturers fault and your dealer techs are probably bored waiting to fix stuff anyway!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:36 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
And did you get for "list"?

Well, sometimes you just get lucky and things somehow work out.
Please refer to post#90

Go figure MSRP for Birkin and "actual" GT3RS
Over "list" for diecast which I had thought was my consolation for not being able to get the real thing.

Many thanks to my salesperson Tommy Justice and all the guys at Porsche West Broward.
Attached Images    
Old 08-14-2016, 09:56 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

^ Congrats. Where did you get the UV model?
Old 08-14-2016, 10:23 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
^ Congrats. Where did you get the UV model?
eBay
Sold by getzen08
Old 08-30-2016, 07:27 AM
MJK-PurpleRS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tommy i need to stop by and show you my new UV, also Amid wanted to see it. Hopefully this weekend weather permitting!!!
Old 08-30-2016, 09:43 AM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD
Go figure MSRP for Birkin and "actual" GT3RS
My wife peaked over my shoulder and punched me when she saw this bag on my screen. Good work!

I told my wife she can have one when the last kid is out of diapers.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3RS allocations the truth please read.